autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    but we don’t have all the social problems he brings along
    We have just as many and worse. People need to get over the social BS too. It's not the right or his followers that are causing them. Democrats and anti Trumpers are the cause of nearly all of them. He was an arse but most of his policies, especially looking out for America and Americans FIRST were solid. He and his policies threatened the gravy train of many and that train does need to get derailed.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes opie, dlc95, JDGolden, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

$4.46 In Ocala Fl.- Sams club was $4.38 with about a 20 minute wait
    & of course that was for 87 octane

Post Thanks / Like

If they suspend the Federal gas tax, (18 cents/gallon) and the prices drop for two days, then climb back up, (Like what happened here in NY when we suspended the state gas tax) then we have a serious problem with the Big Oil companies setting the precedent for all other goods and services.

Capitalism is Capitalism.

Greed is Greed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    We have just as many and worse. People need to get over the social BS too. It's not the right or his followers that are causing them. Democrats and anti Trumpers are the cause of nearly all of them. He was an arse but most of his policies, especially looking out for America and Americans FIRST were solid. He and his policies threatened the gravy train of many and that train does need to get derailed.
    Gas prices something to think about….. or not. Great thing about politics is you get to believe what you want.

We agree to disagree. Trump absolutely had the US in social despair and has this country separated more than it has since…. Well a long time.

Trumper’s like to just focus on his economic’s but I don’t disagree with that part. Just he is he was bad for the people… not their wallets.

You were on his social side so you will continue to see it from his/your perspective…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Gas prices Trump absolutely had the US in social despair and has this country separated more than it has since…. Well a long time.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is nice to have discustions and not hate eachother in the end.

I will say that i noticed that the msm was the ones bringing up and making it about race...constantly. Basically saying trump and his voters were racist.

Why make things about race?...for division of citizens.

Msm talks about it when its a violent white person, but any other race....gotta keep it under wraps. (Fitting the narritive).

5.70 per gal for premium the other day..ouch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

For me Trump's economic policies, while some good and some not so much, weren't great enough to offset the rhetoric. I pulled for Biden like many others because he was too divisive. And let's not forget how Trump, to this day even, tried to steal the election. Doesn't get more un-American than that.

My Pillow guy, Sidney Powell, Guliani...kooks that lost their minds. The evidence is clear to me what was going on.

Trump was told repeatedly and by many that there was no serious or substantial election fraud. For nearly three hours, Trump refused to tell rioters to stop and go home despite pleas from more than 20 Republicans to do so.

My Speculation on What Happened.

The Jan6 riot was coordinated and staged by the Proud Boys to pressure Pence to go along with the Eastman plan to fudge the electoral count. If Pence didn’t go along, the back up plan Trump and the White House had developed was to use the Jan6 riot as an excuse to take Pence involuntarily away from the Capitol to a secure location “for his own safety” to block him from doing the count and certifying Biden’s election.

However, Pence had gotten wind of the backup plan. He was hiding and barricaded in the house chamber with about 60 congressmen and staffers. Ashlie Babbit started breaking and climbing through the window on the door to the lobby of the house chamber. The crowd outside was chanting ”Hang Mike Pence.” To protect Pence and everyone else, Ashlie was was immediately shot by Capitol police officer Boyd before she could breach the chamber. The crowd outside the chamber abated with the shot. Ashlie later died of her injuries.

That is why Pence was unwilling the next day to get in a strange limo the next day to be taken home after he certified Biden’s election. That is why Trump had wanted Pence to be hanged (?). That is why Trump waited so long to calm the crowd down.

Trump is basically a 5th grader in a fat old adult body.

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    For me Trump's economic policies, while some good and some not so much, weren't great enough to offset the rhetoric. I pulled for Biden like many others because he was too divisive. And lets not forget how Trump, to this day even, tried to steal the election. Doesn't get more un-American than that.
    From the outside, he seems like a "win at any cost" kind of guy.

On my previous post, I worked out some of my figures back to front, so I created a little spreadsheet to work it out for me. We've also had another price jump since I filled up, I was checking the prices on the way home. If I use 95 octane, our mid-strength premium, it will cost me $2.28.9 (AUD) per litre, which converts to $5.98 (USD) per gallon. E10 94 octane I can get for $2.16.9 per litre, or $5.66 per gallon.

So yeah, my next car may be an EV, and we have solar panels on the roof.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holding steady here in PA @ $4.99 for 87.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Holding steady here in PA @ $4.99 for 87.
    Might drop 18 cents or so if our powers to be decide it would be a good idea to temperaily halt the federal gas tax.

Dumb idea in my opinion. Womt make any sort of difference, And will only hurt us in the end.

They are scrambling to make it seem like they're trying. Nice try

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Dumb idea in my opinion. Womt make any sort of difference, And will only hurt us in the end.
    I agree. Our roads are generally bad enough everywhere that if the Fed can give some money for state roads or even just improving our highways, I would not want to reduce that money any further.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    They are scrambling to make it seem like they're trying. Nice try
    The problem is, like a lot of things, the reaction takes a long time. Even if production of crude oil was increased immediately, we likely wouldn’t see the results for many months. And it doesn’t look like any of the big oil companies are wanting to react to what could be short term or artificial demand as the real driver is the Russian war with Ukraine and the resulting tariffs/uncertainty.

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast