October/November 2019 NC/TN road trip!
2017 Porsche Macan GTS
This was our first road trip in the Macan…very exciting!
We had planned for a 2 week visit to NC to close up and winterize our cabin there. Figured we would do some sight-seeing as well!
Left FL early in the morning and it was around 82 degrees and humid. It is approximately a 13 hour drive driveway to driveway. It’s a decent haul and it seems to get longer each time we do it! LOL.
Fast forward 13 hours’ish later and we are in Burnsville NC! GREAT weather…about 50 degrees and sunny! So nice to get away from the heat!

The GTS performed very well on the trip up. Averaged around 22mpg at 82’ish MPH on the interstate roads. Very comfortable ride, quiet if you want it that way, a little louder if you want it with the touch of a few buttons! Plenty of space inside for our stuff and us. Had no issues passing other traffic that needed to be passed or making it up some steep graded mountain passes. Again, it is a very comfortable ride.

Got onto NC80/The Devils Whip on the way to our place… put it in sport mode, lowered the suspension, opened the exhaust valves and: let’s see how she handles!
You can ‘feel’ the weight of the vehicle, but it handles very, very well for an SUV, little to no body roll. Holds lines excellently, takes the corners/curves like a champ! It feels like a larger/heavier 911.
So, I know it does what everyone says it does…and well!

We got settled in and relaxed. Again, weather is just perfect, the leaves were in full color swing upon our arrival, very late this year, but we were thrilled! Such great colors!!!

Plans were to hit the Dragon and surrounding roads, but we never got there this time, planning on that for another trip, however, we had some excellent roads/views/scenery where we explored!

NC 80, aka the Devils Whip.
NC 209, aka the Rattler.
NC 221 aka the Diamondback.
RT 9 aka the Sidewinder.
The Blue Ridge Parkway.
Mt. Mitchell State Park.

Some excellent roads, very fun and scenic!

We also went into Asheville and participated in a Appalachian Region PCA car show that benefited the local VA hospital. Saw a bunch of cool cars and met some new friends!

We had a front come through that brought a lot of rain and wind; and COLD air. We lost power for around 12+ hours and it started to really cool down inside! Woke up the next morning to frost covered trees and snow covered mountain tops! 24 degrees in the am! Got up to the low 50’s and was incredibly clear: blue skies and sunny. It remained this way for the rest of our time there.

2 weeks flew by and I find myself home back in FL typing this up the night we returned as I attempt to wind down from the trip home.

Once again, a great time, excellent road-trip, great driving, fun times, and we are looking forward to our next trip up!

All in all we put 2,410 miles on the Macan this trip!

Thanks for reading and looking at my pics!

Upon arrival/view from our deck:

Car show in Asheville:

Total round trip mileage: