autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Forum activity

Mike Phillips

Re: Forum activity

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post

Unless otherwise instructed:
    I’m going to keep on posting to this forum—
    take it to the bank—if for no other reason than
    trying to keep abreast of the ‘accuracy rebuilding’
    events that plagues my AGO forum account on a
    regular basis.

Bob

I read your post and then checked your posting history, found what you're talking about and commented to you here,

Forum Maintenance

Mike Phillips

Re: Forum activity

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    From a newb perspective, I'm fairly new to "properly"(...aka not using dawn soap with a dish towel and drying with a bath towel) detailing my cars and I credit this forum and all of the AGO members as well as Mike P. If it wasn't for the forum and how helpful EVERYONE is, there is no way that I could've learned the proper technique and confidence to "touch" my car, I'm pretty sure there's no way in hell that I would've learned what I've learned in the time that I've been part of this forum on facebook.

Mike and the rest of the members help me so much when I, not anyone else, marred the crap out of my entire black acura. It's also when I learned not everything you watch then buy from a youtube video "guy" pushing his new AIO that there are outstanding abrasives and crappy abrasive. I learned the hard way but when I was finished I was very proud of my work...I think a lot of other members on AGO have been in similar situations and they/we want to help others, that's what AGO is about...helping others. Facebook...not so much.

I left facebook probably 7-8 years ago because it's a free for all, people hiding behind their keyboards, trashing everything you say or think....I value my time more than that. This forum, and I like to refer to it as a "Community" since everyone is try to help everyone. You'll get the occasional spat which is fine and sometime entertaining especially when they get on the topic of beadmaker(!!!)

Today's interesting topic that seems so inconsequential to the average person, is how to get dog hair (embedded hair removal) off the seats. As of 3:50 CDT, they have been 150 views and 11 replies...and all of them helping out, giving different ideas and eventually finding a solution! I haven't been on facebook in looong time but I would guess someone would pop-off with some smart-ass response and then turn into a free for all, all the while AaronE is still trying to find a solution to the hair!

Sorry to rant but I really enjoy being part of this community!

Jay

I'd say that's a STELLAR rant!

I'm happy to have met you, (through this forum), and even happier that you've become a positive contributing active member.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234