autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Your first car*

My 1st car was a 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz. I bought the car back in 1997 when I was 18yrs. old. It wasn’t the 1st Cadillac I fell in love with, but it was the 1st one I could afford.

That car never let me down. I wish I still had it today.

It’s also when the detailing bug hit.

2. Likes Big Dave, Bosko, Tasmania, BudgetPlan1, Azure and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    My first car was a 1990 Mitsubishi Magna that cost me $1600 it was ok to learn on until the head gasket went.
    Behold the glory of the 1990 Mitsubishi Magna. I'm curious to see if Mitsubishi US sold a version of this. Although in my memory I think it was developed for the Australian market. I had one as a loan car once, I felt like everyone was starring at me.*Your first car*-psx_20211109_194729-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My 1st car was a 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz. I bought the car back in 1997 when I was 18yrs. old. It wasn’t the 1st Cadillac I fell in love with, but it was the 1st one I could afford.

That car never let me down. I wish I still had it today.

You a big Cadillac guy?

I had a 1997 for awhile

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Azure, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car in 2004 was a 2001 Ford Fairmont (Falcon) sedan.

This model Falcon, the AU, was reviled by most due to it's somewhat awkward styling, I am one the rare few who actually loved the way it looked. Mine was presumably owned by a previous owner who towed a caravan, as witnessed by the existence of a heavy duty tow bar and scraped rear mudflaps (these Falcon's were sprung very softly for comfort, hence the scraped mudflaps). I loved that car, the Barossa Red paint rewarded the detailing effort I poured into it. I changed the wheels and exhaust, added a rear spoiler and changed a few interior trim pieces, including the lovely Momo steering wheel. With an engine with huge low down torque and an open diff, it would rip single-peg burnout with ease!

I loved that AU so much that a decade later, I bought the ultimate version in what was called the T3 TS50. These had a stroked 5.6 Windsor V8 that used a hilarious amount of fuel but sounded stunning! I sold that car for my current XR8.

The spoiler looked rather silly and certainly drew many looks. It was apparently offered a measurable amount of down-force, but was really just a "mine is bigger than yours" situation between Holden and Ford at the time.

8. Likes Big Dave, Bosko, Eldorado2k, Tasmania, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1976 Monza Spyder 2+2 with optional 305 V8

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

10. Likes Bosko, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    You a big Cadillac guy?

I had a 1997 for awhile

Yes definitely. I can’t imagine driving anything else. Nice Eldorado. I used to have a 92’ that looked alot like it.*Your first car*

This is the 1 I currently have. It’s a 2000 Deville DHS. I’ve owned 8 Cadillacs though out the years.

That’s really cool the way you made my picture look. I have that picture in a large frame. I wish I had made it look like that beforehand. Lol.

12. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad had this "84...not a desirable Caddy for sure...lol

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My first car in 2004 was a 2001 Ford Fairmont (Falcon) sedan.

This model Falcon, the AU, was reviled by most due to it's somewhat awkward styling, I am one the rare few who actually loved the way it looked. Mine was presumably owned by a previous owner who towed a caravan, as witnessed by the existence of a heavy duty tow bar and scraped rear mudflaps (these Falcon's were sprung very softly for comfort, hence the scraped mudflaps). I loved that car, the Barossa Red paint rewarded the detailing effort I poured into it. I changed the wheels and exhaust, added a rear spoiler and changed a few interior trim pieces, including the lovely Momo steering wheel. With an engine with huge low down torque and an open diff, it would rip single-peg burnout with ease!

I loved that AU so much that a decade later, I bought the ultimate version in what was called the T3 TS50. These had a stroked 5.6 Windsor V8 that used a hilarious amount of fuel but sounded stunning! I sold that car for my current XR8.

The spoiler looked rather silly and certainly drew many looks. It was apparently offered a measurable amount of down-force, but was really just a "mine is bigger than yours" situation between Holden and Ford at the time.
    You have/had some very nice car's DFB a true credit to working hard and picking the right ones.

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was/is also a Cadillac. An ‘89 Coupe de Ville. I still have it! It’s my pride and joy and I don’t plan on ever getting rid of it although it rarely gets driven these days. I’ll try to get some decent photos this weekend…
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

18. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can one up the Capri. I had the same color Pinto, the exploding version.

20. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.