autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stimuls check

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stimuls check

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Why can't you enjoy a taco? The taco truck on my route has been open this whole time, intact, a new one just pulled up about 100 ft infront of them yesterday. I'm sure you can get yourself a taco, no worries Stimuls check

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It was more of a joke about drinking and eating Tacos on Cinco de Mayo with friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    The gist of the answer is the same answer as "Why is a big jar of Hellman's mayonnaise $6.99 in NY, and only $2.99 in Alabama (e.g.)"

Because people used to being gouged will pay it.
    I like you paul... your one of the good one’s here. That being said the cost of living in Newyork is insane. Even though your paying double that shop selling the mayo is seeing around the same profits as in ‘Bama. Pay for worker, utilities, rent all is 2-3 more..... cigarettes were 2
    $20 a pack in new york.... how do they have any smokers left?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if ima get one but if I do i’m gonna load up on mayo and gas and go sell it in New York.

5. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The gist of the answer is the same answer as "Why is a big jar of Hellman's mayonnaise $6.99 in NY, and only $2.99 in Alabama (e.g.)"

Because people used to being gouged will pay it.
    and the general cost of living is so dang high. taxes are insane and rent for shops/stores is beyond stupid. lived there, worked there, never again. easily doubled my lifestyle/income moving.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Cost of living in NY area is higher, that is true, but so are Salaries for professionals. We also have tons of options. We don’t have to eat Hellmans you know. We have access to Miracle Whip too . Also, my town has an excellent school system. I know that some states w lower taxes don’ have the same level of education. I have cousins that are principles and teachers for schools in Florida and they will admit to that. Learning in trailers vs a building because of over population or not having proper infrastructure is tough. When Pandemic hit my kids were in school next day on remote learning.

I know some will say low income areas in NY were delayed or are still suffering from remote learning and that is true. But let’s compare apples to apples. If you are saying you have a better life somewhere else then you likely didn’t come from the slums or low income areas of NY and suddenly live in the best are of some other state just by moving out.

Once my kids are in college I would consider moving elsewhere. For now, living in the Ny area is not so bad. We generally don’t have to worry about earthquakes, tornadoes or major hurricanes. Generally. We do get snow but every area of the country has its thing. We get 4 beautiful seasons.

In the end, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

8. Likes PaulMys, Celabe liked this post
    Mike Phillips

I put hot sauce on EVERYTHING
    Hey, we have something in common. I'm down to my last few drops of Widow. I'm actually out of it but I transferred what was left into 2 bottles of Hammerhead to heat up the Hammerhead.

And after breakfast, now I'm almost out of the Hammerhead.

10. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I like you paul... your one of the good one’s here. That being said the cost of living in Newyork is insane. Even though your paying double that shop selling the mayo is seeing around the same profits as in ‘Bama. Pay for worker, utilities, rent all is 2-3 more..... cigarettes were 2
    $20 a pack in new york.... how do they have any smokers left?

Sounds like you are talking about the Greater NYC area. There is WAY more to NY State than just that unlivable area.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are talking about the Greater NYC area. There is WAY more to NY State than just that unlivable area.
    That's how Illinois is, they (city of) think the world revolves around them but this hellhole has had a decade of mass exodus and believe me, I know exodus, I'm from southeast Michigan originally.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's how Illinois is, they (city of) think the world revolves around them but this hellhole has had a decade of mass exodus and believe me, I know exodus, I'm from southeast Michigan originally.

Yup. And where do think all the infected people from the NYC area flocked to in a panic? To dead-end narrow strips of land known as the twin forks of Long Island. (Where I live).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be making my mass exodus in just over 2 months from this state. Really can’t come soon enough as my wife and I have been planning for a couple years now.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

17. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast