autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Was out running some errands today, got pulled over. Not for speeding, this is a Random Breath and Drug Testing setup, although I didn't have to do the drug test, just count into the device and show him my licence. FYI our alcohol limit over here is 0.05. These guys will be a lot more active in the lead up to Christmas. Pics are captured from my dashcam.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Was out running some errands today, got pulled over. Not for speeding, this is a Random Breath and Drug Testing setup, although I didn't have to do the drug test, just count into the device and show him my licence. FYI our alcohol limit over here is 0.05. These guys will be a lot more active in the lead up to Christmas. Pics are captured from my dashcam.

A Chrysler 300 and BMW 5 series police car, WTHWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    A Chrysler 300 and BMW 5 series police car, WTHWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

That's because Falcons and Commodores went extinct. And the Bimmer is a diesel, 530d.

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

And guess what I have to tolerate in town this weekend......................

A certain event called Spring Car Nats, basically a bogan festival where the gap-tooth yobbo's do burnouts until something breaks. At the end of the weekend, they crown a burnout winner. They hold this thing at the local showgrounds, basically in the middle of town, poisoning the air with burnt rubber and obnoxious noise. Police presence in town is HEAVY, especially so when a child was killed because a certain group of individuals decided to prove their manhood on the street. The event was nearly cancelled because of that, instead the most of the towel hibernates rather than risk the idiots and the police. I actually refuse to drive my Mustang or XR8 on during this weekend, just not worth the potential police grievance or the di.ks wanting to race you at the lights.

It's funny, people assume that because I like cars, that I would love this event. No, just no.

Some video content on this pointless endeavor.

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, your not aloneWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

I also don't like burnouts, wanna see that, go to the dragstrip, they do it about every couple minutesWhat did you do today non-detailing related? As far as stoplight action, well, I'm no saint, especially when I had my old Cqprice Classic and Grand National, so I'm not going to sound like a hipocrit here.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, your not aloneWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

I also don't like burnouts, wanna see that, go to the dragstrip, they do it about every couple minutesWhat did you do today non-detailing related? As far as stoplight action, well, I'm no saint, especially when I had my old Cqprice Classic and Grand National, so I'm not going to sound like a hipocrit here.

The event is held on a large skid pan, in effect giving those who enjoy that sort of thing a safe place to do it and keeping it off the street. But it also tends to give the young one's the idea they can do it too, that's where it becomes a problem and one of the reasons the young girl was killed on a public road.

I'm no saint on the road either, but the key thing is to do so out of other drivers' way. Living in the country, that is certainly a benefit, there are plenty of quiet roads out to enjoy your car without harming others.

11. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The event is held on a large skid pan, in effect giving those who enjoy that sort of thing a safe place to do it and keeping it off the street. But it also tends to give the young one's the idea they can do it too, that's where it becomes a problem and one of the reasons the young girl was killed on a public road.

I'm no saint on the road either, but the key thing is to do so out of other drivers' way. Living in the country, that is certainly a benefit, there are plenty of quiet roads out to enjoy your car without harming others.
    It's the thing I don't get about drifting, the car is out of control and you need to control THAT What did you do today non-detailing related? It's all about an LS in a small, Japanese car (i.e. Nissan 240SX) smoking the tires constantly and having another car next to you doing the same thing, sometimes and it's just not my cup of tea, not because I'm 53 yrs old but rather someone that gets something entirely different out of being a car guy.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, you're good.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Doing another tomorrow.
    Looks delicious!

17. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went indoor 'downhill' skiing on a carpeted treadmill and finished up drywalling the garage.

It's been over 12 years since I put on skis and this was brutal. Quads and calves were worn out. It was much different than normal skiing, basically had to snowplow the whole time. My 12yr old daughter picked it up quick and was rockin' it. I guess it helps she's been doing dryland training for ski team.

Garage just needs shelving and cleanup, which should be done tomorrow.

Page 326 of 353 FirstFirst ... 226276316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336 ... LastLast