autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Cut grass this morning. Don't like to do it before work but calling for rain this weekend. Really thinking about stepping up to a rider. Or Toro makes a time cutter 30" self-propelled push mower. 2 blades. Kind of a bridge if you don't want to get into a rider.

Toro | Toro TimeMaster(R) 30 Inch Walk Behind Lawn Mower

I was curious enough to walk over and look at it. Nice mower. But then the BAD BOY really caught my eye. 25" self propelled beast!

Commercial Self Propelled Push Lawn Mower - Bad Boy Mowers

I looked at a number of Toro's, including the TimeMaster.

However, I haven't heard many good things about the TimeMaster. The main complaint seems to be around the engine not being stout enough to run two blades while also providing forward drive. Thats despite it having a larger 223 cc engine. I also know a contractor that had several expensive failures within a very short period.

If you have a larger area, you may as well get a rider over the TimeMaster, be that a zero-turn or tractor.

If staying with a walk behind, then a smaller 21/22/24-inch mower will be more maneuverable and less taxing on your body trying to manhandle something as big as the TimeMaster, even with self-propel.

Those Bad Boy mowers look very stout. I would also look at the commercial grade Toro's -

| Toro

The Kabota's would also be good to look at. I like how those have a cast alloy deck rather than pressed steel, you would likely wear the engine out before the deck. They also have a 3 speed gearbox with a drive shaft rather than a belt (no belt changes!) -

Mowers - Walk-Behind Mowers - WGC6-21 | Kubota
    Mowers - Walk-Behind Mowers - WG6-21 | Kubota
    https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defau...rsn=a32f11cd_8

Would love to hear what you choose.

2. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Replaced one of the old gate valves with a ball valve and 'repacked' the stem seal on the other. Both the old ones were leaking past the stem and tightening the packing nuts didn't help anymore.

The old packing on the valves was almost solid. I had to torch it to heat it up in order to scrape it out.

Also turns out the first valve doesn't completely close, so there was a slow flow of water as I was installing the new valve.

Ignore the fact that the new valve is not vertical or horizontal. I couldn't get the left pipe any tighter with the tools I had and my 5 gallon bucket was filling up.

At least now I can completely shut the water off if needed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

4. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the job of cutting down a Camphor Laurel that sprung up and grew unnoticed up and through an Oleander hedge and a Gleditsia. That mean choosing one of the fleet............

Well, it was the 028AV Super that got the job today..................

I have only used this on a couple of test logs before today and was impressed then, and even more impressed after today. What an awesome little saw! It's also very well balanced and fits me very well. So happy I have this saw in my care.

And yes, I run this saw loud and proud so that everyone in a 2-mile radius could hear it running.

6. Likes Big Dave, bill walsh, opie, dgage, SNP209 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I had the job of cutting down a Camphor Laurel that sprung up and grew unnoticed up and through an Oleander hedge and a Gleditsia. That mean choosing one of the fleet............

Well, it was the 028AV Super that got the job today..................

I have only used this on a couple of test logs before today and was impressed then, and even more impressed after today. What an awesome little saw! It's also very well balanced and fits me very well. So happy I have this saw in my care.

And yes, I run this saw loud and proud so that everyone in a 2-mile radius could hear it running.
    Those things are hard to kill. We had one cut down at my old house about 15 years ago, they poisoned the stump because it was too big to remove, it kept shooting up all over the place till we left 3 years ago, last I heard the guy that brought the land has wrecked 2 stump grinders trying to get rid of it. Here's street view from 2008 showing how big it was. That's my old Pathfinder in front of it.

Funny thing I remember about that day, it was very hot, and it was a 5 man team, all in shorts and singlets, except one guy in long trousers and long sleeve shirt, he was allergic to campher Laurel trees, even covered up he was having a bad day.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Did a ‘Taste of the Track’ with PCA yesterday at Mid Ohio; 2 sessions w instructor in their car sandwiched around 1 session driving my car w instructor riding shotgun & then debrief/classroom time. Awesome fun but info overload first time on track; correct line, corner flags, passing protocols…all while keeping it outta the weeds What did you do today non-detailing related?

I can see why they keep sessions to 20-30 minutes…intense 20 minutes!

Enough fun overall that I’ll likely do full weekend in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nice I had a friend there this weekend. Track days are a lot of fun but expensive What did you do today non-detailing related?

I need to get to that track have only done NCM and Putnam.

Ryan

10. Likes opie, BudgetPlan1, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched guy ritchies The Covenant last night in theater.

Exellent movie, i would recommend. Shows how we really screwed over and turned our backs to so many with our discusting/shameful afgan pullout.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbabz71 View Post
    Nice I had a friend there this weekend. Track days are a lot of fun but expensive What did you do today non-detailing related?

I need to get to that track have only done NCM and Putnam.

Figure around $500 a weekend, add $350 or so if you go with track insurance so definitely a bit pricey. Once or twice a season seems doable.

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Watched guy ritchies The Covenant last night in theater.

Exellent movie, i would recommend. Shows how we really screwed over and turned our backs to so many with our discusting/shameful afgan pullout.

Saw in theatre yesterday as well, good show. Guy Ritchie does some interesting stuff; Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch were fun.

14. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw in theatre yesterday as well, good show. Guy Ritchie does some interesting stuff; Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch were fun.
    Never watched those two, will look intoWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

16. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Never watched those two, will look intoWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

They’re definitely a bit lighter than Covenant What did you do today non-detailing related?

Have been going to movies more these days, movies used to be more of a chore when it was single theatre, staring at back of someone’s head the whole time. Can’t believe it took so many years to come up with smaller theaters in multiplexes, stadium seating, recliners, tables in armrests.

Then again, 2 people going to a movie at 4:15 in the afternoon didn’t cost $32 like it did yesterday but guess ya can’t have it all What did you do today non-detailing related?

I did balk at the $1.85 per ticket fee to purchase online tix prior to show…that just seemed offensive…kinda like if the grocery store charged me $1.85 a bag to bag my own groceries.

18. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They’re definitely a bit lighter than Covenant What did you do today non-detailing related?

Have been going to movies more these days, movies used to be more of a chore when it was single theatre, staring at back of someone’s head the whole time. Can’t believe it took so many years to come up with smaller theaters in multiplexes, stadium seating, recliners, tables in armrests.

Then again, 2 people going to a movie at 4:15 in the afternoon didn’t cost $32 like it did yesterday but guess ya can’t have it all What did you do today non-detailing related?

I did balk at the $1.85 per ticket fee to purchase online tix prior to show…that just seemed offensive…kinda like if the grocery store charged me $1.85 a bag to bag my own groceries.

Wohaaa!! Thats a bit more price than my area. $24 for two late night tickets plus 2.50 total booking fee. I thought that was bs!

We usually dont go to movies, as usually not many movies catch enough of our interest. Last ones we saw was top gun maverick and newest jurassic park.

So happy for the better.. also reclining seating and being able to choose your seats ahead of time. Makes it nice to better enjoy shows in comfort. More places should upgrade to the better stadium/reclining seating.

20. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 266 of 353 FirstFirst ... 166216256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276316 ... LastLast