autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Scratch in wood trim - how to fix?

Not sure where to post this or if anyone can help with some ideas on how to fix it, but here goes anyways

I'm getting my new to me 2014 Chrysler 300C 5.7L AWD ready for a good interior and exterior clean. I plan on correcting the paint a bit and making it glitter again (Phantom Black Pearl Tricoat)

I was doing some wiring in the interior and took some of the dash apart, and accidentally scratched to wood trim putting it back together It is a light scratch, can't feel it with my fingernail, but the trim is like a semi-matte/non-shiny finish and it stands out like a sore thumb.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it?!

Thanks all, love the forum so far, looks like I will learn lots here and hope I can help out too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scratch in wood trim - how to fix?-20190930_071017-jpg  
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Mike Phillips

Re: Scratch in wood trim - how to fix?

Because this is your first post,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

I was doing some wiring in the interior and took some of the dash apart, and accidentally scratched to wood trim putting it back together It is a light scratch, can't feel it with my fingernail, but the trim is like a semi-matte/non-shiny finish and it stands out like a sore thumb.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix it?!

Thanks all, love the forum so far, looks like I will learn lots here and hope I can help out too

Here's the full size version of your pictures, easy to do this kind of picture work with a computer

From what I can see, the scratch is deep enough to expose the underlying material so I'd say there's no easy fix to make it perfect outside of replacing the component.

What you could try is go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get some wood furniture scratch hider, like this one or something similar.

Rejuvenate Wood Furniture and Floor Repair Markers, Brown

No simple fix that will get you to the point that you will never see it, especially because you know exactly where to look. Possibly someone could make a "wrap" for this area? Could be there some already available, check ebay.

3. Thanks Icarus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome and the info. Wish I could come down to FL some time for your classes, looks like they would be fun!

Guess I'll have to check out HD etc :/ I wasn't sure if there was a product in the detailing industry that might help. I know I don't want to polish it as I'd make a shiny spot. I don't want to wrap it yet, as I kinda like the wood (its supposed to be real veneer on this model?!)
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

·Ï¢årµ§· Please enlighten me ACS2 code?
    Good luck with the scratch.
    There use to be markers that looked
    like grease pencils, they may fill in the
    scratch. You may want to look into them.