autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

This is all an opinion based on perception and what I have seen. You make valid points. Both sides play games but I think the GOP in its current form is more dangerous to the country. Again, just my opinion.

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The attacks on voting for me are my big ticket item that doesn’t allow me to vote for Republicans. Instead of trying to bring moderates on board, they’re just focused on blocking people from voting in large populous. They’re not making sure that only Americans allowed to vote are voting, they’re trying to reduce the time large counties can spend voting. Reducing the number of polling places like was done in Louisville and caused huge lines. Or blocking Sunday voting in Houston. That is simply trying to block democratic votes, which are more prominent in cities. That maybe one way to try to win but long term I think this will bite the Republicans.

Democrats are messed up but to me, the Republicans have gone further off the deep-end. Instead of trying to solidify their base, how about coming back to the middle and getting those of us that aren’t happy with democrats either? Maybe one day that will be the goal, but for now, it is the lesser of two evils for me. And as Cleanit pointed out, Republicans and MAGA are too far to one side for me. I don’t consider myself a democrat but I am anti-MAGA. I can’t wait until the Republican Party can move past Trump, who only cares about Trump.

And for those that want to point out I should think or do you see what they’re doing, maybe you should look in the mirror and really analyze what your party is doing. I wish there was a third party that could actually be in a position of power but that is a pipe dream right now. For me, it is the lesser of two evils.

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Voting should be 1 day...and thats it. Absentee ballots should be for those fighting over seas or unable be present for certain reasons. NO mail in balloting. That is a scam and everyone knows it.

Voting is also only for valid US citizens.

Dems Denied Elections as well

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Voting should be 1 day...and thats it. Absentee ballots should be for those fighting over seas or unable be present for certain reasons. NO mail in balloting. That is a scam and everyone knows it.

Voting is also only for valid US citizens.

Dems Denied Elections as well
    Voting is not a one size fits all. Are you essentially saying Americans living in cities should be forced to use the same exact processes as much smaller counties? For what good reason should it only be one day? Shouldn’t the bigger city be able to support their citizens the best way they see fit just as the other counties should best support their citizens?

And you’re bringing in additional topics of only Americans voting, which is not at issue. Only Americans should be voting, but that’s not the focus.

And absentee voting is a scam so now you’re saying our military personnel voting overseas are not allowed to vote.

Nothing is ever black and white, there are valid gray scenarios.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Voting is not a one size fits all. Are you essentially saying Americans living in cities should be forced to use the same exact processes as much smaller counties? For what good reason should it only be one day? Shouldn’t the bigger city be able to support their citizens the best way they see fit just as the other counties should best support their citizens?

And you’re bringing in additional topics of only Americans voting, which is not at issue. Only Americans should be voting, but that’s not the focus.

And absentee voting is a scam so now you’re saying our military personnel voting overseas are not allowed to vote.

Nothing is ever black and white, there are valid gray scenarios.
    Have enough polling locations for said areas.

The more days and the "easier" you make it, the easier it is to cheat. Ballot drop off boxes are a huge flaw. No boxes outside. Those need to be inside a polling place, so they cannot be dropped off at any given time.

No, Absentee voting is different than mail in ballots

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    That is a scam and everyone knows it.
    I’m sure this is going to come across more mean than I’d like so I’ll apologize ahead of time.

But to be honest, any time I see a comment like this, I can’t take it seriously. Any statement of 100% with issues as complicated as we’re discussing are 100% wrong. There are no absolutes. There are no definitive statements that are 100% correct.

Everyone knows climate change is BS.
    Everyone knows climate change is real.

Neither of those statements should be taken seriously because nothing is absolute. But that’s me because I try to see both sides. And only by looking at both sides am I able to figure out where I am on a particular topic. And it usually comes down as I’m partial to a particular side BUT there are issues with that side.

11. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure this is going to come across more mean than I’d like so I’ll apologize ahead of time.

But to be honest, any time I see a comment like this, I can’t take it seriously. Any statement of 100% with issues as complicated as we’re discussing are 100% wrong. There are no absolutes. There are no definitive statements that are 100% correct.

Everyone knows climate change is BS.
    Everyone knows climate change is real.

Neither of those statements should be taken seriously because nothing is absolute. But that’s me because I try to see both sides. And only by looking at both sides am I able to figure out where I am on a particular topic. And it usually comes down as I’m partial to a particular side BUT there are issues with that side.
    You have to have feelings to hurt, and I leave those at the front door.

I meant it in the general sense not literally… good grief. Could it be good for some? I'm sure . But in the grand scheme of things it's not good As it makes it easier to cheat. As I'm sure you know even Jimmy Carter said that years ago.

I'm not one side or the other. I'm conflicted every election season cause I'm part of a Union. I don't agree with everything but as a whole it is a better choice for me atleast and I support it. You always have to watch out for a candidate that is for right to work whether it's just state or national.

Got to weigh your options and take the good with the bad just like every other single issue that we vote on. Gotta stand up for what's right constitutionally, and morally.

13. Likes dgage, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. I agree with you on taking a stand and for now, the most important thing to me constitutionally that I feel is under attack is the right to vote, which I feel is fundamentally American and one of the reasons I joined the US Army.

And I wasn’t picking on that particular comment but many comments like that on this thread.

15. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. I agree with you on taking a stand and for now, the most important thing to me constitutionally that I feel is under attack is the right to vote, which I feel is fundamentally American and one of the reasons I joined the US Army.

And I wasn’t picking on that particular comment but many comments like that on this thread.
    Agreed! Thankyou for your service.

17. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Noticed rising again PA. $4.15. Gallon. $58.74 for 14.2 gallons to fill up Friday night after a week of work.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast