autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    some auto manufacturers have been around for many decades and IMO should be better than what they are. if you don't make an updated product that competes (or is up to par) with others you have no one to blame except yourself. the automotive market is highly competitive and there are going to be other auto manufacturers more hungrier (aka: competition) and will try harder to push the envelope/boundaries (spending a lot of money on R&D and so forth) to not only make things easier/more convenient but safer for the consumer. Kia/Hyundai remind me of LG/Samsung but in the Automotive world and aren't slowing down anytime soon...
    Yea but sometimes it boils down to marketing and society’s perception, over actual substance... Make a great commercial and place it at the perfect time when the whole world is watching and see what happens. Heck, people were going nuts over sorry cars like the Dodge Dart, Mitsubishi Highlander [or is it Outlander]? and a bunch of other lame cars simply based on a captivating commercial.

The reality is that the smart buyers are outnumbered by the less smart who are hooked by what’s perceived to be “cool” or even high quality.. Just look at Mercedes Benz for example, they’re not top notch these days the way they’re perceived to be, at least their entry level vehicles aren’t. And their fake leather [aka M-Tex] is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen in any luxury vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea but sometimes it boils down to marketing and society’s perception, over actual substance... Make a great commercial and place it at the perfect time when the whole world is watching and see what happens. Heck, people were going nuts over sorry cars like the Dodge Dart, Mitsubishi Highlander [or is it Outlander]? and a bunch of other lame cars simply based on a captivating commercial.

The reality is that the smart buyers are outnumbered by the less smart who are hooked by what’s perceived to be “cool” or even high quality.. Just look at Mercedes Benz for example, they’re not top notch these days the way they’re perceived to be, at least their entry level vehicles aren’t. And their fake leather [aka M-Tex] is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen in any luxury vehicle.
    i wouldn't even consider a mercedes no matter how cool their commercials are especially if i needed a one vehicle daily driver (cost of ownership is too high and aren't known to be very reliable). one thing i've noticed with people who i come across (parking lot) with a Kia/Hyundai, they say they would buy another with no hesitation and quite a few say that it's their 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the family...

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't even consider a mercedes no matter how cool their commercials are especially if i needed a one vehicle daily driver (cost of ownership is too high and aren't known to be very reliable). one thing i've noticed with people who i come across (parking lot) with a Kia/Hyundai, they say they would buy another with no hesitation and quite a few say that it's their 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the family...
    I've owned/own both German and Korean and can say part of the factor that comes into play with MBZ or Audi is the owners aren't looking at realibility first. We tend to want the luxery and borderline exotic features and performance. We already know it's complicated and pricey to maintain and tend not to care as much. Contrast that with Korean brands that are typically bought but folks with less of an ability to not-care. Not sure if that makes sense or is really relative, but it's a factor that needs pointed out as it does come into play. Even more so when higher end cars are more often leased vs bought. Even on my Q50, I really don't care about longevity as it's going to be replaced in less than 3yrs and cost wise, warranty covers things including loaner cars, etc. even for basic maint. needs.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I've owned/own both German and Korean and can say part of the factor that comes into play with MBZ or Audi is the owners aren't looking at realibility first. We tend to want the luxery and borderline exotic features and performance. We already know it's complicated and pricey to maintain and tend not to care as much. Contrast that with Korean brands that are typically bought but folks with less of an ability to not-care. Not sure if that makes sense or is really relative, but it's a factor that needs pointed out as it does come into play. Even more so when higher end cars are more often leased vs bought. Even on my Q50, I really don't care about longevity as it's going to be replaced in less than 3yrs and cost wise, warranty covers things including loaner cars, etc. even for basic maint. needs.
    makes total sense, i was referring to buying not leasing...

Post Thanks / Like

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What is thatYes, I bought a KIA

Post Thanks / Like

some auto manufacturers have been around for many decades and IMO should be better than what they are. if you don't make an updated product that competes (or is up to par) with others you have no one to blame except yourself. the automotive market is highly competitive and there are going to be other auto manufacturers more hungrier (aka: competition) and will try harder to push the envelope/boundaries (spending a lot of money on R&D and so forth) to not only make things easier/more convenient but safer for the consumer. Kia/Hyundai remind me of LG/Samsung but in the Automotive world and aren't slowing down anytime soon...
    That's a very good comparisson! I remember around 1985 Lucky Goldstar was considered one of the worst tech company in the world. Then they changed their image, started using LG instead of Goldstar and by 1995 they had products of better quality than Sony and other market leaders.

Post Thanks / Like

makes total sense, i was referring to buying not leasing...
    makes a little more sense when buying but even there it's still applicable.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What is thatYes, I bought a KIA
    I think it's a Stinger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast