autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will your next ride be?

Quote Originally Posted by ct18 View Post
    I have a buddy who works at a Ford dealer and he says it will be some time next fall if I don't order one. I don't really want to order one I am just going to sit back and see how many people bail on a order and get one elsewhere. That is how my one buddy ended up with his Raptor.
    Are you talking about a Bronco, Silverado or Raptor? If you reply with a quote that would help.

Post Thanks / Like

Always bought Buicks or Cadillacs but since GM is no longer making the large cars in the States(only China) my next purchase would most likely be a Genesis G90 in black
    Last edited by grisby; 09-18-2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add color
    1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

3. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grisby View Post
    Always bought Buicks or Cadillacs but since GM is no longer making the large cars in the States(only China) my next purchase would most likely be a Genesis G90 in black
    If you like to drive, check out the Jaguar XE or XF. These cars are often overlooked, a shame because they drive so nice, the steering in particular is a highlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    If you like to drive, check out the Jaguar XE or XF. These cars are often overlooked, a shame because they drive so nice, the steering in particular is a highlight.
    Yep, love to drive. Bought a new 09 XF and had it for 2 yrs. Bought it as a second car to knock around in but always ended up driving the Lucerne with northstar I had at the time. Xf was quick but I found the ride a little too firm for me. Looked at the XJ when I found out GM no longer making large cars but they are no longer making gas models in XJ as per my local dealer.
    1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you area fan of Buick's and Caddy's, I think the Genesis is your next logical option.

My mother-in-law drove a series Lincoln town cars for 20 years. When they quit making them and went with the MKS which she and my father-in-law hated because they felt the ride was too firm. She picked up Genesis Equus a few years later and has never left the brand or model since. They really like it.

It is a gigantic car, but its very well made and very luxurious, if that is what you like.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Looking to order a 2021 2DR Wrangler Willy's in Snazzberry!!! Hopefully ythe order will be placed in the next month or 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    If you area fan of Buick's and Caddy's, I think the Genesis is your next logical option.

My mother-in-law drove a series Lincoln town cars for 20 years. When they quit making them and went with the MKS which she and my father-in-law hated because they felt the ride was too firm. She picked up Genesis Equus a few years later and has never left the brand or model since. They really like it.

It is a gigantic car, but its very well made and very luxurious, if that is what you like.
    ^^ had my first ride in one a few weeks back. Buddy bought a lower mile 2013 loaded for under $18k and it's on-par ride wise with an S-Class. I don't say that lightly either. Interior was fantastic for what it is.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Thanks grisby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Genesis 70 (maybe G80 if the market does well the next 6 months or so), in Mallorca blue.

I have owned Hyundai products for the last 16 years until I was given a Lexus ES350. Love the Lexus, but I don't think the value is equal to the price. I've always been ecstatic with the three Hyundais I've owned, and particularly feel good about the value / price ratio. But I've gotten to the point where I want more than a Sonata.

Mike Phillips

13. Likes Guyb, Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ^^ had my first ride in one a few weeks back. Buddy bought a lower mile 2013 loaded for under $18k and it's on-par ride wise with an S-Class. I don't say that lightly either. Interior was fantastic for what it is.
    Interior is very well made. My ONLY real complaint outside the size is the ride. It's too soft and floaty for me, but many people like it. Having now ridden in three generations of the car it is interesting to see the improvements. The interior has been incremental, but the suspension is light years from the Equus when it first came to the US. That thing would hit the bump stops going over gently rolling road surfaces all the time. No body control at all. It's way better now.

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    Genesis 70 (maybe G80 if the market does well the next 6 months or so), in Mallorca blue.

I have owned Hyundai products for the last 16 years until I was given a Lexus ES350. Love the Lexus, but I don't think the value is equal to the price. I've always been ecstatic with the three Hyundais I've owned, and particularly feel good about the value / price ratio. But I've gotten to the point where I want more than a Sonata.
    My only hang up with the G70 is the lack of rear seat space. It's very tight. I'd go G80 if I needed to carry passengers.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast