autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo122 View Post
    My problem is that this has been portrayed as the vaccinated versus the unvaccinated. There's a fair percentage of the "unvaccinated" who contracted COVID, recovered, and have natural immunity. Many of those are healthcare workers. Also main stream media is the biggest source of "disinformation".
    Reasonable idea. To my knowledge there aren't clear guidelines on what constitutes enough immunity and not sure the current tests can reliably identify the levels of antibodies in the blood. And then there hasn't been enough research to identify what levels of antibodies are needed to provide an adequate level of protection.

Antibody Testing Is Not Currently Recommended to Assess Immunity After COVID-19 Vaccination: FDA Safety Communication | FDA

There's also a level of safety expectation. If I take my kid to a daycare, I expect them to put a reasonable amount of effort into reasonable precautions to protect my kid. If I go to the hospital, I want them to take every precaution they can to make sure I or my family don't get sick or sicker. I mean really, if you go in to the hospital for appendicitis or something different and you get Covid because a nurse chose not to get a vaccine, I'd imagine you'd be upset. Could you still get Covid from a vaccinated person? Sure, but at least they would have taken every perceivable precaution. But I know that I'm the minority on here with this one. Oh well. I should also point out there are legal ramifications if "reasonable" precautions aren't taken. I'm not a lawyer but I've read of plenty of cases that win based on the expectation of "reasonable" precautions being implemented or not.

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you got your mask on and vaccine ya should have nothing to worry about my friend...so they say

Id be more worried about a phlebotomist taking a patients blood and said patient jerks and the needle comes out and the phlebotomist gets stuck with a dirty needle.

That sir is a real risk

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What really sucks is all of the diseases scientists and doctors have almost completely eradicated such as measles that will continue to make a comeback. More unvaccinated and we’re no longer willing to enforce vaccines for those going to PUBLIC school. But hey, they died because they had preexisting conditions and we really don’t care about those people. But hey, at least we’re free to not care about anyone but ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    What really sucks is all of the diseases scientists and doctors have almost completely eradicated such as measles that will continue to make a comeback. More unvaccinated and we’re no longer willing to enforce vaccines for those going to PUBLIC school. But hey, they died because they had preexisting conditions and we really don’t care about those people. But hey, at least we’re free to not care about anyone but ourselves.
    Measles, Polio, etc are completely different than a Coronavirus. Fear-mongering off on a shiny object that's not even in the picture is disingenuous. Vaxes for Corona are not going to stop spread as it will continue to mutate and spread even if 100% are vaxed. It's a respiratory virus that is here to stay.

Our health is our own concern and responsibility. This entire thing has been blown out of proportion since day one due to the improper handling of the elderly which is the primary group at risk. Yes, underlying conditions are increasing odds for many. That too is also THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. Put down the bagels and sugar, get healthy and live a good life. People have had nearly 2 years to improve their odds. The rest of us are getting back to normal, living our lives, and no, many of us are NOT going to don silly masks to make others feel good. People have freedom and liberty and YES in America we are free to decide to wear one and yes get the vax if they wish. This hypersensitivity to what others do is coming to an end and needs to. People are indeed here to worry about one's own self and family first. Call it selfish if you wish, but it's our choice. Keep 10ft away if you wish, continue to live in fear, order from Amazon, etc. but half or more of us are not. We're back to NORMAL and enjoying it.

I spend half my year of living in 2 very open and free states besides my home here in Ohio and none of them have issues. It's the locked down liberal states that continue to push mandates and make life unenjoyable that are the ones suffering. Thankfully our homes have been fun and back to near normal for most for quite some time.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I got it a few weeks back. I was down and out with a high fever(highest of 102.1F) for about 4 days. My entire torso felt like I had been beat with bully clubs filled with lead. Like I was bruised head to toe. Had a back spasm in February and still had 800mg ibuprofen horse pills left over, that's probably the only thing that kept her from taking me to the hospital. It responded to the ibuprofen so I didn't worry very much. She got it and just had a fever and a cough but was in less physical pain than myself. Spent 10 days in quarantine playing theHunter: Call Of The Wild and Battlefield 5. Finished another submarine book. Stared at the walls. It was boring. Didn't have the PTO either cause we had our wedding and honeymoon in September so I took it with no pay. Perfect timing too cause we had just closed on the new house....lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Measles, Polio, etc are completely different than a Coronavirus. Fear-mongering off on a shiny object that's not even in the picture is disingenuous. Vaxes for Corona are not going to stop spread as it will continue to mutate and spread even if 100% are vaxed. It's a respiratory virus that is here to stay.

Our health is our own concern and responsibility. This entire thing has been blown out of proportion since day one due to the improper handling of the elderly which is the primary group at risk. Yes, underlying conditions are increasing odds for many. That too is also THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. Put down the bagels and sugar, get healthy and live a good life. People have had nearly 2 years to improve their odds. The rest of us are getting back to normal, living our lives, and no, many of us are NOT going to don silly masks to make others feel good. People have freedom and liberty and YES in America we are free to decide to wear one and yes get the vax if they wish. This hypersensitivity to what others do is coming to an end and needs to. People are indeed here to worry about one's own self and family first. Call it selfish if you wish, but it's our choice. Keep 10ft away if you wish, continue to live in fear, order from Amazon, etc. but half or more of us are not. We're back to NORMAL and enjoying it.

I spend half my year of living in 2 very open and free states besides my home here in Ohio and none of them have issues. It's the locked down liberal states that continue to push mandates and make life unenjoyable that are the ones suffering. Thankfully our homes have been fun and back to near normal for most for quite some time.
    Here hereWhat's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Wife and I got it a few weeks back. I was down and out with a high fever(highest of 102.1F) for about 4 days. My entire torso felt like I had been beat with bully clubs filled with lead. Like I was bruised head to toe. Didn't have the PTO either cause we had our wedding and honeymoon in September so I took it with no pay.
    Congrats on the tieing the knot, the new house, and natural immunity!

Sounds like you made the right choice to stay out of the hospital

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

11. Likes PouncingPanzer, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

mRNA technology is here to stay and will only become even more influential in medicine. The next generation vaccines will likely work against 90% of all coronaviruses and mutations. My hope is this comes true. Mutations will occur in largely poor areas that don't have access to vaccines. Vaccines are preventing serious illness. For those that don't want to take, don't take it. I was never in favor of mandatory vaccinations, but I am strongly against ignorant anti-science dopes and people that push this garbage for a living. Thoughts and prayers won't cut it. Only science can lead us forward. There just is no other way.

13. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my first shot yesterday. For me, i figured it was the right thing to do.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

15. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Hate to say it but what is happening today in counties around the United States is in the process of rewriting almost 70 years of health policy. This is not about the coronavirus any more. Precedent around the country is being set that we can no longer require vaccines in public schools. Our kids will be less safe than they are today.

And an analog of our choice is with seat belts. Almost all states (except New Hampshire) require and enforce seat belts in automobiles and this has saved lives. A bad accident with and without seat belts could have very different outcomes, much higher costs, and a greater impact on the local hospital. So an individual's choice within a community can definitely affect others around them.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast