autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yes, I bought a KIA

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    You’ll be here in March right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah but doesn't look like our schedules will be matching up and we're leaving Sunday, enough time to pick up the exhaust from you and head back to Chicago. Summer sounds like a plan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Unfortunately in America SUV/CUVs sell better than cars. I believe Caddy’s #1 seller is the XT5 with roughly 68,000. ATS and CTS combined only totals 23,400 units. Hell, even the Escalade moved 22,900 vehicles.

Yea I understand... It’s a shame that’s the reality of things. Gotta produce what sells and that’s all that really matters.

Did they really make only 2,000 or so Eldorados that last year in 2002? That’s crazy considering way back in the days they sold like 35,000 Eldos in 82’[or something like that, my numbers could be wrong because that’s also about what they cost in 82’]

Fleetwood Brougham, Sedan Deville, even the once popular STS were deserted by consumers and there was no other choice but the make changes and make them fast or else... If it wasn’t for the Escalade & CTS [both of which I’ve always disliked] who knows what might’ve happened.

Kind of ironic I happen to be detailing a CTS as I type this. Lol. It’s my brothers.Yes, I bought a KIA

Post Thanks / Like

1 of my brothers text me last night, and what he started talking about tripped me out.. Keep in mind this isn’t my brother who has a Cadillac, he happens to drive a Honda Accord, but he starts off by telling me about some new Cadillac he saw on TV... I think you guys will trip out on this convo. Lol.

And then, outta nowhere he starts talking about the Kia Stinger. What the heck are the odds?!🤭Yes, I bought a KIAlol.

He’s seriously thinking about getting 1. Wow, I guess I gotta hand it to Kia, they’re really turning some heads nowadays..

...So the plan is to test drive the Kia Stinger and also the Cadillac CTS and CT6 soon. I’ll be coming along for the ride.Yes, I bought a KIA

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The saying "Build it and they will come" has some true meaning here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea I understand... It’s a shame that’s the reality of things. Gotta produce what sells and that’s all that really matters.

Did they really make only 2,000 or so Eldorados that last year in 2002? That’s crazy considering way back in the days they sold like 35,000 Eldos in 82’[or something like that, my numbers could be wrong because that’s also about what they cost in 82’]

Fleetwood Brougham, Sedan Deville, even the once popular STS were deserted by consumers and there was no other choice but the make changes and make them fast or else... If it wasn’t for the Escalade & CTS [both of which I’ve always disliked] who knows what might’ve happened.

Kind of ironic I happen to be detailing a CTS as I type this. Lol. It’s my brothers.Yes, I bought a KIA

Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Cadillacs. I have only detailed 2 in my life... but I was really not impressed. Am not sure what a Cadillac ATS
    sells for, but when I compare them to the Audis and BMWs I usually work on, it felt cheap. Also, it had this seriously annoying entertainment system that anytime you
    touched it (even with the power off and the keys not even in the car) it would collapse on itself and retract inside the enclosure. After trying to clean it for 15 minutes I
    gave up on it. Owner was probably curious why the car was in mint condition inside except the infotainment screen

I think the americal car industry needs to wake up and up their quality. The cars are not even cheaper than imports anymore. When I shopped for my car in 2016, I was
    thinking I might for for the Ford Festiva ST, it seems like a very nice Hot Hatch and the reviews about how fun it was to drive were compelling. Then when I started shopping,
    it was super expensive compared to other cars in it's category... and Ford has less than a stellar reputation for reliability and customer support... so in the end I went for a Kia
    Rio which was better equiped and had a better warranty. I even decided against the Hatchback and went with the Sedan... really happy about my purchase so far. Especially when
    I keep reading about Ford transmissions being a source of many troubles for their owners. I don't know if Festiva transmissions are in that lot, but when you read some people are on
    their 5th transmission in 4 years... OUCH!

Post Thanks / Like

If some people are embarassed about the Kia logo it is from lack of knowledge. Kia has been dominating the industry for the last 5 years for best value for money and for having the best warranty, which means they are confident in the reliability of their products. Compare that to Nissan who sells the GTR with Launch Control, but if you use it more than 5 times you loose your warranty... LOL talk about a ridiculous implementation of a feature

The only thing I don't like about the Kia badge is that it's petty plain looking. I might change it for something cooler. But it's such a small detail. I really like the Style of Kia cars. They look almost European in some aspects. The Stinger is beautiful, but their entire line looks good.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    1 of my brothers text me last night, and what he started talking about tripped me out.. Keep in mind this isn’t my brother who has a Cadillac, he happens to drive a Honda Accord, but he starts off by telling me about some new Cadillac he saw on TV... I think you guys will trip out on this convo. Lol.

And then, outta nowhere he starts talking about the Kia Stinger. What the heck are the odds?!🤭Yes, I bought a KIAlol.

He’s seriously thinking about getting 1. Wow, I guess I gotta hand it to Kia, they’re really turning some heads nowadays..

...So the plan is to test drive the Kia Stinger and also the Cadillac CTS and CT6 soon. I’ll be coming along for the ride.Yes, I bought a KIA
    Yes, I bought a KIAYes, I bought a KIA That’s awesome! Other than the few negative Nancy’s here, EVERY review of the car has been very positive. I’m 2 weeks in and couldn’t be happier with my decision. You can get a RWD base GT for about $38,350. AWD adds $2,200.

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to jump off track, but since warranty has come up. I have a co worker who owns a KIA, don't know the model, one of the smaller ones. However sometime ago in a brief conversation she said that KIA told her she has to get her oil changed at the dealer or her warranty could be voided. Any truth to that?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds illegalYes, I bought a KIA

13. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I told her it was BS, wasn't sure how they operated

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast