autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro Detailers and Insurance

After reading this post from Killrwheels...

C6 Gets Wrecked by Carolina Auto Masters - Warning

I got to thinking about some of the high end cars that get shown on this site and that got me wondering, do any of you carry insurance that would cover damage done accidentally to a customer's car? Having the fender of a 3 year old minivan resprayed might not be a bid deal, but I can imagine someone being pretty upset at the idea of having to have part of 100k+ car resprayed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Detailers and Insurance

I'm not worthy to call myself a pro detailer compared to the rest of you with full-time businesses, but do have some info. I schedule one car a week. I don't have insurance but wish that I did. My worst screw up could have been some $$$ but BMW took care of it. I refer a lot of people to another detailer. We have talked Insurance. He is paying 300+ a month for insurance. That plus buying his water daily and product is a sturdy overhead.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have an attorney write one hell of a good limited liability clause, and have every client sign prior to work otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm NOT an attorney, but I've worked in corporate litigation for over 4 years...

I doubt that you could write a clause that was so iron clad as to protect you from every potential suit... besides, with the cost of litigation, you don't even have to lose before you LOSE.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but if I had treatment like that and a BS runaround to boot, then I would be the one enjoying a vacation so to speak. And with the treatment I would expect to receive on my vacation........well let's just say I would get my payment beforehand.

It always is the honest, hardworking guy that's made to take the fall in almost every situation. The creeps and criminals almost always "walk" without much responsibilty being attributed to them for a problem.

It's always somebodies elses fault. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it and on, and on and on. Someone has to pay and the good guys shouldn't just have to "suck it up".

Post Thanks / Like

yes i am also curious about this to. Do you detailers have insurance and if so what does it cover and what are the average rates.!!!!