autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lottery Car, what's yours?

Be sure to get that lift inspected occasionally. I didn’t and found the hoses had succumbed to dry rot. They were leaking and I had to get them replaced a few years back. It wasn’t fun.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only if I win the lottery, Bill. Which is impossible, because I never play the lottery...not to mention it's 177 million to 1 or something, I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning while I'm out washing my car.

Oh, I forgot, you have that lottery garage! Maybe I can just move in with you, and be the son you never had, and I'll maintain your lift. Do you have a floor drain in the garage?

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh

No, the town wouldn’t allow it without a commercial permit or some nonsense like that. I just squeegee the water out with little issue
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Heh heh

No, the town wouldn’t allow it without a commercial permit or some nonsense like that. I just squeegee the water out with little issue
    Maybe they would have made you put one of those oil separators in, I think Accumulator has that. It is nonsense, they don't want you pouring oil down the drain, but if it's hooked up to the sanitary, then you could just pour that oil down the sink. If it's hooked up to the storm drain system, and they are worried about oil in that, they should be worried about all the oil, trans fluid, grease, and coolant that cars leak on the road that gets washed down the storm drains every time it rains.

That being said, in my lottery garage I would do whatever to get the floor drains. And in your garage, I'll vacuum it up with the auto-scrubber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don't want a lottery car...I want a lottery garage to keep my current cars in, one with a wash bay, a lift, HVAC, an airplane hangar floor, etc.
    So, I often design this in mind when trying to fall asleep at night. In this scenario, my thermotical lotto win or amassed wealth covers a garage/storage facility/detailing facility/outdoor power equipment shop to house my current cars and other interests................AND some choice favorites outlined previously in this thread.

I want a lift, room for as many cars I can justify, a loft with living amenities, a wash bay and specific "clean" area for detailing, and then a specific "dirty" area for machine maintenance and so I can start woodworking again.

Dreams are free, so I can have it all!

7. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My lottery car(to keep perfect and away from imbeciles on the road) would be a 2007 Ferrari F430 Scuderia. Red, silver stripes, and bronze anthracite wheels.

My lottery car to daily would be another one identical to that one that could get stone chips and door dings without me wanting to commit a felony.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Lottery Car, what's yours?

Daily’s 2023 GtR NiSmO and an R34 and a 2002 R34 GTR-V spec ll Nurburgring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The R34 has always spoken to me. Love the look of that car.

Over the last couple of years I've hit full empty-nester mode and I think I'd change up my lottery garage from what I listed earlier. There wouldn't be one car, because there is never a single vehicle that would effectively meet my needs. Right tool for the right job.

My Daily: The Audi RS6 Avant or RS7. This would be my bad weather daily, multi-passenger hauler car, and comfy road trip car.

Wife's Daily: Current Gen Acura MDX in top spec. Wife loves this car, and it slots in nicely for being a 7 passenger hauler without going with a massive land yacht like a Tahoe.

Fun Daily/all-arounder: Porsche 911 Turbo. I've wanted one since I was in grade school. Black with bronze wheels. I've probably end up driving it a lot more than the Audi, because...well, it's awesome and fun!

Tack Car: My current BRZ. Strip it, maybe cage it, put functional aero on it, mod the heck out of the suspension and engine. While not powerful, its an excellent autocross and track car.

Utility hauler: Some low cost mid-size crew cab truck like a Colorado, Ranger, Tacoma, or Frontier. Nothing fancy, just a good bed and 4x4 to haul garden supplies, furniture, lumber, kayak's, fishing gear, etc. This vehcile would likely sit for long periods of time unused, but good to have when needed. Some people put a sports car on a battery tender, I'd have a truck on a battery tender.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    There wouldn't be one car, because there is never a single vehicle that would effectively meet my needs. Right tool for the right job.
    Yeah, you gotta have a few (in the dream garage).

Post Thanks / Like

Aston Martin Valkaryie

15. Likes Big Dave, PouncingPanzer liked this post
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast