autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Your not alone. A couple of years ago Pan did a video with the Rag Company about Beadmaker. Pan was so over the top impressed with the performance that I bought in and purchased a gallon from Amazon. Well it didn't work out so well for me. I found Beadmaker as a drying aid streaked, attracted copious amounts of dust and had no longevity. I tossed the gallon after using about a quart of it. I now look for multiple reviews and wait for the initial hoopla to die down before I try new products.
    Exactly. I always run it by at least 3-4 guys here on AGO to get their takes on any new product(s) before I consider buying them.

Beadmaker was a little different in that it was so cheap, I just grabbed some. I knew it was pretty much all hype after a few uses, but I didn't hate it. I will still use it for a quick WW wipedown on occasion over my LSP. But it also gets used on my lawn equipment. Something that would NEVER happen with any of my favorite products.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Exactly. I always run it by at least 3-4 guys here on AGO to get their takes on any new product(s) before I consider buying them.

Beadmaker was a little different in that it was so cheap, I just grabbed some. I knew it was pretty much all hype after a few uses, but I didn't hate it. I will still use it for a quick WW wipedown on occasion over my LSP. But it also gets used on my lawn equipment. Something that would NEVER happen with any of my favorite products.
    My main issue with Beadmaker was the dust attraction. After I wash and use a drying aid my car sits out in the open in my condo parking lot. Beadmaker takes a few hours to cure so all the while it would catch and hold every dust particle that touched the paint from cars going back and forth in the community. Had I not jumped on the Beadmaker bandwagon so fast I would have seen the numerous reviews about dust attraction that I encountered. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

Post Thanks / Like

My main issue with Beadmaker was the dust attraction. After I wash and use a drying aid my car sits out in the open in my condo parking lot. Beadmaker takes a few hours to cure so all the while it would catch and hold every dust particle that touched the paint from cars going back and forth in the community. Had I not jumped on the Beadmaker bandwagon so fast I would have seen the numerous reviews about dust attraction that I encountered. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
    What LSP were/are you using, Dennis?

Post Thanks / Like

What LSP were/are you using, Dennis?
    It's been awhile but I think I was using either Duragloss 105 mixed with 601 or 111. Are you thinking there was a compatibility issue? Duragloss is a simple polymer and not something exotic so I'd think there wouldn't be any complications.

I do remember that when I switched to Aquawax as a drying aid the dust attraction issue went away.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been awhile but I think I was using either Duragloss 105 mixed with 601 or 111. Are you thinking there was a compatibility issue? Duragloss is a simple polymer and not something exotic so I'd think there wouldn't be any complications.

I do remember that when I switched to Aquawax as a drying aid the dust attraction issue went away.
    Yeah. That was exactly what I was thinking.

I have never used the DG 105/601/111, but with the Collinite I use I never noticed any extra dust attraction. But with all of the comments about it, I am sure it is a real issue.

Could it be that the Collinite shook off the BM like a bad case of fleas? Lol

Either way, like I posted above...... BM isn't all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. That was exactly what I was thinking.

I have never used the DG 105/601/111, but with the Collinite I use I never noticed any extra dust attraction. But with all of the comments about it, I am sure it is a real issue.

Could it be that the Collinite shook off the BM like a bad case of fleas? Lol

Either way, like I posted above...... BM isn't all that.
    Haha and maintaining a car in South Florida isn't all that either. Humidity wreaks havoc with a lot of products. For example, the humidity this morning was 89% according to Alexa. Right now she says it's 79%. Snowbirds have begun a mass exodus already.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, you literally threw it out? I mean it's your product to do what you will with but my God man you could've given it away here, even traded something for THAT much leftover.

I can't say I've noticed the dust attraction as much but I do like the Gloss and slickness it provides. As far as streaking goes...NEVER had that issue but that's me, your experience was different and recently Pan has said as much about products due to conditions and other variables.

It's funny how the thread has trickled down to Beadmaker, product gets so much attention one way or the other!

I know this, Gyeon Wax was on his best Gloss video and no matter what anyone thinks about Pan the product is out of stock everywhere! Gyeon isn't a hype brand one bit, they make no crazy durability claims and no cheesy ads, just products that work and once it becomes available I'll be getting it to try it outThe Pan video...you know the one, discuss!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I threw it out. But I do give a lot away. Half of my neighbors (the one's that don't treat their cars like an appliance) are using Platinum Pluffle towels, Double Twistress towels, HS Wet Wax, Megs Hyper Wash, Aquawax and a bunch of other products that I've moved on from. I don't have a garage so no space for products that I'll never use.

My apologies for derailing this thread to all those looking for more dirt on Pan. I don't really have any.

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you like Hyper Wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Why don't you like Hyper Wash?
    It doesn't clean that well. Especially hard water spots. Reset cleans water spots better. Once I tried Reset everything else was a distant second. I do use Adam's blue soap on my wheels because Reset is a little on the expensive side and it's hard to get (at a decent price) for the last year. I'm trying to make my stash (seven 500ml bottles) of Reset last.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast