autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal with people nowadays?

“The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog." ― Mark Twain

2. Thanks PaulMys, BillE, Hammer77, Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, BillE, Hammer77, Jim w, Misterpaul and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I considered getting a dog again. It’s always an option.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:
    What Ms. De Shannon wrote and sang about
    ~50 years ago was apropos for not only that
    day and age; but, also, up to and including
    the present time period. And, I’ll add:

Hopefully, well into time eternal.
    To Wit:

”That position would not only be availing;
    but also quite dignified.”
    ~’Spock’(?)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

That's not cool at all. But I will say this: at my local supermarket, I choose the checkout line with the clerk that I know provides the worst customer service. I want the clerk to be the one that understands their job is to get me out of the store as fast as possible. There are ones that chat you up, talk about what you're buying, talk about sports, say "hey go back and get the coupon on this!", double-check your eggs, etc. This, to me and the people in front of me. When I see this happening I quietly and discreetly find another line, someone who will be impatient with me to type my PIN and get me on my way. If I don't have the patience to watch someone pay by check then I choose a different line. But politely...

Post Thanks / Like

I go food shopping real early in the morning to avoid having to wait as much and to get out of the store as quickly as possible. My strategy pretty much works all the time. I also get to park real far away in my favorite parking spot.

7. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy, Bobh59, UncleDavy, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Just had to post this experience I had today:

After work, I ran a few errands and the last stop was the grocery store to pick up a few things. I grabbed what the wife had written down, and a few things I wanted, and headed to the checkout.

When I got there, their was a young woman just finishing paying, but she forgot to apply a coupon. The cashier gladly redid the transaction for her (Took like 30 seconds). I hear a grunt and moan from behind me.

In front of me was an elderly women. Had to be at least 80. She only had about 7 items.

When the cashier scanned one of her items, it didn't reflect the sale price, so she questioned it.

The lip clicking and sighs from behind me was now SO audible that I just had to turn around, look at them and say "What in the hell is your problem? What if this was your own grandmother?" The party just rolled their eyes.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little sick of how most people have zero tolerance or compassion for others, and expect everything to instantly cater to themselves.

Rant over. Lol
    Wow see I'm a little confrontational. I would have turned around and ask was there something wrong with your throat? Then told the cashier to ring up my items slow AF and would have dared them to say something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes grisby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike02vr6 View Post
    I agree, it's the youth now they are so impatient. I do find myself impatient sometimes. But if it's an older lady questioning why something didn't reflect a sale price or paying by check. I just imagine them being my mother or grandmother. But OMG the teeth smacking sound when those people do that I want to punch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I saw it another way at an autoparts store the other day. A 20 something was in line ahead of me getting ready to check out when his phone rang. He kept talking and the cashier was waiting for him to pay and finally asked him if he was ready. He looked at the cashier and said can't you see I am on the phone!! The cashier immediately said NEXT in a raised voice and moved his items out of the way. The kid said he is next but on the phone, Cashier told him he is waiting on paying customers and asked him to move out of line. Kid demanded to talk to supervisor and the cashier said he is the supervisor and asked him to leave store.

Should of seen the smiling faces of others in line when he left albeit he left his air fresheners and Armor all on the counter. I looked at the guy behind me and said too bad, so sad and we both laughed.
    1972 Buick GS Stage 1
    1 of 728 made
    1 of 1 SCO color combo

11. Likes UncleDavy, MadMerc, ScottH, mike02vr6, Celabe and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s good the cashier got rid of that incredibly rude and clueless customer. The level of rudeness these days can be unprecedented.

13. Likes mike02vr6, Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a senior geek I ask my Dr. am I turning into an old irritable grouch, she says no KB your just tired of stupid people and nobody now a days has any common curtesy

15. Likes mike02vr6, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at a checkout one time and the same thing was happening in the line next to mine. It was really busy and one lady was huffing and puffing about it she turned around as if she wanted people to agree with her... Then man behind her said " lady I had a heart attack 3 months ago nothing bothers me anymore". That has always stuck with me

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes mike02vr6, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast