autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Wonder what the woke folk think about biden silently changing the eligiblity requirements for his student loan "forgiveness"??

Ooh wait NPR probly didnt cover that one

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Since I am an old fart and stay hidden under a rock most of the day, and just about only come out from under it to pee at night-- ( stupid & not tech savy)
    Would you please send me the link to that info, i would like to see it
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

2. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Since I am an old fart and stay hidden under a rock most of the day, and just about only come out from under it to pee at night-- ( stupid & not tech savy)
    Would you please send me the link to that info, i would like to see it
    Heres the link but im not sure it will work be cause the Epoch Times is a subscription news service. If it doesnt work, i know you can signup for a free 30 day trial will no stings attached (meaning no payment method needed). Thier in depth news reporting on not just the US but from all around the world is one of the best news sources i have found.

Ill also put a link to justthenews.com's report on it, although the epoch times has more info on the subject as a whole compared to just the news.

Biden Admin Quietly Makes Reversal on Student Loan Forgiveness Program, Scales Back Eligibility Biden Admin Quietly Makes Reversal on Student Loan Forgiveness Program, Scales Back Eligibility

Biden Administration scales back student loan forgiveness program | Just The News

4. Thanks luckydawg thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly gas prices and definitely into politics. I don’t understand the goal of the college loan forgiveness. I understand that, just like the housing loan recession 15 years ago, there is predatory lending going on with college loans that puts people in a lifetime of debt. However. If we’re not going to fix the root cause, it’s a waste of damn money. And because the federal govt has backed most of the college loan funding, that has allowed universities to continue to increase prices. It’s a house of cards that needs to be fixed before forgiveness is given.

6. Likes chilly, opie, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didnt intend to try to derail the thread, it was just an article i was reading at that time and then hopped on here and let it spill out in this thread. The average bear only hears what the msm wants them to hear.

Suppose it could be made into a dedicated off topic thread but to be honest with you..i dont know how many ppl would really have interest in it. I enjoy real discussion, and hearing how others think.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the .25cents a gallon discount has kicked in here in the free state of Fl.-- now $2.92 per gallon
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    there is predatory lending going on with college loans that puts people in a lifetime of debt.
    Please elaborate
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Well the .25cents a gallon discount has kicked in here in the free state of Fl.-- now $2.92 per gallon
    Holy heck thats cheap even without the 25 cent off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Please elaborate
    Cant wait to hear that answer as well.

People know what they are getting into when they sign on the line..And if they dont well thats their fault.

12. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to hear that answer as well.

People know what they are getting into when they sign on the line..And if they dont well thats their fault.
    Also, the VAST majority of debt is held by those that CAN afford to pay it back. People who attend college are not typically hurting for income compared to those who haven't. Even in today's inflated tuitions, people coming out of school with debt can indeed pay it off. Loans are at low rates and spread out upwards of 30yrs. The costs per month required to pay it back are like a car payment. My wife and I paid for college and private university law school and paid it off easily in 10yrs. In the end, people need to be responsible and pay their debts even if they make bad decisions. We aren't their parents or caretakers, and it's wrong on many levels not to hold them accountable for their dues. If anyone wants "forgiveness," go get the actual lender and institution that provided the education to pay it back or dismiss their debt. Even then, they can't take back the education and teachings thus even that's not fair.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy heck thats cheap even without the 25 cent off

Thats exactly what they want you to think--

But I do understand your point

16. Likes PaulMys, opie liked this post
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast