autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 355 of 355 FirstFirst ... 255305345346347348349350351352353354355
Results 3,541 to 3,547 of 3547
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

I pulled apart the power head of my Ryobi Stick Vac, for the last couple of months the brush has randomly stopped spinning, well now it's not so random, after about 5 minutes of use the red light comes on and the brush stops, but the vac keeps sucking.

With the covers off all the wiring looks good, I blew out all the dust, checked the belt, which looks almost new. Seems to work fine that way.

Put it back together, and the brush stops again after a few minutes. Might be time for a new one.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes SNP209, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed the speaker in the front passenger door of the FJ sounding a bit buzzy occasionally, so I moved it inside and pulled the door skin off.

The speaker looked fine, but there was a sort of rubbing sound when I pushed gently on the cone. So I unscrewed the speaker from the spacer, unplugged the wires, also unscrewed the spacer from the door, reached my hand inside the door and felt around for anything loose, nothing, glad there were no huntsman spiders though, didn't think of that till after I put my hand in.

When I put it all back together, I turned the speaker by 180 degrees so the wiring wasn't as loose, at each stage of putting it back together I kept testing to see if the buzzy sound came back, nothing so far. So fingers crossed it was the wires somehow slipped down behind the cone, which didn't look possible, but I suppose it could have happened on my last off-road trip.

4. Likes chilly, DFB, Klasse Act, bill walsh, Wknd Dtlr and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been dealing with a fueling issue on my Mustang for a while. Last weekend I decided to start diagnosing. After bypassing my inline fuel pump and getting it all back together, the fuel line blew put when I was priming the system.

Had to drop the tank to repair the hose, and another case of 'while I'm in there' happened. Decided to replace the pump as well as a few other things. Good thing, because the pre-filter looked to have some nasty buildup in it. Also some questionable wiring.

Remaining parts should be here today so I can start putting it all back together.

Oh, and I decided to paint the plastic tank shield to make it pretty again. Little more gloss than I'd prefer, but it's the satin plastic paint I had on hand.

Random pics.

This first one you can see a bit of brown goo on the inside.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

6. Likes chilly, SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    In the last couple of weeks I've noticed the speaker in the front passenger door of the FJ sounding a bit buzzy occasionally, so I moved it inside and pulled the door skin off.

The speaker looked fine, but there was a sort of rubbing sound when I pushed gently on the cone. So I unscrewed the speaker from the spacer, unplugged the wires, also unscrewed the spacer from the door, reached my hand inside the door and felt around for anything loose, nothing, glad there were no huntsman spiders though, didn't think of that till after I put my hand in.

When I put it all back together, I turned the speaker by 180 degrees so the wiring wasn't as loose, at each stage of putting it back together I kept testing to see if the buzzy sound came back, nothing so far. So fingers crossed it was the wires somehow slipped down behind the cone, which didn't look possible, but I suppose it could have happened on my last off-road trip.

What kills me is some of these YouTube "experts" who demonstrate "proper" interior detailing and get more foam on and in the door speaker grills than I use to foam an entire car

It's a wonder half of them work at all after a few rounds of that kind of treatment

I guess they are built to withstand a degree of moisture but wow

8. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in our old storage unit and came across this orange Home Depot bucket and the contents pictured sitting on a grit guard that was in the bucket

2 good spray bottles are a find, not much use for the grit guard, the Tarminator still sprays, the wheel brush is a good one

The Optimum Hyper Polish has completely separated and the actual polish is a solid mass in the bottom with the liquid on top

No amount of shaking will bring it back into suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Blown coil?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Blown coil?

No, I think it might have been a speaker wire in contact with the back of the cone, but I still can't see how it would fit through the small gap, but I had been on some very rough tracks recently, crawling at 2-3 mph. There was nothing else loose inside the door. But I did rotate the speaker when I put it back in so there's no loose wires now.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 355 of 355 FirstFirst ... 255305345346347348349350351352353354355