autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Made clear ice for cocktails, etc.

2. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Coatingsarecrack, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Did you use a cooler or did the molds do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Did you use a cooler or did the molds do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The mold comes with a small cooler essentially so the ice only freezes from the top. And there are holes in the ice cube mold to allow air/impurities to get forced out the bottom while it's freezing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    That is sick, its like you froze beads in mid air that are bouncing off a ceramic coated hood.

High contact angle ice! Lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I played around with the activity tracking on my Garmin Instinct Solar when I walked the dogs this morning. It's crazy that you can see every spot they stopped to sniff, and maybe pee, on the map. It gives some very cool info, but it will wipe a couple of days off the charge for every walk like this you track.

And Google still hasn't updated the aerial view of my suburb, all those streets now have houses in them, I don't live in the middle of a field.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So i mow my nighbours nature strip as well as getting to the places a ride on can't with a whipper snipper i think the American's call them a weed whacker?

Anyway my nighbour is retired and has 7 day's to himself but looks after 3 dogs during the week, his 73 and fit no health problems always worked a desk job.

What shits me is i go out of my way to help but i get not even a thank you for these jobs, that i do so i purposely did not mow anything in his yard for a month, and in that time he has done NOTHING didn't even go outside etc.

So yesterday i went next door and i was shocked at how long everything was how bad it really is with out my help, i was thinking of helping him but this is where my RANT is i don't offer much for my services, i don't get a thank you and he takes my kindness for weakness SO i turned my back and walked away from the job and it felt weird but i'm glad i did. I know this is off topic a bit but i feel i need to vent better now.

9. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, Big Dave, dgage, oneheadlite, bill walsh and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I plastidipped my hood, covering up a very obvious clear coat repair, and hopefully preventing any further issues.

I've previously had a vinyl wrap in the same pattern. That cost me about $350, I had the shop put it on for me. This cost me less than $40, one spray can of matt black Plastidip, one painters plastic drop cloth, and the tape I already had.

The last pic shows an almost disaster. I saw a YouTube tip for popping the water squirters out, push a socket onto the underside, releasing the clips, looks easy, till the squirter pops out and the socket falls down inside the hood, and when you lower the hood, the socket rolls back down towards the hole, but you can't get your arm in with the hood lowered, so you raise the hood and it rolls inside again. It would have been two annoyances in one, the rattling from inside the hood, and knowing my socket set was now incomplete. Luckily my magnetic pick up tool went in far enough, and I could manoeuvre it carefully to rotate it back out.

11. Thanks Tasmania thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I plastidipped my hood, covering up a very obvious clear coat repair, and hopefully preventing any further issues.

I've previously had a vinyl wrap in the same pattern. That cost me about $350, I had the shop put it on for me. This cost me less than $40, one spray can of matt black Plastidip, one painters plastic drop cloth, and the tape I already had.

The last pic shows an almost disaster. I saw a YouTube tip for popping the water squirters out, push a socket onto the underside, releasing the clips, looks easy, till the squirter pops out and the socket falls down inside the hood, and when you lower the hood, the socket rolls back down towards the hole, but you can't get your arm in with the hood lowered, so you raise the hood and it rolls inside again. It would have been two annoyances in one, the rattling from inside the hood, and knowing my socket was now incomplete. Luckily my magnetic pick up tool went in far enough, and I could manoeuvre it carefully to rotate it back out.

Sick job looks amazing, did you peel off the tape while a litte wet as to not lift the dip when dry.

I've always wanted to do a whole car in dessert tan or olive drab

13. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Sick job looks amazing, did you peel off the tape while a litte wet as to not lift the dip when dry.

I've always wanted to do a whole car in dessert tan or olive drab
    Yeah I peeled off the very fine green tape as soon as I finished the final coat, but I left the outer tape and plastic in place until it was dry to touch, I didn't want anything falling on it while still wet. I laid down 6 coats, the first 3 very light, then heavier at the end.

15. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    So i mow my nighbours nature strip as well as getting to the places a ride on can't with a whipper snipper i think the American's call them a weed whacker?

Anyway my nighbour is retired and has 7 day's to himself but looks after 3 dogs during the week, his 73 and fit no health problems always worked a desk job.

What shits me is i go out of my way to help but i get not even a thank you for these jobs, that i do so i purposely did not mow anything in his yard for a month, and in that time he has done NOTHING didn't even go outside etc.

So yesterday i went next door and i was shocked at how long everything was how bad it really is with out my help, i was thinking of helping him but this is where my RANT is i don't offer much for my services, i don't get a thank you and he takes my kindness for weakness SO i turned my back and walked away from the job and it felt weird but i'm glad i did. I know this is off topic a bit but i feel i need to vent better now.
    I have a similar story.

My first ever gardening job I landed was mowing the lawns outside of my fathers factory. I was 12 at the time and still mow the lawns at age 36.

These strips of lawn are out front, nature strips either side of the main entrance. On one side, the grass continues along in front of the mechanic business next door. Right from the beginning, I simply mowed his part so that the lawn was neat running right through. This didn't bother me, it was only a small amount of lawn and probably added a minute or two extra to the whole job. So, I had been mowing this section of grass out of curtesy for about 23 years at no charge. The same person has owned and run this business for the whole time.

I have always done this job on weekends so that I don't have to work around parked cars or weekday traffic. One Sunday, I was doing my usual when the owner pulled up to open his gate. I was walking behind the mower in his direction when he gestured for me to mow his grass. Well, that set me off!

I could not believe that he had been so oblivious to the fact someone (me) had been mowing his grass for 23 years that he needed to point at me to mow his part of the lawn. Had he stopped me, thanked or acknowledged my efforts, then I would have been fine. But the entitled way he pointed at me without even attempting to speak with to me made me so mad.

Considering he got free service for 23 years without a single acknowledgement, well that stopped immediately after this. And I can absolutely guarantee he would not have fixed someone's car for 23 years without charge. I now mow what I am paid for, leaving his side to grow out of control.

It took several months, but I knew my point had been made when I spotted him mowing it himself.

I'm not a petty man..............................much!

Page 259 of 353 FirstFirst ... 159209249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269309 ... LastLast