autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

Electric vehicles definitely have a myriad of issues but they are improving but still have huge strides to make across the board.

But gas powered cars have issues too. First, the best engines in a lab have a 40% thermal efficiency but most engines in the real world are 20-35% efficient. That means only 20-35% of a gallon of gasoline in a car translates to motion and the rest is wasted heat energy. And that doesn’t include the overhead for producing and transporting the gas. So there are some huge issues on the fossil fuel side of the ledger as well.

We need to improve all of our technologies and keep our options open. I’d rather we not give subsidies to electric vehicles, food (ethanol) in our gasoline, and other subsidies but big business pays more than citizens do.

2. Likes chilly, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

$3.35 around here now, went to a larger town about 45 minutes away ( Ocala ) and found a few places cheaper. Sams Club was $3.16 but since biden got in office and gas went up about 100%- its not worth fighting the lines there. I stopped @ a 7-11 and it was $3.29 and got it for $3.18 since I am a "rewards " member .
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Biden hasn’t had any real policies that caused the gas prices to increase and likely had limited success in getting prices down from their recent highs. But if he gets the blame for one he should get some credit for bringing prices back down but I really don’t attribute either to him.

Our gas prices are high because Russia invaded the Ukraine and other than stopping the invasion, there wasn’t anything else that could be done to keep gas prices from going up. Well, I guess we could have ignored the situation completely and helped finance a needless invasion by a power-hungry dictator.

6. Likes Big Dave, chilly, Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holding steady around $2.99 here but jumped up 20c when we drove to the Metroplex over the weekend. Counted 9 electric cars over the weekend, but didn’t start seeing them until we got into the DFW area. Strangely enough, 6 of them were on the way back taking US287 instead of on I20.

I’m probably the ideal candidate for an electric car. My wife drives her car if we go on long trips because we have to carry my wheel chair and other equipment for my disabilities. I only drive local. However, there’s not really one that appeals to me. We’ll have a hybrid of Ford ever puts it on a train out of Mexico.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Biden hasn’t had any real policies that caused the gas prices to increase and likely had limited success in getting prices down from their recent highs. But if he gets the blame for one he should get some credit for bringing prices back down but I really don’t attribute either to him.

Our gas prices are high because Russia invaded the Ukraine and other than stopping the invasion, there wasn’t anything else that could be done to keep gas prices from going up. Well, I guess we could have ignored the situation completely and helped finance a needless invasion by a power-hungry dictator.
    So closing down pipelines didn’t effect them? Closing down all federal lands to drilling? Making it virtually impossible to drill on already owned but not drilled leases? Really?

9. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    So closing down pipelines didn’t effect them? Closing down all federal lands to drilling? Making it virtually impossible to drill on already owned but not drilled leases? Really?
    Dude-- your wasting your time here
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    So what has Biden done that has brought gas prices down? Everything you cited does point to gas prices going up but now that gas prices have come back down, what did he do? How did he also affect prices around the world?

I don’t necessarily like Biden but the blaming of Biden for everything is tiresome. Politics today is all or nothing. One party did all of it or the other but the world economy is not black or white.

Post Thanks / Like

No gas available today @ the dozen stations in our area
    but signs say $3.39

Post Thanks / Like

Just paid $3.82 for 91 at Sunoco.

Post Thanks / Like

$3.89 Here.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

16. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast