autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The base Stinger GT w/AWD is $40K, not $50K and that certainly makes a difference in monthly payments and I'm sorry, you get more car than what you get with a 3 series or Merc. I'm not saying it's you but I buy a car, not a badge and hopefully at some point the public gets educated at some point.
    Yes and no on getting more. The catch point in your statement above is that the Stinger is a big car and targets an A5 to A7 Shopper or a E-Class even S-Class size set of vehicles. People with money to buy those cars aren't shopping "value" nearly as much as they are Luxury. Money isn't the issue. There's a difference and Kia plays on the value side of life more than Luxury where buyers do count dollars more.

That said, the Accord is a roomy sedan that is more mid-sized. So is the Camry, Mazda 6, etc. just about every car where a buyer might be the better target market for Kia. However, they built and launched a car that's a larger hatchback not a mid sized sedan. Knowing the G70 would target that perhaps a smart move?.....but now the Stinger is playing in a size category that puts it up against the buying public which is more interested in a small SUV/CUV.

It's proving difficult to convince an Accord or Camry buyer to Step Up to a larger hatch back and those above the Kia aren't interested because the Luxury branding isn't there. Hate to say it but a 4-5" KIA badge doesn't scream Luxury no matter how nice it is. Not to a traditional Luxury buyer.

Triple play...
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Can't argue your points and your background, the Camry and Accord are staples but with available AWD you'd think they'd be able to take a bite out of the mid-sized segmentYes, I bought a KIA This is why I say HAVE PATIENCE KIAYes, I bought a KIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Can't argue your points and your background, the Camry and Accord are staples but with available AWD you'd think they'd be able to take a bite out of the mid-sized segmentYes, I bought a KIA This is why I say HAVE PATIENCE KIAYes, I bought a KIA
    Even the two from Japan are struggling in sedan sales. The Civic is out-selling the Accord as again, it's plenty big, scoots for a daily and is already pushing the finance limit of many Americans. That said, the Accord is a nice ride. Perhaps best in class IMO. Love the power of the 2.0T but I still think it was a McSteak for them to remove the silky smooth V6 option. Toyota was smart to keep it. 300hp is plenty and it has enough torque for a daily that you won't be unhappy with it. Reliability of a N/A Toyota will IMO outshine the long-term 2.0t in the end and that's one of the main reasons they sell so well.

I'm getting old and will have two kids entering college and thus I may buy and keep my personal one next time and if I do, a Lexus or even an Avalon is on the table as they both can be had cheap, a nice for what they offer and are super cruisers.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Loaded Camry XSE is almost $38K and just sayin' here, base Stinger GT w/AWD is $2K more, not a deal breaker and yeah, I hear yah on lease deals but maybe I look at it from the person who buys their carsYes, I bought a KIA

Post Thanks / Like

nice to see another alternative/option to the civic SI and in a manual transmission (IMO, this looks cleaner)! sorta reminds me of a baby Stinger....

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed and for 2020 it's the only one between it and the Elantra Sport to offer a manual nowYes, I bought a KIA

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Si’s won’t be manual anymore!? Agreed though that’s a very nice design too, like the red touches in the grille. From a massive Honda fan for over 20 years now, I can’t see how Honda are able to move these new Civics off the lot, horrid design imo.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Wait, Si’s won’t be manual anymore!? Agreed though that’s a very nice design too, like the red touches in the grille. From a massive Honda fan for over 20 years now, I can’t see how Honda are able to move these new Civics off the lot, horrid design imo.
    No, when I said IT, IT meaning the featured car here, the Elantra is its sibling but losing the manual option for 2020.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh gotchya! Thanks
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice to see another alternative/option to the civic SI and in a manual transmission (IMO, this looks cleaner)! sorta reminds me of a baby Stinger....

I've been a subscriber to Raiti's Rides for quite some time now and really liked this episode, also look at the blue thereYes, I bought a KIA I'd swap out those rims though but that's just nit picking. It's also great they (KIA) still offer 3 pedals in it, I mean it's a $600 option but you pay for something that makes the car more engaging, a bargain IMOYes, I bought a KIA

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast