autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric cars...neutering gearheads and freedom, HOW DID WE GET HERE!

I'll say just two things on this subject:

1) Words/phrases mentioned above were "Balance, fairness, working together, caring" etc.

All of this sounds great to me. But sadly, these words/ideas mean absolutely nothing. The most powerful groups of people on this planet have zero interest in anything but making insane profits. And caring for the environment, balance, and working together are in direct conflict with their agendas.

2) When we destroy something, it will not be the planet. It will be ourselves.

This planet has survived many more catastrophic things than even man could imagine. Look at the surrounding areas of the Chernobyl disaster like the town of Pripyat. When the accident happened in 1986, every "accredited" scientific body told us that any life would be impossible in that area for hundreds of years.

Yet, only 35 years later there is not only life, but wildlife is thriving.

The bottom line is this: When humans finally destroy themselves, the Earth (and whatever scars we left on her) will shake us off like a bad case of fleas. And if it could, it would belly laugh at a species that just happened to be arrogant enough to think it had some kind of power over it.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act, opie, FUNX650, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

1) Words/phrases mentioned above were "Balance, fairness, working together, caring" etc.

All of this sounds great to me. But sadly, these words/ideas mean absolutely nothing. The most powerful groups of people on this planet have zero interest in anything but making insane profits. And caring for the environment, balance, and working together is in direct conflict with their agendas.

This planet has survived many more catastrophic things than even man could imagine. Look at the surrounding areas of the Chernobyl disaster like the town of Pripyat. When the accident happened in 1986, every "accredited" scientific body told us that any life would be impossible in that area for hundreds of years.

The bottom line is this: When humans finally destroy themselves, the Earth (and whatever scars we left on her) will shake us off like a bad case of fleas. And if it could, it would belly laugh at a species that just happened to be arrogant enough to think it had some kind of power over it.

No argument from me here PaulElectric cars...neutering gearheads and freedom, HOW DID WE GET HERE!Electric cars...neutering gearheads and freedom, HOW DID WE GET HERE!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A real “conversation” has happened!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

All of this sounds great to me. But sadly, these words/ideas mean absolutely nothing. The most powerful groups of people on this planet have zero interest in anything but making insane profits. And caring for the environment, balance, and working together are in direct conflict with their agendas.

Ive watched a couple great documentarys on that. Documentarys on superfund sites are really interesting as well. Speaking of nuclear energy. You really think anyome will ever figured out how to properly dispose of spent fuel rods once they are pulled from a reactor? Far as i know they just get put into large pools of water in storage tanks.

Makes me wander if they honestly know how to dispose of or recycle the ev batteries. Clean energy my a$$. Wind and solar will save us all...yeah right, more like big waste of tax payer dollars just like solyndra was.

Dont forget gotta stop eating meat, cow farts are hurting our environment.

And come on ppl we are not the jetsons!

Post Thanks / Like

The governments that detonated nukes are concerned about the little pollution my car makes. Ya right, it's just an excuse for a power grab.

8. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It seems that every YouTuber has just laid down and accepted this concept of no more ICE cars in the somewhat near future. I mean the U.K. has banned the sale of ICE cars by 2030 or so.

You might think "what can we do", aren't WE the consumer here? Manufactures have made cars safer and CLEANER for quite some time now, I mean Porsche is developing their own fuel even that's SUPER clean.

I don't want this to turn into a political debate but it's pretty well known who's behind this and who's corner they're in, so no need to sling the mud but HOW DID WE GET HERE and why did the pendulum swing so far to the left and now it's stuckElectric cars...neutering gearheads and freedom, HOW DID WE GET HERE!

As a 40+ year veteran of the industry, where to start ...

First off, I am afraid you have succumbed to one of the bazillion+ conspiracy theories out there ... there's literally one for any topic you choose.

The auto industry is probably the most consumer-focused and consumer-responsive of any large manufacturing industry out there. They are giving people what they (mainly) are asking for. For example, do you think Mary Barra listens to what AOC says ? Ha ha. I know Mary personally & professionally (starting with being classmates for 5 years at GMI/Kettering), she isn't responding to any of those idiots; rather, her customers. And her customers are far from being just Leftists. [Note: She is also bound to listen to/respond to her company's investors, which also has ZERO to do with politics.]

Additionally, I worked in Advanced Planning for some time. 10 years ago, the future plan was to go to fuel cells from ICE's, using electric as merely a transition at best. And to be skipped if possible, though there was considerable concern over the timing req'd. for infrastructure buildout to support fuel cells, spec. hydrogen.

All that has changed now due to public sentiment. A majority of people want something done now, and electric is far and away the quickest move. Note that I didn't say best. I have always believed the hydrogen fuel cell route was the right path. It's only just the most abundant element in the universe. And clean to boot.

You can chalk up another conspiracy theory shot all to heck ...

10. Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered a new vehicle. I’m happy to pay the gas “guzzler” tax. Again
    Jim

12. Thanks DUBL0WS6 thanked for this post
    Likes Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    As a 40+ year veteran of the industry, where to start ...

First off, I am afraid you have succumbed to one of the bazillion+ conspiracy theories out there ... there's literally one for any topic you choose.

The auto industry is probably the most consumer-focused and consumer-responsive of any large manufacturing industry out there. They are giving people what they (mainly) are asking for. For example, do you think Mary Barra listens to what AOC says ? Ha ha. I know Mary personally & professionally (starting with being classmates for 5 years at GMI/Kettering), she isn't responding to any of those idiots; rather, her customers. And her customers are far from being just Leftists. [Note: She is also bound to listen to/respond to her company's investors, which also has ZERO to do with politics.]

Additionally, I worked in Advanced Planning for some time. 10 years ago, the future plan was to go to fuel cells from ICE's, using electric as merely a transition at best. And to be skipped if possible, though there was considerable concern over the timing req'd. for infrastructure buildout to support fuel cells, spec. hydrogen.

All that has changed now due to public sentiment. A majority of people want something done now, and electric is far and away the quickest move. Note that I didn't say best. I have always believed the hydrogen fuel cell route was the right path. It's only just the most abundant element in the universe. And clean to boot.

You can chalk up another conspiracy theory shot all to heck ...

Hydrogen is the cleanest solution since the byproduct from it is H2O. The only potential issue would be the water vapors. Too much of it in the atmosphere would also cause the greenhouse effect. It never ends... back to global warming again. LOL

From my understanding .... Detroit had a few working experimental hydrogen vehicles over 15 years ago. The investment in making the fuel cheaper was never made so the technology got stalled out. If the government made such investment back then....we wont be talking about EV right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well when you take something away that people want and replace it with something everybody DOESNT want I'd say your losing some freedomElectric cars...neutering gearheads and freedom, HOW DID WE GET HERE!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Everybody? Broad term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I consider myself a gear head and have burned a gallon or 2 in my life. Over 1000 whp and happy if i could get 17 miles per gallon.

Not respecting an Electrics performance is just as ignorant as a v8 american muscle driver not appreciating the performance you can get from a Lotus or a modified Suburu. It’s just a different experience in performance.

To nix it because it doesn’t use gas....... silly. A driver drives.... period.

And i do believe there is climate change happening. We may not kill off the earth itself and we may. We are definitely changing it and do need to take care of it as we do our own bodies.

Ice caps are melting species will die. We will adapt or migrate to adjust.

I would gladly give up my gas guzzlers to help keep the earth in better shape but just don’t know if current electric’s are the solution.

I would enjoy driving a Tesla plaid up pikes peak as much as a Huracan. Just can’t get myself to look at tesla cuz I’m not a fan of Musk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes derek0609, Kamakaz1961 liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast