autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    No but my gf is Korean and her mom goes back there quite often. If the folks that whine about wearing a mask had a backbone, they'd suck it up and wear one if it's required by that private business. Or leave.
    Thats cool, ive honestly never been to either places.

And yeah wow! how interesting it is that your statement sounds just like what i suppose was told to people back in the days of segregation! Your not this skin color or race so leave!

Im honestly not turning this about racism, because i truly don't care what color or race you are, You are a human and thats it.

Just think about how those two sinarious actually are simialar if you just swap race/color for vaxxed/unvaxxed or masked/unmasked

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I'm not sure it's cool but its something I noticed that they do.

In all seriousness, people are free to do what they want until they're not. I'm not for a vax mandate and I can't control what private businesses do. To each their own. I'm going to go back to detailing posts.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Peace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    LOL I'm not sure it's cool but its something I noticed that they do.

In all seriousness, people are free to do what they want until they're not. I'm not for a vax mandate and I can't control what private businesses do. To each their own. I'm going to go back to detailing posts.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. Peace.
    Lol agreed. Happy holidays.

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Oh shitt, do you live in asia? I always wondered the true reasons they wear them
    masks in South Korea and Japan (just to name a few countries) are nothing new. well before the whole covid situation, people have been wearing them (among other precautions) when they are sick (not feeling well) if they have to go out in public to help minimize spreading it. it's out of consideration/respect for others. not so much here in the USA...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    masks in South Korea and Japan (just to name a few countries) are nothing new. well before the whole covid situation, people have been wearing them (among other precautions) when they are sick (not feeling well) if they have to go out in public to help minimize spreading it. it's out of consideration/respect for others. not so much here in the USA...
    and IMO it's also a customer they can keep. My BIL is from Japan and he's fine with it as he's a pretty mellow easy going guy who grew up with masks when sickness was bad. However, he also group up in a city of nearly 13-14M (Tokyo) and has a far greater density than anywhere here, especially where we live in Ohio or even him in Oregon. Thus why I refuse to mask up. I'm done with that and many of us here are. People are done trying to enforce it too. That's not our culture and not a culture I want nor embrace.

It's not IMO a matter of respect or disrespect, it's just one of not being necessary. I work in a lab where we require various masks and usually respirators and have been through countless training directly from 3M and the efficacy of surgical masks against viruses is negligible anyway. Even the MD's in my family kinda laugh at it. They basically function like a kleenex if you sneeze but for normal tidal breathing, the virus if you are shedding is still getting out into the surrounding air. Surgical masks are not filtration devices, just deflectors. If my sister-in-law (an MD) has a cold, she doesn't operate, period; mask or no mask, she reschedules the proceedure. I'm not about to walk around breathing in my own air feeling like I have a stuffy nose or cold to appease someone else with no real benefit to be seen.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes opie, Jayfro, dgage, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    and IMO it's also a customer they can keep. My BIL is from Japan and he's fine with it as he's a pretty mellow easy going guy who grew up with masks when sickness was bad. However, he also group up in a city of nearly 13-14M (Tokyo) and has a far greater density than anywhere here, especially where we live in Ohio or even him in Oregon. Thus why I refuse to mask up. I'm done with that and many of us here are. People are done trying to enforce it too. That's not our culture and not a culture I want nor embrace.

It's not IMO a matter of respect or disrespect, it's just one of not being necessary. I work in a lab where we require various masks and usually respirators and have been through countless training directly from 3M and the efficacy of surgical masks against viruses is negligible anyway. Even the MD's in my family kinda laugh at it. They basically function like a kleenex if you sneeze but for normal tidal breathing, the virus if you are shedding is still getting out into the surrounding air. Surgical masks are not filtration devices, just deflectors. If my sister-in-law (an MD) has a cold, she doesn't operate, period; mask or no mask, she reschedules the proceedure. I'm not about to walk around breathing in my own air feeling like I have a stuffy nose or cold to appease someone else with no real benefit to be seen.
    everyone has their own opinions and feelings with any subject of a matter. you gotta do whatever is in the best interest (and what you believe) of you and your family...

stay safe everyone and happy holidays!

9. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    everyone has their own opinions and feelings with any subject of a matter. you gotta do whatever is in the best interest (and what you believe) of you and your family...
    Holy chit what is this common sense your speaking!

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Holy chit what is this common sense your speaking!
    Because he doesn’t disagree with you? I never see anyone complaining about the news source when it agrees with their viewpoint.

Post Thanks / Like

As some reasonable people have been pushing, there isn’t one thing that can be done, multiple things should be done. When we make plans, we have contingencies. When the military is developing an offensive or defensive, they have multiple layers to ensure success.

Last year’s lack off a flu season was due to multiple reasons:
    * Not as many people in school and work
    * Not as many people in confined spaces
    * People with fevers not allowed into certain places
    * Some people not going out when they feel sick
    * Focus on improved cleaning practices
    * Focus on better ventilation
    * Greatly reduced hand shakes
    * And yes masks (which could help with short trips indoors; useless for more than a few minutes in the same space)

Post Thanks / Like

I wear my mask everywhere, except in my car, while walking and at homeWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast