autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Detailfest Experience

Total miles driven 1197

Total gas money $241.40

Total room charge $289.71

About 18 hours in total driving

Attending detailfest III

Hangin' with Meghan, Max, Jason, Dwayne, Scott, and the rest of the Autogeek staff. Helping Bobby get the hose's set up in the morning for car wash'es

Having dinner with Steve from Poorboy's, Troy and his wife from DetailCity, Sam from 4*, Dwayne, Jason, Max from Autogeek.

Hangin' with and meeting some ag geeks AL417, jfsully, jimmie, Toto, bigfloppy

Talking with Tom from system one, Aaron from EDGE, Sam & Rick from 4*, Grit Guard, P21s.

Rubbin' on Meghan's and Max's rides.

PRICELESS

Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Detailfest Experience

Ed: great to meet you and listen to how "real" mobile folks work LOL. I however, spend too much time talking, so it's back to the shop this morning for BMW work.

Fun time and the Hertz people didn't even blink when I returned their car 100 times prettier than when I picked it up...I guess their idea of an acceptable return is 4 tires on 4 wheels and a full gas tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail View Post
    Total miles driven 1197

Total gas money $241.40

Total room charge $289.71

About 18 hours in total driving

Attending detailfest III

Hangin' with Meghan, Max, Jason, Dwayne, Scott, and the rest of the Autogeek staff. Helping Bobby get the hose's set up in the morning for car wash'es

Having dinner with Steve from Poorboy's, Troy and his wife from DetailCity, Sam from 4*, Dwayne, Jason, Max from Autogeek.

Hangin' with and meeting some ag geeks AL417, jfsully, jimmie, Toto, bigfloppy

Talking with Tom from system one, Aaron from EDGE, Sam & Rick from 4*, Grit Guard, P21s.

Rubbin' on Meghan's and Max's rides.

PRICELESS

Ed you were the best! Thank you soo much for everything, words cannot say how pleased I am with my car! I will get some photos up today. Hope the drive back wasn't too bad and I expect to see you again next year if not sooner!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed your trip Ed...you were certainly a big help to all of us. It was great meeting you and we hope to see you again soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed,

DF 3 wouldn't have been the same without you. Glad you made it and hope you are back for DF 4.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice meeting and hanging with you too Ed. Really enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet you too Ed .. now I have a face to match the voice on the phone
    Life is short, do it while you can

Post Thanks / Like

It truly was an experience on all ends ... Ed really worked his tail off on some rides to make them show class ready even if he only got the pink crumbles !!

Post Thanks / Like

And also need to add this. Last wednesday between clients my OD (overdrive) light started flashing on the car. I'm like oh crap. I finish next client go to dealer. They look into it and said it needed a new solenoid, the tranny has 7 of them. 5 all being the same type and the other 2 different. The computer states it has one in stock. Guess what wrong one. They locate one at a near by ford dealer. They send a driver to pick it up. Dealer say's car will be ready on thursday. I'm like NO WAY, I am leaving in the morning for FL at 6am. So I need it tonight.
    They get it done, by 7pm that night. I pick it up so far so good. Get home and pack up. Wake up at 3:50am finish packing and out the door at 5 till 6. Drive around the corner, and have to go back forgot phone. Then within 5 min. of the trip to DTFIII my OD light starts to flash. Again I am like crap, what now. I get down to AG,and it still flashes while down in FL. And on sunday's trip back home no flashing OD. What gives, and I am still taking it in on monday. Well get the call today, need a new torque converter and other transmission parts. Won't get it back till thursday, thats the earilest they said.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail View Post
    And also need to add this. Last wednesday between clients my OD (overdrive) light started flashing on the car. I'm like oh crap. I finish next client go to dealer. They look into it and said it needed a new solenoid, the tranny has 7 of them. 5 all being the same type and the other 2 different. The computer states it has one in stock. Guess what wrong one. They locate one at a near by ford dealer. They send a driver to pick it up. Dealer say's car will be ready on thursday. I'm like NO WAY, I am leaving in the morning for FL at 6am. So I need it tonight.
    They get it done, by 7pm that night. I pick it up so far so good. Get home and pack up. Wake up at 3:50am finish packing and out the door at 5 till 6. Drive around the corner, and have to go back forgot phone. Then within 5 min. of the trip to DTFIII my OD light starts to flash. Again I am like crap, what now. I get down to AG,and it still flashes while down in FL. And on sunday's trip back home no flashing OD. What gives, and I am still taking it in on monday. Well get the call today, need a new torque converter and other transmission parts. Won't get it back till thursday, thats the earilest they said.
    Sorry Ed, it seems like things aways to wrong at the wrong time. I hope they get your car fixed right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast