autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Did you get just a straight up oil / oil filter change and inspection, because i think you could do that Dave only take 1 hour and no jack just slide right under.
    It was the equivalent of the 70k service, even though it's only done 32k. It's 6 years old now, so there's a few things they check and adjust, I prefer to let them do their thing, all up it was less than $300. She noticed a difference driving it too, so quiet she had to keep checking the tacho to make sure it was running when she stopped at the lights. The oil that was in it looked fine, but was 2 years old, so it was making more noise at idle. I just took it "around the block" which includes a good section where you get up to 100kmh, very smooth and quiet, no creaks or rattles, still feels like a new car.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes bill walsh, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Tried to pick a window from the hourly forecast to cut grass. One says rain and the other don't. So went out and started it. Got it done. 15 minutes later it rained. That was close! Lot of rain last week. And PA was dealing with the smoke and haze from the wildfires this week. Very poor air quality.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekly lawn care, then an oil change on my 24-year old Poulan Pro push mower.

U.S. made Briggs 6.5hp that has started on one pull since the day it came out of the box.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got some alignment bars and honoring bar and compound for some scope rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It was the equivalent of the 70k service, even though it's only done 32k. It's 6 years old now, so there's a few things they check and adjust, I prefer to let them do their thing, all up it was less than $300. She noticed a difference driving it too, so quiet she had to keep checking the tacho to make sure it was running when she stopped at the lights. The oil that was in it looked fine, but was 2 years old, so it was making more noise at idle. I just took it "around the block" which includes a good section where you get up to 100kmh, very smooth and quiet, no creaks or rattles, still feels like a new car.

$300 that's CHEAP yeah at that price i would pay someone else to,

The average service on my mum's VW Amarok is $600 and i can tell you a good 70% is them just looking and ticking box's.

Next car for her better be Japanese

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you may know I use my Lincoln to drive customers to the airports. This one just happen to have a whole learjet to himself.
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_7272-jpgWhat did you do today non-detailing related?-img_7277-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After driving around the g/f's Cruze in the afternoon, during heavy rains (the EN was hard parked CLEAN, LOL) I took it through the touch-free wash tonight. The pre-wash was Griot's Garage Foaming Surface wash (3 oz to 1 gallon of distilled) and I must say it did a pretty good job!

Once it was dried off and driven home I applied some 303 Tire Balm to finish things off. Speaking of that product, it's been discontinued, for some reason and that sucksWhat did you do today non-detailing related?️ For one I really like it, had a slight "blueing" when applied and left a nice sheen and to a much lesser extent, I was a beta tester for it years ago where I had 3 different samples to test and had to pass along detailed info on particulars about each one of the samples.

I will surely miss this unique product once my bottle is empty...anyone got some to trade/sellWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Police knocked on our door this afternoon, there were a number of break-ins in our local neighbourhood overnight, both houses and cars. It happened around 3-5am, they were breaking into houses through people's back yards, I told them we have dogs, and the side gates are padlocked, so if they jump over, they'll have to try and climb back out with 1 or 2 dogs attached, they found that quite funny. None of the houses directly around me were affected, but between ours and the 6 houses surrounding us there's at least 10 dogs, and we didn't hear anything, so I'm guessing they avoided our direct area. I saw on Facebook that quite a few people got good camera footage of them, and their car, they also used a stolen credit card straight away at a local gas station, so it shouldn't take long to catch up with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    The Police knocked on our door this afternoon, there were a number of break-ins in our local neighbourhood overnight, both houses and cars. It happened around 3-5am, they were breaking into houses through people's back yards, I told them we have dogs, and the side gates are padlocked, so if they jump over, they'll have to try and climb back out with 1 or 2 dogs attached, they found that quite funny. None of the houses directly around me were affected, but between ours and the 6 houses surrounding us there's at least 10 dogs, and we didn't hear anything, so I'm guessing they avoided our direct area. I saw on Facebook that quite a few people got good camera footage of them, and their car, they also used a stolen credit card straight away at a local gas station, so it shouldn't take long to catch up with them.

Glad to hear you were not affected, I'm home alone with just the cat at the moment did feel safer with the dog albeit 2.5kg of her but bloody good hearing.

I'm sick of all these kids breaking into houses and then showing the world via social media what they do.

17. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
Page 290 of 353 FirstFirst ... 190240280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300340 ... LastLast