autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Over reach by the NFL & NHL, everyone has had ENOUGH already. Also not every hospital is being overrun with Omicron or Decepticon or Defcon either as a buddy of mine just took his wife in to get to her ulsers checked out and the nurse told her and this is one of those "heros work here", that the media is overflowing this.

At this point, the people that want the shot have gotten it, those who didn't aren't, time to move forward with life and continue to be safe, we've got friends and family to see, life is short, we know what to doWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Ummmm

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Klasse Act, Jayfro, opie, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Ummmm

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, sureWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Over reach by the NFL & NHL, everyone has had ENOUGH already. Also not every hospital is being overrun with Omicron or Decepticon or Defcon either as a buddy of mine just took his wife in to get to her ulsers checked out and the nurse told her and this is one of those "heros work here", that the media is overflowing this.

At this point, the people that want the shot have gotten it, those who didn't aren't, time to move forward with life and continue to be safe, we've got friends and family to see, life is short, we know what to doWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?
    I don’t disagree but your statement right there means, at least for some places, we can’t simply move beyond though it would sure be nice if we could. We’ll see what winter brings but so far, it doesn’t look like we’re beyond it yet.

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t disagree but your statement right there means, at least for some places, we can’t simply move beyond though it would sure be nice if we could. We’ll see what winter brings but so far, it doesn’t look like we’re beyond it yet.
    If you really look at things I think we can agree that we are never ever going to be passed it.

8. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really look at things I think we can agree that we are never ever going to be passed it.
    They said the same about Polio at one time as outbreaks hit every few years.
    Timeline | History of Vaccines

And look what happened after the first polio vaccine was released in 1954.
    Reported paralytic polio cases and deaths - Our World in Data

My money is on science. And most definitely not on politics unless the goal is to royally screw things up.

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I thought I'd update our situation, we've had it sort of under control for the last couple of months, ticking along at between 200 - 400 new cases a day here in New South Wales. They planned to ease restrictions on Dec 15, and they did. No more signing in with QR codes at businesses or shops. Masks required at very specific places, hospitals, aged care, personal services (brothels and massage services). Unvaccinated people can now go out and do whatever they want. They figure everyone has had long enough, if you're not vaccinated now, you're not going to be.

But with Omicron arriving, we've had a surge in cases, in the last few days, daily cases have risen over 2000, nearly 800 of them in my region, a local nightclub had an end of year Prom themed event, over 680 people were there, 2 guys from Sydney who were positive for Omicron, who were told to stay home and isolate, didn't believe it, so went to the event. So far over 280 cases have been confirmed from this super spreader event. The place where I work lost half their office staff last week, they're considered casual contacts of positive cases, so they need 2 negative tests over 7 days before they can come back to work. The boss said he won't enforce mask wearing, but asked if you're in the showroom when customers are there, please consider wearing one.

Went to a large shopping centre today, even though we don't have to wear masks anymore, more than half the people did. I did.

I've booked in for my booster, Jan 12, Pfizer this time.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on science. And most definitely not on politics unless the goal is to royally screw things up.. +1 on that
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

14. Likes CleanIT, Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    So I thought I'd update our situation, we've had it sort of under control for the last couple of months, ticking along at between 200 - 400 new cases a day here in New South Wales. They planned to ease restrictions on Dec 15, and they did. No more signing in with QR codes at businesses or shops. Masks required at very specific places, hospitals, aged care, personal services (brothels and massage services). Unvaccinated people can now go out and do whatever they want. They figure everyone has had long enough, if you're not vaccinated now, you're not going to be.

But with Omicron arriving, we've had a surge in cases, in the last few days, daily cases have risen over 2000, nearly 800 of them in my region, a local nightclub had an end of year Prom themed event, over 680 people were there, 2 guys from Sydney who were positive for Omicron, who were told to stay home and isolate, didn't believe it, so went to the event. So far over 280 cases have been confirmed from this super spreader event. The place where I work lost half their office staff last week, they're considered casual contacts of positive cases, so they need 2 negative tests over 7 days before they can come back to work. The boss said he won't enforce mask wearing, but asked if you're in the showroom when customers are there, please consider wearing one.

Went to a large shopping centre today, even though we don't have to wear masks anymore, more than half the people did. I did.

I've booked in for my booster, Jan 12, Pfizer this time.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Very reasonable post here, why can't more people be like THISWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

16. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    2 guys from Sydney who were positive for Omicron, who were told to stay home and isolate, didn't believe it, so went to the event.
    And this is why we can’t have nice things or be done with this.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast