autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Paul, please tell me/us the answer, I'd like to know because here in Chicagoland it's been a sloooooow drio to $1.69 whereas back home in the D its .99 cents a gallon, ###Stimuls check

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The gist of the answer is the same answer as "Why is a big jar of Hellman's mayonnaise $6.99 in NY, and only $2.99 in Alabama (e.g.)"

Because people used to being gouged will pay it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I’m glad I don’t like mayonnaise !
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And the formulations are different in different parts of the country as well as the formulations for summer and winter are also different.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Gee, I’m glad I don’t like mayonnaise !
    I just learned a couple weeks ago that mayo is a white thing and I'm 50 yrs old and grew up in the D, south of 8 mile and never heard this urban legendStimuls check (I'm white by the way)

Telly cut me some slack because because I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING Stimuls check

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted way back in this thread also, that the Federal government is not set up to give out money, only take it.

Conversely, Big Oil is set up to pump it at full capacity. Not choke the flow way back.

They are (both) in uncharted territory, and have to scramble to come up with a scenario that they never imagined. As greedy and short-sighted as that is......

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    I’m sorry, did I miss something here? Why are you offended by this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not offended necessarily, I was just using an example of how people are receiving these checks and are still working or in her case, not working at a physical 40 hour day job but is a stay at home mom. It was more a surprise to me that she had received one because as I said she hasn’t worked for almost 6 years. I see this may have struck a chord with some people and I meant nothing against anybody, at this point I might as well delete my posts if I can and unsubscribe from the thread.

We’re still waiting for my wife’s which is quite worrying as I’ve had mine about a week now and I may have to look it up. What really concerns me is that she’s an immigrant, but has been a citizen for about 20 years now. Idk if this is a valid concern or not. I’m glad that just about everybody is getting one because we’re all affected by this to some degree.

The post was more to be light hearted with the Oprah joke(stolen from Bill Burr I admit) and to just vent a bit as my sister and I have a bit of a mixed relationship. I get it, like I wrote before it doesn’t paint me in the best light, it was in response to a couple others who were saying it’s “like an umbrella and covers everybody”(my words not quoting anybody, this was my understating to what was being said.)
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    I’m not offended necessarily, I was just using an example of how people are receiving these checks and are still working or in her case, not working at a physical 40 hour day job but is a stay at home mom. It was more a surprise to me that she had received one because as I said she hasn’t worked for almost 6 years. I see this may have struck a chord with some people and I meant nothing against anybody, at this point I might as well delete my posts if I can and unsubscribe from the thread.

We’re still waiting for my wife’s which is quite worrying as I’ve had mine about a week now and I may have to look it up. What really concerns me is that she’s an immigrant, but has been a citizen for about 20 years now. Idk if this is a valid concern or not. I’m glad that just about everybody is getting one because we’re all affected by this to some degree.

The post was more to be light hearted with the Oprah joke(stolen from Bill Burr I admit) and to just vent a bit as my sister and I have a bit of a mixed relationship. I get it, like I wrote before it doesn’t paint me in the best light, it was in response to a couple others who were saying it’s “like an umbrella and covers everybody”(my words not quoting anybody, this was my understating to what was being said.)
    Don't apologize for you opinions, DMig.

As long as we all remain civil, it's what makes a good thread a great one.

All of us are affected in a different way by this, and we all have our own opinions and unique situations.

All of them interesting, IMO.

As long as we all don't turn into a FaceBook cesspool of humanity, I think this thread lets us all vent a little over an unprecedented situation.

13. Thanks DMiglio thanked for this post
    Likes Strong66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DMig, if you filed together on your taxes why wouldn't you have gotten 1, larger checkStimuls check

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

DMig, if you filed together on your taxes why wouldn't you have gotten 1, larger checkStimuls check

This.
    My Wife and myself file jointly, and we got our check last week.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Don't apologize for you opinions, DMig.

As long as we all remain civil, it's what makes a good thread a great one.

All of us are affected in a different way by this, and we all have our own opinions and unique situations.

All of them interesting, IMO.

As long as we all don't turn into a FaceBook cesspool of humanity, I think this thread lets us all vent a little over an unprecedented situation.
    Appreciate that PaulMys!

Turns out I can’t delete the post anyways so I’ll just keep my flame suit on for the mean time.

Hope things are well for you, you’re an active member of the community and I always enjoy seeing your posts, “thanks” and “likes” that you contribute to so many threads and others’ posts.

My wife’s second job is contract work so we claim some business expenses related to products and tools. Her boss is also very late on getting her taxes done and sending the proper tax forms to us, like week of April 15th late!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

17. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast