autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 348 of 354 FirstFirst ... 248298338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354 LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3539
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Donating plasma and using the funds to buy detailing supplies the wife doesn’t know about….. smart…..

What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Donating plasma and using the funds to buy detailing supplies the wife doesn’t know about….. smart…..

What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

We don't get paid for blood or plasma donations here, it's purely voluntary. Although you do get a drink and a snack at the end, but that's about making sure you don't pass out afterwards.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    We don't get paid for blood or plasma donations here, it's purely voluntary. Although you do get a drink and a snack at the end, but that's about making sure you don't pass out afterwards.

Not even a MF or a QD! Seriously good on you…

4. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another plasma donation.

That's one Big ass needle Dave yeah been taking it easy with the whole detailing stuff at the moment, I check in every now and again i bought my nephews Toyota Camry it's a 2006 model ACV40 nothing special it's transportation at the moment since his operation some complication were found. And untill the COVID prices come down this will have to do BUT i want something nice next car around.

6. Likes Big Dave, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    That's one Big ass needle Dave yeah been taking it easy with the whole detailing stuff at the moment, I check in every now and again i bought my nephews Toyota Camry it's a 2006 model ACV40 nothing special it's transportation at the moment since his operation some complication were found. And untill the COVID prices come down this will have to do BUT i want something nice next car around.
    Sorry to hear of your cousin's complications, I hope he gets well soon.

Nothing wrong with having reliable transportation, especially if it's part of a plan to get you into something more desirable.

That big ass needle is connected to a complicated machine that flashes and beeps at you. With a blood donation they draw it out and you're done in less than 10 minutes, with plasma, they draw out about 80ml a time, spin it up and separate the red cells from the plasma, then keep drawing it till they have 879ml of plasma, then they mix the red cells with some saline and pump it back in, so your volume stays up, it takes just over an hour. With plasma you can donate every 2 weeks, but with blood you have to wait 3 months.

8. Likes Tasmania, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a bad look when the people that donated pile up around the entryway.

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That big ass needle is connected to a complicated machine that flashes and beeps at you. With a blood donation they draw it out and you're done in less than 10 minutes, with plasma, they draw out about 80ml a time, spin it up and separate the red cells from the plasma, then keep drawing it till they have 879ml of plasma, then they mix the red cells with some saline and pump it back in, so your volume stays up, it takes just over an hour. With plasma you can donate every 2 weeks, but with blood you have to wait 3 months.
    When I "donated" plasma in college, we could do it twice a week. Also got paid for it. Not sure how much they took.

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Access to this page has been denied

This article was very interesting. It's from 2017.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

14. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Access to this page has been denied

This article was very interesting. It's from 2017.

I was a subscriber back then, so I probably have this article somewhere. And I would have read this at the time, as I loved doing laps of the Ring, in Gran Turismo. I can't remember what my record was, but I might try and look it up tonight. I do remember that my limit was about 2 or 3 laps before I started to lose concentration and make silly mistakes.

On manufacturer lap times, I pretty much expected that they couldn't really be compared, or really trusted, to be honest.

Wasn't it James May who said that the Nurburgring basically ruined the ride of most performance cars, if a car's handling was developed on the ring, he knew it would be horrible to drive on normal public roads.

16. Likes PouncingPanzer, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a subscriber back then, so I probably have this article somewhere. And I would have read this at the time, as I loved doing laps of the Ring, in Gran Turismo. I can't remember what my record was, but I might try and look it up tonight. I do remember that my limit was about 2 or 3 laps before I started to lose concentration and make silly mistakes.

On manufacturer lap times, I pretty much expected that they couldn't really be compared, or really trusted, to be honest.

Wasn't it James May who said that the Nurburgring basically ruined the ride of most performance cars, if a car's handling was developed on the ring, he knew it would be horrible to drive on normal public roads.

Same, I used to get the magazine, I only kept the ones with cars I liked on the cover, not even sure where those are packed away to. My favorite issue ever had the 2009 F430 Scuderia pitted against the then new V10 R8.

You say this as I lap it in Forza Motorsport, which is why I got curious. I did a mediocre 7:17 in a '99 Diablo GTR with slicks. I was hoping for under 7, I csn get there with some more laps. I tried running my Toyota TS040 Hybrid but the course is difficult with a thoroughbred race car like that. Turns come REALLY fast lol.

James May hates the ring, the lack kf structure behind the "lap records" is likely a factor. But he hated cars for it because he said it made the engineers make the suspensions too firm for regular use. To his point, you don't take a racetrack to the store. Though, that does sound fun.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

18. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 348 of 354 FirstFirst ... 248298338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353354 LastLast