autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Chambly International Car Show 2019

Hey guys,

I went to the biggest car show here in Quebec. The show has over 3000 cars and 30,000 visitors.

I took a bunch of pictures, here are some of the cars I really liked. You can use the link to see them on my facebook page:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA - Esthetique Auto Montreal Car Detailing | Facebook

You might notice my slight bias towards Mopar models

2. Thanks Jim w, Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chambly International Car Show 2019

Awesome, thank you for sharing.

Wow, there’s some sweet looking machines there that’s for sure. Gotta love the General Lee! That Red Mach1 Mustang looks the part too.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

Nice collection of cars and "yes" there seems to be a lot of really nice Mopars on display.

Really though, ever car in your album looks first rate. And also, nice photography work. So often when I see people take pictures of cars they cut off the front, or cut off the back or the tires are missing, etc.

You nicely framed up all the shots to showcase the ENTIRE car. By doing this simple function, everyone that looks at the picture can actually see the entire car.

I don't know why, but I've always had an affinity for this look, the traditional bright yellow, Ford 5-Window Coupe with the bobbed fenders.

Everything about this build looks spot-on.

Thanks for sharing!

5. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a ton of amazing looking cars there. Did you guys see the prototype for the first air bag? LOL

Thanks for the compliments Mike. I took photography as a hobby this summer. This was my 5th photoshoot. As a matter of fact I am waiting on a new camera that I should be getting tomorrow. Right now I am shooting with an old Olympus E-410. It does a good job when the conditions are right but is more limited in things like sports photography. The new one is an Olympus OM-D M1 and it several steps above what I have in terms of capabilities.

There are limitations of what you can do at a car show. Often the cars are very close together and you can't choose the angle you want. The other thing is people constantly moving around the cars... had to wait quite of a while for some of the shots

I think it came out ok. I have so much to learn yet, but I like how the pictures came out.

Can't wait for the next big car show

In the meantime, I am headed for a racetrack in mid August to drive a Lamborgini Gallardo. Last year I drove a Ferrari F430. Will be taking a lot of pictures while I am there.

7. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

There are limitations of what you can do at a car show. Often the cars are very close together and you can't choose the angle you want.

The other thing is people constantly moving around the cars... had to wait quite of a while for some of the shots

My own style for shooting at car shows is called,

Fast & Furious Photography

I get in, get the shot, get out. Fast.

I find if I wait for people to move, I'll be waiting all day.