autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Call to Ban YouTubers

Most of Pan’s video’s posted here are usually promoting ( if promoting) products sold on autogeek. Just another known entity vouching for products the sell. I think it helps both out. Stauffer.... well i dont know much about him but what i have read makes his family seem....not nice....Again read so don’t know how much is factual.

His videos do nothing to promote anything to do with autogeek. He doesn’t even really give good how to’s.

But if your going to make youtube videos of infuencers you dont like banned autogeek would probably ban all as they could not puck and choose who is helpful.

But if we go down this road what about detailers who own their own companies. Alot drop by to post pics of their details to promote their detailing companies but don’t see barely in any threads. I’ve seen them solicit views, likes and comments on their social media’s. I get it it’s a trade to them and they may feel why help them out their hurting my trade( most of us will never go to a pro). Do they go too?

For me the look at what i did and then gone detailers frustrate me but i just don’t click on their threads and try to make sure to give kudos to the ones who actually do help us out.

Whats funny is this thread got 50 plus comments of people complaining that someone just trying to make a living by dropping videos that us regulars probably dont click on anyways..... but the ones when people ask questions and need help literally will hav like 3-5 responses.

I mean just to be honest a couple i asked last year pretty much only got answered by a few people who i regularly see trying to help other people as well. Most of them haven’t commented on this thread.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call to Ban YouTubers

I’m waiting for an employee of Autogeek to chime in on this topic. It’s going to be up to them if any rules get changed.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Cancel culture is a cancer i would have hoped to never see on this forum.

If they post a video on the forum, maybe go to the comments section of the video

and let all of the viewers know how great off a company autogeek is for letting them post.

Maybe drive some business to autogeek.

4. Likes DetailZeus, Coatingsarecrack, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The point of this was to, in my opinion, point out the 2 worst offenders of dropping videos for clicks, and offer nothing else to the forum. Pros that leave pics of cars they have done, at least for the most Part, give a pretty detailed list of products used, most of which can be purchased at AutoGeek.

Post Thanks / Like

Call to Ban YouTubers

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    @FUNX650 I publicly apologize to you and ElDorado2K if my post offended you gentlemen.
    I will be a man and humble myself and apologize publicly.
    There’s absolutely no need apologize... I wasn’t offended in the least bit, nor do I consider anything in this thread to be argumentative.

If anything, it brought back memories of years ago when I once asked the question about whether I was going to get lesser results from using OTC products during my very 1st time polishing my car and long story short the pros told me the answer was no.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strong66 View Post
    Cancel culture is a cancer i would have hoped to never see on this forum.

If they post a video on the forum, maybe go to the comments section of the video

and let all of the viewers know how great off a company autogeek is for letting them post.

Maybe drive some business to autogeek.
    Been casually watching this thread develop and I’m split on the topic. While I agree with the OP and many others asking for the banning of YT’ers, I also despise cancel culture and the outrage that comes with it. Granted we don’t have to click the videos, we don’t have to open the thread because we can see the same 2 offenders names listed as the thread creators, but I can understand wanting to have these 2 people removed based on the fact they don’t interact with the community.

The one major example I can think of is with Pan and the launch of Hybrid Solutions from Turtle Wax. He posted a thread about the HS line and this is quoted from his first post..

“Hi guys!

Turtle Wax recently unveiled their new 2020 lineup of products called HYBRID SOLUTIONS. I was invited at the event which reunited some of the most popular car detailing Youtubers all under the same roof! I take you along with me for the ride.

Enjoy the video!”

This came before Autogeek confirmed they’d be carrying the line or posted anything about it themselves. The first few posts were, if AG sells this, were you sponsered/“hooked up”/shilling products. He responded only once in the thread saying,

“Not yet as they're not officially released, but I'm sure you will, as there were people from the AutoGeek management team over at the Turtle Wax event.”

Link to that thread Video: NEW TURTLE WAX products for 2020 : Hybrid Solutions !!

I think this is the problem with YT’ers on the forum who DO NOT INTERACT!! Do we really care what Pan has to say? It’s always this is the best product and you need it now, here’s why, reads product label... He’s not a community member in the sense of how I view many of us and why not wait 8-10 more days when AG officially launched the Hyrbid Solutions line.

We truly are a community and there are many on here to respond to posts multiple times a day, respond to questions raised not only in their own threads, but any thread which has a question they may be able to answer. If the Guz, AcuRAS82 or Pats300zx or many other long time, community members leave a review, have a link for a YouTube video to accompany the review it’s truly to help the whole of the community.

Sometimes leaving a few pictures and typing out a long post(like I am) to actually explain what’s going on in the review takes 10-15 minutes. Heck I’ve spent around 30 minutes before linking pictures, adding text to explain the pictures and then having follow up DISCUSSION. These guys spend hours editing videos(I know because I’ve made a few myself so totally understand), post it on here and are gone until they get another one ready to post. Meanwhile they never responded to the previous post that may have a few questions regarding products tips and procedures. Who do you see respond to them though? You guessed it, many of us long time
    forum community members.

It unfortunately leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many of us here as can be seen in this thread and a recent one posted by Stauffer(idk his name on here). It makes us take up arms and put up defenses because they really are not “part of the community” like the rest of us. That’s how I see it at least and we come on here to talk detailing, relax a bit, make some online friends as you get to TALK/CHAT/DISCUSS with them more and more. I don’t want to have to dodge another video by, Orangevee(spam the organizer) or Stauffer(I’ll leave my view of him out of this), because to me it is only SPAM.

As to your last couple sentences, I think that’s great! Leaving a comment and link to Autogeek is a genius idea!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

9. Thanks Ed Abbondanzio thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, The Guz, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not for the moderators banning people... I think our collective opinions do a well enough job against these types of annoyances.

Post Thanks / Like

I think an addendum to the rules is needed here. When the rules were first written YT spam wasn’t an issue even thought about. Times have changed and advanced and so should the rules. Any Autogeek staff care to comment?
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

12. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Most of Pan’s video’s posted here are usually promoting ( if promoting) products sold on autogeek. Just another known entity vouching for products the sell. I think it helps both out. Stauffer.... well i dont know much about him but what i have read makes his family seem....not nice....Again read so don’t know how much is factual.

His videos do nothing to promote anything to do with autogeek. He doesn’t even really give good how to’s.

But if your going to make youtube videos of infuencers you dont like banned autogeek would probably ban all as they could not puck and choose who is helpful.

But if we go down this road what about detailers who own their own companies. Alot drop by to post pics of their details to promote their detailing companies but don’t see barely in any threads. I’ve seen them solicit views, likes and comments on their social media’s. I get it it’s a trade to them and they may feel why help them out their hurting my trade( most of us will never go to a pro). Do they go too?

For me the look at what i did and then gone detailers frustrate me but i just don’t click on their threads and try to make sure to give kudos to the ones who actually do help us out.

Whats funny is this thread got 50 plus comments of people complaining that someone just trying to make a living by dropping videos that us regulars probably dont click on anyways..... but the ones when people ask questions and need help literally will hav like 3-5 responses.

I mean just to be honest a couple i asked last year pretty much only got answered by a few people who i regularly see trying to help other people as well. Most of them haven’t commented on this thread.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good points.

Post Thanks / Like

The videos don't bother me. This is such a niche community I don't think it needs to be any more exclusive.

However my real respect goes out to the members who give their time testing and following up. Just look at all the info in the sealant comparison thread. That's how you find products that will stand the test of time imo.

I'd rather we ignore youtubers who don't engage and leave the door open for them to do the same.

15. Likes DMiglio, Bobh59 liked this post
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast