autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Mowed the lawn, now I'm watching the last few hours of the Bathurst 12 hour endurance race. It's mostly Mercedes AMGs, Porsches, BMWs, and Audi's, 2 McLaren Arturas, with a lone Lamborghini, a Ginetta, and some I haven't heard of, IRC GT, MARC II V8s and something called a Vortex 10. And it's raining at the track now, so it could get interesting.
    Spent a bunch of time driving that track on a simulator a friend had at my work - it’s madness and I absolutely love it. Clicked into a highlight reel - worth watching at least the first few minutes for anyone not familiar with the track:

2. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Spent a bunch of time driving that track on a simulator a friend had at my work - it’s madness and I absolutely love it. Clicked into a highlight reel - worth watching at least the first few minutes for anyone not familiar with the track:

I've actually driven the track a few times, at legal speeds, it's a normal 2 way road when not being used as a racetrack. A few people actually live on the circuit, with properties on Mountain Straight and Conrod Straight. I've also walked it once, just because, it took just over 2 hours, with a rest break at the top.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

4. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some time to kill at the shopping centre today, so I wandered into the "toy" store, and no, I didn't buy anything, even the cheapest kit in this pic is $70, the Fast & Furious kits are $100. Once again we get hammered on prices.

6. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It almost feels like there's a glitch in the matrix, I mowed the lawn again today, and now I'm watching cars racing around Bathurst, again. This time it's the V8 Supercars though.

To show you the kind of humidity, rain, and heat we're getting at the moment, after mowing last weekend, check out the size of this mushroom that grew out of our front lawn in just 1 week. And we've never had mushrooms growing anywhere in our lawn before.

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty freaky to see a Ryobi tool on the other side of the world--do you have Home Depot there also, or is Ryobi sold by someone else down under (here in the US Ryobi is a captive brand of Home Depot, although it's made for them by Ridgid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's pretty freaky to see a Ryobi tool on the other side of the world--do you have Home Depot there also, or is Ryobi sold by someone else down under (here in the US Ryobi is a captive brand of Home Depot, although it's made for them by Ridgid.
    Ryobi is exclusively sold by Bunnings in Australia, they're very similar to your Home Depot. They do sell other brands, but only they can sell Ryobi. There are other places that sell other brands as well, but Bunnings is the biggest. The one thing Bunnings has the Home Depot doesn't, if you go there on weekends they have a sausage sizzle, basically a BBQ where you get a sausage on a piece of bread with onions and your choice of sauce, they're usually run by a local sporting team or charity to raise money for whatever they need.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Home Depot used to have a Dunkin' Donuts inside--but nothing like that!

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went down to the big smoke, Sydney. An hour and a half on the freeway at 70mph, or the metric equivalent 112kmh. Nothing like a good freeway blast to clear the pipes.

Drove past my old house, gone, knocked down and a new house is nearing completion.

Called in at IKEA, we don't have any up my way, spent money on things I don't need.

Called in at my old work, just in time to see the warehouse I worked in for 32 years, and ran for about 20, completely empty. They were shutting it down, switching to using 3rd party logistics. I was invited for the closing "party", it was more about seeing some old friends.

Drove home through some of the heaviest rain and hail I've ever seen. It was crazy, trees down on the freeway, cars stopped all over the place with hazard lights on, some just in the middle of the road, others trying to hide from the hail under overpasses. The south bound lanes were completely blocked at one spot while all 3 lanes and the 2 emergency lanes blocked with cars hiding under an overpass and refusing to move as the traffic just lined up behind them. I'm pretty sure I have some damage, but it only appears to be on the roof, the hood and sides look fine, I'll have a closer look tomorrow, try and get some pictures. What I've seen so far looks very small and insignificant. I'll also save some dash cam footage, it should be wild.

15. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished a painting for a friend…
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_0445-jpg

17. Likes bill walsh, Big Dave, DFB, Odrapnew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Ryobi is exclusively sold by Bunnings in Australia, they're very similar to your Home Depot. They do sell other brands, but only they can sell Ryobi. There are other places that sell other brands as well, but Bunnings is the biggest. The one thing Bunnings has the Home Depot doesn't, if you go there on weekends they have a sausage sizzle, basically a BBQ where you get a sausage on a piece of bread with onions and your choice of sauce, they're usually run by a local sporting team or charity to raise money for whatever they need.

My Home Depot use to have a hot dog stand. I don’t think anymore….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 344 of 353 FirstFirst ... 244294334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353 LastLast