autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

My wife and I are still employed, full time working, we're banking ours. Just some extra money to buy the farm one day, save it up.
    Back to the full-time grind.

2. Likes TTQ B4U, BudgetPlan1, DMiglio, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    This is going to sound AHish in a way I think by growing up with a struggling single-family household it helped me deal with living on a limited budget at this point I'm not really affected and still can work (but limited). The way people are losing their mind right now is a nightmare to watch. Like I saw on the news people Michigan showed up to the government buildings with guns by the hundreds complaining about being at home with one people holding a sign saying this seems like slavery. I'm like is this what u think slavery is like? All they basically was did was just make the quarantine even longer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The people showing up are simply expressing what Ben said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The initial halt on things was needed to overcome being caught off guard and to prep the healthcare system for the day-forward needs that will continue to be there. This virus isn't going anywhere so it's just a matter of necessity to prepare for handling the casualties and outcome of it being in our society now and likely for many years.

The rub is the system and our leaders have since moved the goal posts, put no real steak in the ground around a time that is FIRM to get back open and deal with it as we continue to build our economy. Their lack of vision and overreach of power is what is really ticking people off.

Again, time to face the reality and get back on the horse of life before even longer term and much deeper damage is done. What the economy is experiencing is a chemo-treatment and even those done go on forever for obvious reasons. Those that are going to live in fear need to figure out a plan to overcome that and move on. We can't bury our head in the sand forever and life is all about mitigating risk and accepting the casualties that come from our freedoms. People are going to continue to get sick from this and die as well. That's life and again, it's not going anywhere. Even a vaccine isn't 100% and this too will likely mutate just as the flue does. A vaccine is just a little more effective mitigation is all.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Thanks swanicyouth thanked for this post
    Likes swanicyouth, grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    No Rub. I feel the same. However running businesses isn't without cost to do so thus for example a law practice or property mgt company or other businesses that my wife and I run aren't free to do so. Furloughing employees because cash flow from businesses halted isn't something we can simply wish away. Being a business owner entails fiscal considerations and dealing with the future whether it is in our area of comfort or not.
    Can't even imagine the catastrophic effect this will all have on countless small businesses when all is said and done.

Figuring out how to mitigate that would reach farther than one time 'bonus checks' to the general population.

Post Thanks / Like

invest it. the market is on sale right now.
    Give the stimulus money to big business? No thanks, that's not the point of the stimulus (theoretically).

Post Thanks / Like

The people showing up are simply expressing what Ben said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The initial halt on things was needed to overcome being caught off guard and to prep the healthcare system for the day-forward needs that will continue to be there. This virus isn't going anywhere so it's just a matter of necessity to prepare for handling the casualties and outcome of it being in our society now and likely for many years.

The rub is the system and our leaders have since moved the goal posts, put no real steak in the ground around a time that is FIRM to get back open and deal with it as we continue to build our economy. Their lack of vision and overreach of power is what is really ticking people off.

Again, time to face the reality and get back on the horse of life before even longer term and much deeper damage is done. What the economy is experiencing is a chemo-treatment and even those done go on forever for obvious reasons. Those that are going to live in fear need to figure out a plan to overcome that and move on. We can't bury our head in the sand forever and life is all about mitigating risk and accepting the casualties that come from our freedoms. People are going to continue to get sick from this and die as well. That's life and again, it's not going anywhere. Even a vaccine isn't 100% and this too will likely mutate just as the flue does. A vaccine is just a little more effective mitigation is all.
    Mmmm the people showing up with guns is going to accomplish what? Last time I checked the government wasn't beating people with whips and chains in order to get rid of Rona so comparing it to slavery not making much sense to me. All they did was make the quarantine and even longer than what it currently is.

8. Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gubbamint took away my freedom to drive 100mph in a school zone. I think maybe I'll go protest that, too...

10. Likes BudgetPlan1, PaulMys, ducksfan, grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume your talking about the situation in Michigan, my home state, If so, it probably started out as a logical protest but turned into a Trump rally with "those people", you know, 12 huge flags in the back of a rusty pick up truck, Don't tread on me flags, people dressed like Captain America, etc. Now just to be clear, I didn't vote for Trump and certainly didn't vote for that Beast either but I understand the message but wish "they" would just lay down next to their bowls and let the protesters make their points without "them" ruining for the rest of the group legitimately being there to make a single point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Mmmm the people showing up with guns is going to accomplish what? Last time I checked the government wasn't beating people with whips and chains in order to get rid of Rona so comparing it to slavery not making much sense to me. All they did was make the quarantine and even longer than what it currently is.

Were any rounds discharged? Nope. Point made that our rights are important and the display of b our 2A gets attention doesn't it?

Nothing done extended the quarantine. That's up to the leaders.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Give the stimulus money to big business? No thanks, that's not the point of the stimulus (theoretically).
    There's more to investing that big business.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

15. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Heard today was the day.

$1200 DD in the account as of this morning.
    I am one of the lucky ones to still be working.
    So this money will just be banked.
    Congratulations!

Additionally:
    •Now that PA.’s Governor Tim Wolf has effectuated
    Pennsylvania’s joining with “the coalition” of North-
    eastern states of New Jersey, New York, Connecticut,
    Delaware, Rhode Island and Massachusetts...

-I wish you nothing but the best...
    as this “coalition” coordinates the reopening
    of their respective economies.

[Yet, for some odd reason, the old saying:
    ”Beware the (Tim) Wolf at the door!”
    keeps coming to mind.]

In the meantime: I’ve got ol’
    “never mind DeWine” to contend with.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast