autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 351 of 354 FirstFirst ... 251301341342343344345346347348349350351352353354 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 3536
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    How cold does it get where you are, Chilly?
    Mid winter temps average about 10 degrees Fahrenheit, although we will get spikes up into the low 40s and it can and does drop to 20-25 below zero for extended periods

The wind where I live can be fierce so we have some really nasty windchill temps

Summers highs average about 70 and rarely go over the mid 80s although we have had some mid 90s occasionally and people are miserable

It was 26 this morning but its really sunny today and expected to hit 40, spring is on the way

2. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Washed down beehives to get ready to paint

Hyper Wash and fender brush

Warm water wipe down

I wonder if anyone has ever ceramic coated a beehive?

Hmmmm What did you do today non-detailing related?

New side hustle?
    Flashbacks to when I used to use Griot's Waterless Car Wash to clean the sliding glass patio doors (works great to clean off the dog nose art) - when it was boxelder bug season, they'd fly and land on the glass, but then slowly slide down the glass regardless how fast they tried to climb. Speaking of, I should order more'a that stuff, nothing else has ever worked like that...

Though I suppose Ceramic Coatings have more of a rep for not being so slick.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    What do you do with the bees in the winter?
    For some reason my brain jumps to picturing Chilly with a big netted in enclosure inside next to the couch, just relaxing and watching netflix with the bees for the off season.

4. Likes chilly, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Flashbacks to when I used to use Griot's Waterless Car Wash to clean the sliding glass patio doors (works great to clean off the dog nose art) - when it was boxelder bug season, they'd fly and land on the glass, but then slowly slide down the glass regardless how fast they tried to climb. Speaking of, I should order more'a that stuff, nothing else has ever worked like that...

Though I suppose Ceramic Coatings have more of a rep for not being so slick.

For some reason my brain jumps to picturing Chilly with a big netted in enclosure inside next to the couch, just relaxing and watching netflix with the bees for the off season.
    I use ONR more for around the house than I do on the car so I know what you mean

Nose art...

LMAO

Nope, the bees inside won't work

They keep going after my coffee and that is NOT happening

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR more for around the house than I do on the car so I know what you mean

Nose art...

LMAO

Nope, the bees inside won't work

They keep going after my coffee and that is NOT happening

Maybe I should try Wolfgang Uber Rinseless on the glass- tried it on the fridge once and not a d4mn magnet would stay in place after..

7. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I learned in my class the majority of hobby beekeepers just let them die and get new bees each spring

But a box of bees and 1 queen is $250 so some people up here with dozens and dozens of hives go to great lengths to try and overwinter their bees because they get a small jumpstart on the rest of the people who buy new bees every year, not to mention the cost savings

They will keep their hives in sheds that are heated to above freezing and give the bees enough food to hopefully keep them over the winter

There is a guy not far from me that rents out wintering space

There are other methods people are employing from wrapping the hives in heavy thermal blankets to tarping them with a light bulb, on and on

I am honestly not sure where the break even point would be given the cost of utilities up here

There are a LOT of bee businesses up in the Fairbanks area and you are talking winters with months of 30-40-50 below so I don't know how effective overwintering up there would be

There are 5 varieties of bees available up here and some people opt for the more cold weather strains to help overwinter but at the cost of honey production

It is amazing how simple it can be as a hobby, or how complicated it can be as a business
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. So it's worth more than $250 a year to have bees?

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. So it's worth more than $250 a year to have bees?
    Apparently it can be

The guy who was selling out and moving that sold my wife a hive had some Japanese buyers who bought every gallon of honey they could get there hands on for export to Japan and he claimed at a premium price

You can sell a quart jar around here at craft fairs for $50 or more depending on what plants the bees have been working on, clover honey is cheaper and fireweed honey is more

Honestly my wife decided to try it for fun and not worrying about profit but there are some serious players up here and in the Fairbanks area and they can make some big bucks

When you get to the stage where you have hundreds of hives in multiple locations I would think wintering your bees would be an absolute must dollar wise

A single new hive is about $450 unpainted but ready to go, a bee suit and accessories can set you back $200, you have to buy large quantities of sugar to make feed to get them started before the flowers bloom, you need "pollen cakes" for the new brood boxes, and I am sure there are other initial expenses I have forgotten, plus the bees of course, so you can spend $1,000 to get one hive up and going

I personally don't see the financial logic but hey, I spend $15 on a single Rupe's yellow wool pad and she thinks I am nuts, plus the largest part of our money is actually hers so she can do whatever she wants

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

I saw these wheels posted on Offer Up the other day and I decided to troll this guy because, who goes through the trouble of putting dirty wheels inside trash bags in order to protect them from getting dirty? That’s just plain lazy or at worst stupid. Lol.

Here’s the ridiculous question I asked him. Lol.

Not surprised they didn’t sell and are now “unlisted”

12. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I saw these wheels posted on Offer Up the other day and I decided to troll this guy because, who goes through the trouble of putting dirty wheels inside trash bags in order to protect them from getting dirty? That’s just plain lazy or at worst stupid. Lol.

Here’s the ridiculous question I asked him. Lol.

Not surprised they didn’t sell and are now “unlisted”
    Absolutely ridiculous, your shooting yourself in the footWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes Eldorado2k, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous, your shooting yourself in the footWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It’s amazing how bad most people are at taking photos of stuff they want to sell.

16. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s amazing how bad most people are at taking photos of stuff they want to sell.
    Something that has me wondering as well, especially with people attempting to sell a car.

You know the sort, several out of focus random photos, usually late at night or pointing into the sun, none of them relevant or helpful. In most cases, they don't even bother to remove the empty bottles and food wrappers, let alone vacuum the carpet mats. Engine bay covered in dust. And yet, they word the advertisement as if they have something special, as if they are doing you a favor selling it to you.

18. Likes chilly, Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 351 of 354 FirstFirst ... 251301341342343344345346347348349350351352353354 LastLast