autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nissan 400Z

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nissan 400Z

That Vette is an interesting one since it's wearing British plates. The giant turbo sticker is pretty funny.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Agree. You get silliness like the Mercedes C300 has a 2.0L, the BMW 330 has a 2.0L, and the BMW M340 has a 3.0L.... At least Mercedes got smart with their AMG cars. The "43" is the lower output version, the "63" is the higher output version, and the "63 S" is the uber version of the car regardless of what is under the hood. I don't know about Mercedes, but the BMW models haven't matched the engine size for over 20 years. My '99 323i had a 2.5L under the hood, but so did the 330 at that time. The engine difference was power output and couple other minor tweaks.

Porsche has tried to keep things consistant, but it backfired on them a bit. Every ICE car they build is now turbocharged, but there is actually a trim level across their line which is the "Turbo" and the "Turbo S" while the lower levels are the base, S, and GTS. The one I find hilarious is the Taycan Turbo and Taycan Turbo S...it's an electric car.
    And don't forget what Cadillac is doing. Putting the torque number in newton meters. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put the torque number as a badge and makes even less to put it in newton meters here in the states.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    And don't forget what Cadillac is doing. Putting the torque number in newton meters. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to put the torque number as a badge and makes even less to put it in newton meters here in the states.

A M E N Nissan 400Z

Trying to be the smartest one in the room except your not because your customers don't get it...then they have to explain it to people...and they don't get it...and so on and so fourthNissan 400ZNissan 400ZNissan 400Z

Don't get me started on the whole Blackwing thing again eitherNissan 400ZNissan 400ZNissan 400Z

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot about that! Yep. To make it better they are ROUNDING UP on the numbers! Cadillac adding badge numbers based (loosely) on torque to new cars

Audi has taken the nonsense to a totally new level of head scratching only possible by something created by the Germans. Prepare To Be Confused By Audi's New Double-Digit Naming Scheme

8. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    A M E N Nissan 400Z Don't get me started on the whole Blackwing thing again eitherNissan 400ZNissan 400ZNissan 400Z

Ugh... Yeah. "Our new -V models will be a massive let down from the previous generations, but we'll make up for it by giving you the -V Blackwing models which are like the old -V's. And we won't actually use the Blackwing V8 engine we developed from scratch and then only used in one car...for one model year....and limited production..."

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh... Yeah. "Our new -V models will be a massive let down from the previous generations, but we'll make up for it by giving you the -V Blackwing models which are like the old -V's. And we won't actually use the Blackwing V8 engine we developed from scratch and then only used in one car...for one model year....and limited production..."
    Great minds think and post alike because I swear I said the same thing here or maybe a YouTube channel somewhere.

How do you pi$$ away all that R&D money for 1 car and for ONE YEAR! What...it couldn't have found its way into the fugly C8 to give IT something specialNissan 400Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    A M E N Nissan 400Z

Trying to be the smartest one in the room except your not because your customers don't get it...then they have to explain it to people...and they don't get it...and so on and so fourthNissan 400ZNissan 400ZNissan 400Z

Don't get me started on the whole Blackwing thing again eitherNissan 400ZNissan 400ZNissan 400Z

Yeah the Blackwing stuff doesn't make sense. Go and spend all kinds of R&D money on a great motor and very use it, all while calling other cars a blacking and not using the Blackwing motor lol.

Stupid. Not that the big 6.2 in the CT5 isn't a great motor and I'm sure the car is amazing but the naming is silly. The blackwing motor in that car would had a bit of exoticness to the car, but I digress. Great car, silly name.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Blackwing stuff doesn't make sense. Go and spend all kinds of R&D money on a great motor and very use it, all while calling other cars a blacking and not using the Blackwing motor lol.

Stupid. Not that the big 6.2 in the CT5 isn't a great motor and I'm sure the car is amazing but the naming is silly. The blackwing motor in that car would had a bit of exoticness to the car, but I digress. Great car, silly name.

AMEN AMEN AMENNissan 400Z

I wonder what Albert Biermann could have done with CadillacNissan 400Z

Post Thanks / Like

Well Cadillac isn't the only one watering down their performance brands. BMW and Mercedes starting with non M M model and non AMG AMG models.

However eat least the Non M Ms and the non AMG AMGs are much more performance oriented than the regular CT4 V and CT5 V.

Way too much confusion with naming.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Cadillac isn't the only one watering down their performance brands. BMW and Mercedes starting with non M M model and non AMG AMG models.

However eat least the Non M Ms and the non AMG AMGs are much more performance oriented than the regular CT4 V and CT5 V.

Way too much confusion with naming.

How did we get here from the new Z? Ha! Doesn't matter, I like the discussion.

I think the difference between what Merc and BMW have done and Cadillac is Merc/BMW have started slapping their AMG and M badging on lower models which retain a similar name, but the top dogs (M3/M4, C63 ect) exist in their current form; i.e. the top fire breathing models in the line. Caddy took all their -V branding and flushed it down the drain with the CT5 and CT4. Had they kept the "V Sport" branding like they had with the CTS it would have been fine and matched what BMW, Merc, and even Audi have done. You only water down the top branding a bit vs. wiping it out totally.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast