autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well I'm surprised that they even held off on J&J and reported it but recently they reported 4x's the risk of heart inflammation of Moderna, also surprised to read this tooWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?
    There have been over 5 million deaths attributed to Covid worldwide and we could say that number is inflated and we could also say there are others deaths caused by other diseases that wouldn’t have been deaths if not for the Covid pandemic.

First, your surprise is because you think there’s a widespread conspiracy and we can’t have it both ways. We can’t say the government is incompetent and then say they have organized everything and are controlling every news and other outlet. While I’m sure the government and governments absolutely do try to do this as well as any number of companies trying to control the bad news against them, there are plenty of independents and those with morals that wouldn’t allow that to happen.

And I’m sure there are those that had a bad reaction and reactions to the vaccines but the numbers are lower, much lower than the Covid virus could cause. The CDC is tracking 800 cases against 9% of the 494 million doses given in the US (8.4 BILLION doses given world wide). Which gives us 44,460,000+ US doses given to people ages 12 to 24 that are experiencing this. 800 compared to 44,460,000 vaccine doses (EDIT - make that 400 in the 12 to 24 age range per the article). And most of those are mild with 15 still hospitalized.

Covid News: C.D.C. Is Investigating Rare Heart Problem After Vaccinations - The New York Times

Yep, the vaccine isn’t safe at all.

But I agree with njninja that I wish they wouldn’t try to force people into a corner to take the vaccine. Make it about money. More expensive to get health care if you get sick. Stop paying for people to quarantine if they didn’t have the vaccine. As a business owner, I lost significant money the last 2 years on closing and on contact tracing. I wasn’t going to force anyone to get the vaccine but I was getting tired of paying for the quarantining but I’ve since paid for quarantining for my employees since they’re all vaccinated. And I never tried putting any pressure on them, monetarily or otherwise, they got the vaccine on their own accord. And frankly much sooner than I expected. After some initial discussions with them, I thought they’d push it off but several people around them and in their families got the vaccine, which I’m sure helped pave the way. And I still have people that aren’t vaccinated in my extended family such as my grandmother and aunts. My grandmother is one of the most important people in my life since I was a kid and was a huge influence on me. I doubt I’ll go to her funeral if she dies of Covid though but that’s how I feel and it isn’t a decision I like or took lightly.

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Local bloody Government has opened the borders to the Mainland wish they didn't
    Now we have face mask restrictions. Glad i'm a anti social not anti vaccine.

4. Likes Big Dave, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just received notice that my job has issued a "Get Jabbed, or Get Fired" mandate.

After my bout with double pneumonia a few months ago, I started debating getting the shots and had almost convinced myself to do it. NOW HOWEVER, I am just pissed off. It's one thing to get vaxxed if you want to, but to have your livelihood threatened (with less than 16 months before retirement) if I don't get completely vaxxed before Feb 28, 2022, is complete and total cow droppings.

My wife and kids took the shots months ago, I just never felt the need - for myself - to have it done, now it looks like I have no choice.

The whole: "Ask me to get it, tell me to get it, bribe me to get it and finally THREATEN me to get it" mantra by the government is what really sticks in my craw. Overreach much?

Oh well, I just needed to vent...now I'm off to schedule my jabs
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes CleanIT, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As pro vax as I am, I'm not in favor of the mandate.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, dgage, Don M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I just received notice that my job has issued a "Get Jabbed, or Get Fired" mandate.

After my bout with double pneumonia a few months ago, I started debating getting the shots and had almost convinced myself to do it. NOW HOWEVER, I am just pissed off. It's one thing to get vaxxed if you want to, but to have your livelihood threatened (with less than 16 months before retirement) if I don't get completely vaxxed before Feb 28, 2022, is complete and total cow droppings.

My wife and kids took the shots months ago, I just never felt the need - for myself - to have it done, now it looks like I have no choice.

The whole: "Ask me to get it, tell me to get it, bribe me to get it and finally THREATEN me to get it" mantra by the government is what really sticks in my craw. Overreach much?

Oh well, I just needed to vent...now I'm off to schedule my jabs
    As I'd you don't have enough on your plate DonWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?This is one of numerous reason why I don't like thisWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro, Klasse Act, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    CoatingsAreCrack has me convinced the Polish Angel version will make me glow a little better.

13. Likes Bosko, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've refrained from participating in this thread as it is about such a controversial subject, although I have been following along by reading.

But something happened this week that reaffirms my position that the powers-to-be that profess to "follow-the-science" for the general good don't always have the populations best interests in mind...

The NFL has experienced a rapid and widespread surge in COVID cases over the last week or two. Enough that they actually rescheduled three game this week. So what was their response to the surge in cases? Let's do less testing. Players are no longer required to test daily/weekly unless they are symptomatic. This is a new level of hypocrisy. With the NFL approaching its playoff season and the Super Bowl there is simply too much money to be lost if this surge in cases continues. Their response is to do less testing, therefore less cases will be reported and we might be able to finish our season.

So if any of you think that money doesn't drive many of the restrictions and mandates being shoved down our throats... You are either blind or very naive. The NFL has made this perfectly clear.

15. Likes Bosko, opie, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's take the politics and government faulty actions etc. out of the virus for just a moment...

A contagious virus comes along and appears to be killing many more people than the flu. After some investigation, we find out it's so contagious and spreads easily that it becomes a pandemic. We see that the virus affects peoples lives greatly...
    - A large population is sick at one time causing hospitals to be overfilled. This makes it even harder to treat the virus and it makes it difficult or even dangerous for people who need hospital treatment for other reason (car accidents, heart attacks, etc)
    - Companies find that they are having trouble making money, due to so many employees out sick, taking care of sick family members, getting parts and/or materials from other companies also make it difficult to make money or stay open.
    - Companies find that there is some percent of people that become afraid to work or be out in the public because of the virus and this adds to the problems the companies are having.
    - People are starting to be effected by what is happening to the companies. Some are losing their jobs because some companies have to close due to what they are experiencing.
    - Some people know that there are doctors, scientists, agencies, etc. that monitor, test, and research viruses.
    - The virus has been know for several months now and appears to be changing and now there are variants that have either increased how badly people get sick or increased how easily the virus spreads.
    - People now see that the virus is not seasonal and is mutating and will not go away without a special treatment specific to the virus or a vaccine that slows the spread and can hopefully stop it over time.

What do we do?
    - We ask the doctors, scientists, agencies to help. It is reported that the virus is spread by air primarily, and at a lower level by surfaces. They mention that washing hands and minimizing contact is currently the best way to slow the spread.
    - Later they say that it's spread easily from infected people aerosolizing the virus and that some people get infected and have no symptoms. They say washing hands and minimizing contact is still helpful, but avoiding contact as much as possible is even better. They say that some companies where people frequently group together, like restaurants etc. should close down when infections are so bad that hospitals are full and cannot care for people sick from the virus or from other issues that require emergency actions from first responders and hospitals.
    - After some more time, doctors, scientists, and agencies say that they will have a vaccine in the coming months for this virus that will greatly reduce the risk of serious infection in people that will greatly reduce the risk of hospitalization or requiring help from first responders. They report about the background of the vaccine and about the number of years of data they have working with coronaviruses and about how they will be produced.
    - After months of dealing with the virus, a large number of the population has acknowledged the advice from the doctors, scientists, and agencies and the number of infections is still much higher than the flu, is still affecting companies, logistics (et al), and imports/exports of goods through America. A vaccine has been created from the current and previous research on the virus along with a short trial on its efficacy and how safe it is for people. They set a date for it's delivery.
    - The virus has been active for about a year and the first vaccines have started distribution. The doctors, scientists, agencies report on the virus and show efficacy and that it is very safe for people. They also report that it appears to work we for the variants that have come about as well. The mention that they have already started working on the vaccine to see if it will work for kids since the vaccine was limited to adults due to its shorter trial time.
    - Many people have now gotten the vaccine. There are a percentage that are not comfortable getting the vaccine and a smaller number where the doctors, scientists, etc said should avoid the vaccine due to an immunity compromised issue they have.
    - A few more months have gone by and the doctors, scientists, and agencies have reported that millions of people have taken the virus and the very small number of people that have reacted to the virus. They also report of the very small number that got the vaccine and still got the virus. They report that the virus does appear to work very well at keeping those people who have had these breakthroughs from getting serious infection and out of the hospitals.
    - Another few months go by and the vaccine is still being distributed as well as a higher number who have had concerns about the virus are getting the vaccine. There is still a percentage of people who can't get the vaccine due to their health reasons or religious reasons as well.
    - Overall, there is a high number of participants in the vaccine program. After a year with the vaccine, there are roughly 75% of Americans who have gotten the vaccine. Many smaller countries have not had this level of vaccine distribution, so the virus continues to exist, but much of America has returned to a pre-pandemic level with care taken as people get the virus. Variants have come about, but have not spread on a pandemic level within America. Doctors, scientists, agencies have never stopped monitoring and researching the virus and sharing this information with vaccine makers. Doctors, scientists, agencies mention that boosters could be necessary as variants continue, but they have been working with other countries and helping them with vaccine distribution and research information.

So, the reason I wrote all this out is because nearly every post in this thread is related to a political action from one side or the other. The point I'm trying to make is that if we could just shut the politics out of all this and let doctors, scientist, agencies help guide people, this whole virus BS would have gone so much differently. If you can neutralize your political beliefs for just a moment, you'll see that there were mistakes made on both sides that hasn't helped people at all. Most, if not all, were mistakes made with political intention. Political intention is selfish and has not helped the situation at all. This holds true for either side of the political spectrum. We could list a bunch of actions from both sides over the past two years LOL.

17. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro, Big Dave, CleanIT, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    So, the reason I wrote all this out is because nearly every post in this thread is related to a political action from one side or the other. The point I'm trying to make is that if we could just shut the politics out of all this and let doctors, scientist, agencies help guide people, this whole virus BS would have gone so much differently.
    My good sir im sure we all wish that were possible, but unfortunately that is not and will not be the case.

Even if it were left up to just them as you said, not all doctors (not sure about scientists) believe the same thing about the virus. One says yes get the shot another says no...and then they state there reasons or facts for that recommendation.

Although atleast in your scenario there would be absolute personal choice and no pressure from outside influences.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

19. Likes Azure liked this post
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast