autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Detail Fest !

I apologize first for not getting on here sooner, but yesterday we had no down time at all at the show. And well today I did not officially move until after lunch time, my body needed to recharge!

I would love to thank many people and if I leave anyone out please do not kill me, because a show like this is about more than a few people!

One and most importantly, I would love to say thank you to my boss Bob "Max" McKee. Without him we could have never pulled this off. He never said "I can't" or "I won't" when it came to this show. And he was there working hard alongside all of us... so he knows how much I appreciate him but I am letting you all know! Max ROCKS!!!

Then we have all of our employees, who totally impressed me with all the hours they donated and the time they took away from their personal lives to lend a hand! Thank you Jason for doing what you do so well.... you had the laptops all rocking for the attendees, and assisting with Dwayne on all product questions. In our booth with had Jim and Doreen taking care of the announcements and the giveaways! They enjoyed the raffles so much instead of one every thirty mins they were giving something about every five mins!
    Melinda, Monique, Christen did a great job with the registration table, while we had Krista running the camcorder on the demos.
    Penny and Bobby kept the phones running for our business as usual!
    Yancy and Ashley manned the photos, forum and live web cast!
    Alfonso, Todd, Carlos, Chris, Lucas, Rob, Derek, and ran errands and did whatever we asked of them!
    Matt helped me out and covered photos throughout the show.
    Scott and Ernie helped out with the parking and answered questions. And then we had all of our warehouse employees at our warehouse packing orders for those at the show.

And then we had all of our vendors who just did a great job! Demos were rolling all day long, it was great to watch everyone work and talk with them.
    Thank you to Poorboys, InShield, Meguiars, Optimum, Edge, Eurosport Daytona, System One, RaggTopp, P21s, Lake Country, Grit Guard, Mobile Tech News, Four Star, Mothers, Eco Touch, Covercraft, and if I missed someone I am sorry, but there was soo many there!!!
    Thank you also to Metro Racing Team and Austin Weiss custom bikes! (they even let a couple of us squeeze into the race car) Everyone loved when Austin came in and cranked up that sweet bike!
    Thank you Sandy Hook for the great sandwiches, they have an awesome deli by us.
    Hooters came with some chicken wings and three Hooter Girls, the guys loved it and the wings were wonderful.
    A big thank you to several members, Jimmie, Ed, Alice, TotoLand, were all here early and helped set up, clean, etc! TotoLand detailed his rental Shelby and was awesome to watch him work! Ed "rubbed" as he likes to call it on my 300 for many hours and made her glow, plus he jammed in the boss's collection of cars too! Ed you are the MAN! Jimmie and Alice were there for anything we asked, forum members showing up early always get put to work!
    I know I am forgetting a lot of people but I am trying and as I remember I will update this thread!
    But I must say this was the best, I was running around a lot, but tried to take the time to meet with everyone. We have great forum members, many of you came up to me during the show and it was a pleasure to meet you all.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and we will see you all again next year and probably a look more of you!

Hope you enjoyed it if you were there, and if you weren’t I hope you enjoyed the live feed on the web!
    Last edited by Meghan; 03-31-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another Detail Fest !

Thankyou, you are welcome. I enjoyed rubbin' on your ride, and making her glow and pop with flake.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Meghan. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and being able to help. You work with awesome people, and we have awesome members. I had a blast and look forward to more.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be back next yr for sure!!!!!!!!!
    AMG Classic Automotive Detailing 45 year's and still going at it!

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I would be pissed for not making the trip. Glad it everything went well for you guys. Whose name got the XXXX in your post?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadybreal View Post
    Whose name got the XXXX in your post?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Ahhhh...........I remember it was Totoland, aka "Toto" that was renting the Shelby. So TOTO gets the XXXX's? Odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Surfer will make a guest appearance next year?

The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dengood1 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.

Ahhhh...........I remember it was Totoland, aka "Toto" that was renting the Shelby. So TOTO gets the XXXX's? Odd.

Poor TOTO has been XXXXed

Post Thanks / Like

LOL
    XXXX would be the censored nickname for Richard.
    Meghan will probably edit her post so Richard aka Toto is included.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Meghan for the XXXX....that's better than XXX or even X...LOL.

Seriously, what a fantastic event! GREAT people, GREAT time! AG is one fun company to do business with.

I'm pretty sunburned from polishing that Shelby in the sun, but that will go away in a few days....and polishing with System One on a black car in direct sunlight works fine (that has to be one of the very few products you can do that with)

I'll try to get some pics posted today although I didn't take too many...too busy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast