autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a member here for a while, but this time unfortunately I'm asking for a different type of help, not related to our hobby.

Alright guys. Im usually the one to give the help, make the donation, share the story, or help out.
    But this time I'm the one telling the difficult story, and asking for help.
    Last week I was en route to long beach last minute, for an unplanned, horrific surprise vacation. That no one wanted to make. Summer's (my girlfriend) father was admitted to the ICU for emergency surgery, and in a medically induced coma for 8 days at long beach memorial. It turns out, he has cancer. Chemo every 3 weeks in long beach, for 4 months. With no insurance, because he cant afford it. None the less, hes been out of work and in the hospital for the last 3 weeks. We sat with him, unable to move himself in bed, unable to get up, or eat for himself. Summer sat overnight, without sleep for about 36 hours, to sit and watch her father get basically what I call a lethal injection. Otherwise known as chemotherapy. All while I did whatever I could to be of any support I could. Whether it was of moral support, or getting food and transporting family members and her grandparents back and forth from corona. He barely makes ends meet as it is, and I'll be doing everything I can to help, but this is far beyond being over head my and above my pay grade. It hasn't been easy so far by any means. Hes back in the hospital after being out for a few days due to awful sickness, and hes due for another chemo run in 2 more weeks.

I frequent this forum and autogeek often, but I've turned into more of a lurker and reader than avid poster.
    But If you guys can, please, please it would mean the world for anyone who can read, share, donate. Anything. Nothing is too small, too insignificant or insincere.

Fundraiser by Summer Benjamins : Battle for Benjamins

I'm not trying to spam the forum, I'm just looking for any Avenue to get help. I've posted this across the few forums that I frequent in hope that we can gain any amount of traction. I dont have Facebook and am not real avid on social media, but my Instagram is @the.jmo. thanks again guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've been a member here for a while, but this time unfortunately I'm asking for a different type of help, not related to our hobby.

I'm very sorry to hear this, and I can feel your pain.

I lost my father to cancer 20 years ago this July.

It's not an easy thing to say the least.

You have my thoughts and prayers, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've been a member here for a while, but this time unfortunately I'm asking for a different type of help, not related to our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear this, and I can feel your pain.

I lost my father to cancer 20 years ago this July.

It's not an easy thing to say the least.

You have my thoughts and prayers, man.
    Thank you. Cancer is truly the one thing that I'm scared of in life. One day you're fine, the next you're in a coma. And you wake up trying to figure out how you're life has changed, or how long you'll be around. And the awful part is it seems more and more prevalent every day.
    Some people never know until it's too late. In this case, it seems to have been caught early and there is great hope.
    So thank you again, and I'm sorry you went through it. It really takes its toll.

Post Thanks / Like

We are almost halfway to our goal! Thank you to anyone here who has donated I cant thank you enough or explain to you what it means. When Pat found out the support we have gained for him, he was emotionally thankful and astounded. Many donations have come from forum members, and community members who do not even know summer, pat or I personally. So again, thank you to anyone who has read, shared, or donated. It certainly has not gone without appreciation.
    If you haven't yet, and have a little time to take out of your day, please please head to the link and read the story, share with your friends, and If you can, throw out a few bucks. It's going to a great man and a good cause.