autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    One of my clients is mad keen on bee keeping, they have 3 active hives within their suburban back yard. It's spring so they bees are having a field day with all the plants in flower at the moment.

When they are happy, you can get as close as you like to the hive, the bees simply go about their business, some will come and see who you are but generally just carry on with that they are doing.

The owners have actually caught two swarms in the last two weeks, one of which I was present for. When angry, they are nasty little buggers, requiring either the usual beekeepers suit or being far back from where it's all going on. I actually got stung on the head and jaw, even at a seemingly safe distance.

The honey they harvest has a deliciously fragrant aroma and I can actually smell the garden in their produce. On a warm day, the whole garden is scented with sweet honey.

It's a fascinating process to see in action and wonder how many don't realize what role these little guys play in human life. No bees=no food!
    Just as long as they stay clear of the car and don't poo i like them

Post Thanks / Like

I finalised the wiring for my new led light bar. My usual soldering attempts are best described as ugly. But my soldering iron was cheap, and old, so I decided to replace it. One of the things that really annoys me when soldering is the cable, it always gets in the way, and I didn't want to use butane, so I went with a Weller cordless rechargeable with a lithium ion battery. Much happier, results are much better. Good tools definitely make a difference.

And I even remembered to put the heat shrink on the wires before soldering them. Wrapped it with electrical tape after taking the pic, for extra protection.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to make a more dedicated effort to do some sort of exercise. I’ll admit I’ve had several non-starter attempts, but I think I’ve found the key (for me).

I’m on day 8 of a 30 day “challenge”. I figure having a schedule to follow, and keeping it simple should help to get the ball rolling - and it’s working!

Picked a 30 day burpee challenge for a few reasons.
    1: This challenge starts day one with an evaluation type test that establishes the baseline you work from. That way you’re not just working towards a universal goal (do 100 of a thing/etc), you’re working to improve from where you started.
    2: I like body weight type exercises; I’m not looking to get “swoll”, just be healthier.
    3: Burpees seem like a pretty good whole body activity.

Plus, for safety’s sake (read: trying to not injure myself) it means I’m spending time before and after warming up, cooling down, and stretching, which was one of my goals anyway.

Once I get through this month, I’m already searching for what next month’s plan will be.

4. Likes opie, Big Dave, Bosko, PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Burpees are tough. I workout with a group at work and we do body weight/slam ball exercises. Burpees are one of the exercises we do.

We are expecting a frost tonight so I had to harvest all of the peppers that I could. Jalapenos and shishitos.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Mounted the WORX tool hanger for my trimmer. Keep's it off the floor.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

7. Likes oneheadlite, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Diff in my Foxbody was making a clicking sound.
    Axles had excessive side/side play indicating worn limited slip clutches. Explains the disconnected feeling it had when driving down the highway.

Pulled cover off and found the spider gears were clicking, so further disassembly commenced.

Clutches definitely worn and I figured I'll put new spider gears in as well. Would suck to put it back together with old gears and having clicking sound. Just waiting for parts to arrive.

9. Likes opie, oneheadlite, Big Dave, DFB, Tasmania and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We drove out to our building lot to see what was new

Electricity, natural gas, and fiber optic have gone in since we last visited

They also got the culvert in for our driveway

It’s been almost a month since they finished the concrete work and now that they have power the framing should start in the next week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes oneheadlite, Bosko, dgage, opie, Big Dave and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Started some ferments for future hot sauce with my last pepper harvest

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBardani View Post

Fresh coat of paint and an upgraded floor. 2 days we’ll spent

15. Likes chilly, Big Dave, dgage, DFB, MisterSnoop and 1 others liked this post
Page 219 of 353 FirstFirst ... 119169209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229269319 ... LastLast