autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Other hobbies or past times outside of detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Wow, really cool.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Thanks...I have about 15 more...lol

Post Thanks / Like

I try to spend my weekends at the USS COD Submarine Veterans Memorial in Cleveland's North Coast Harbor as a volunteer tour guide. Been with the boat for going on five years now. I was recently fortunate enough to be involved with the historic drydocking of the boat in Erie, PA at Donjon's Shipbuilding & Repair. Her first such experience since 1963. What an experience.... History nerd peak performance one may say. I am obsessed with the study and research of our submarine campaign in The Pacific during WW2 and the teaching of said history. People thank me for my tours but I end up thanking them for listening. I do it for selfish reasons....I just want to talk about our beautifully restored and maintained(best in the world, change my mind) fleet boat that turned 78 years old this year. I love the boat so much, and so does my wife, that we actually got married on the boat this September. It was perfect.

If you are in Cleveland ever, or just the Lake Erie coast for that matter, please stop by! I absolutely know more about old submarines and The Pacific War than I do about detailing, not gonna lie. Unfortunately the boat doesn't have a nice clearcoat to maintain and polish...that wouldn't be very stealthy. Measure 32 light grey it is. I kill 1-2 books a month, love to read and can't suck up enough knowledge on the subject.

Talk to me nerdy.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

3. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Bosko, PaulMys, SNP209 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I try to spend my weekends at the USS COD Submarine Veterans Memorial in Cleveland's North Coast Harbor as a volunteer tour guide. Been with the boat for going on five years now. I was recently fortunate enough to be involved with the historic drydocking of the boat in Erie, PA at Donjon's Shipbuilding & Repair. Her first such experience since 1963. What an experience.... History nerd peak performance one may say. I am obsessed with the study and research of our submarine campaign in The Pacific during WW2 and the teaching of said history. People thank me for my tours but I end up thanking them for listening. I do it for selfish reasons....I just want to talk about our beautifully restored and maintained(best in the world, change my mind) fleet boat that turned 78 years old this year. I love the boat so much, and so does my wife, that we actually got married on the boat this September. It was perfect.

If you are in Cleveland ever, or just the Lake Erie coast for that matter, please stop by! I absolutely know more about old submarines and The Pacific War than I do about detailing, not gonna lie. Unfortunately the boat doesn't have a nice clearcoat to maintain and polish...that wouldn't be very stealthy. Measure 32 light grey it is. I kill 1-2 books a month, love to read and can't suck up enough knowledge on the subject.

Talk to me nerdy.
    Also very cool, I read a lot on military history, as I look down at my shelf now I see a book called Wahoo, I suspect you may know this one. I read it over 25 years ago, but I still keep it on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Also very cool, I read a lot on military history, as I look down at my shelf now I see a book called Wahoo, I suspect you may know this one. I read it over 25 years ago, but I still keep it on the shelf.

I have every single book there was ever written on SS-238, very familiar indeed. My favorite is by the ships last Yeoman, Forest Stirling, who was transferred off at Midway on her fatal 7th patrol with orders that arrived literally an hour before her departure. He missed his meeting with Davy Jones by one hour... Which plays right into the title of my favorite submarine book ever, 'The Luck Of The Draw' by Ruiz. You want to talk about a wild ride, that book is it.

I must digress. I can literally talk on the subject 24/7 365. Lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys have some cool stuff going on outside of cleaning cars.

I dabble a little in a lot of things, and tend to go in and out of them. Right now it's Watches, watching sports, video games (cold war currently), cooking dinner for my wife, trying new restaurants, and learning how to make alcoholic drinks (current favorites are whiskey sours, old fashioned, azaleas).

I just turned 29 like a month ago, maybe that has something to do with the difference in hobbies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightDrive43 View Post
    You guys have some cool stuff going on outside of cleaning cars.

I dabble a little in a lot of things, and tend to go in and out of them. Right now it's Watches, watching sports, video games (cold war currently), cooking dinner for my wife, trying new restaurants, and learning how to make alcoholic drinks (current favorites are whiskey sours, old fashioned, azaleas).

I just turned 29 like a month ago, maybe that has something to do with the difference in hobbies.
    Good hobbies. I turn 30 in 11 days, I am most certainly and "old soul" as they say. When most kids were watching Spongebob I was watching Hogan's Heroes. Been a gamer since the day Halo CE dropped with the original Shrekbox. Currently playing TheHunter:Call Of The Wild more than anything. I too enjoy cooking quite a lot, especially since meeting my old lady three years ago. When you like to cook together every night is date night French 75 for me sir! I am also quite vested in firearms, though no new ones in about a year. Change of financial priorities.

9. Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Good hobbies. I turn 30 in 11 days, I am most certainly and "old soul" as they say. When most kids were watching Spongebob I was watching Hogan's Heroes. Been a gamer since the day Halo CE dropped with the original Shrekbox. Currently playing TheHunter:Call Of The Wild more than anything. I too enjoy cooking quite a lot, especially since meeting my old lady three years ago. When you like to cook together every night is date night French 75 for me sir! I am also quite vested in firearms, though no new ones in about a year. Change of financial priorities.
    I’ve yet to make/try a French 75 but I’ve been meaning to. The wife doesn’t help me cook, but that’s ok. I’d much rather eat my food vs her cooking…lol

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

11. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightDrive43 View Post
    I’ve yet to make/try a French 75 but I’ve been meaning to. The wife doesn’t help me cook, but that’s ok. I’d much rather eat my food vs her cooking…lol

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I won't tell her you said that lol. Though I'm sure she doesn't mind one bit you doing the cooking and her getting to be the taste tester.

13. Likes NightDrive43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Model railroading and 1:43 scale die cast cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Likes Bosko, MadMerc, Big Dave, JDGolden, Jim w and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is some setup! nice

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast