autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Reminds me of when the print head went on my HP printer--replacement would have cost more than buying a new printer.

Post Thanks / Like

Had time this week to..

1. Chemical cleaner thru the dishwasher.
    2. Chemical cleaner thru the washing machine.
    3. Cleaned the inside of the fridge.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Back to Forza. The 'Tip Of The Spear' tour dropped yesterday with the featured car being the 2021 McLaren Sabre. I could also use my already purchased 488 Pista, GT3 RS, or GT2 RS but the Sabre looks, busy, and fun.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Took advantage of the 50+ F day and did the front brakes on my car. Looks like they would have passed inspection next month but they were getting close.

5. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They actually check the pad thickness there in PA? Back when they used to do "safety checks" here in NJ, they never did that, just more of a functional check.

Oh, PS, I see you have the same Harbor Freight aluminum "race" jack that I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    They actually check the pad thickness there in PA? Back when they used to do "safety checks" here in NJ, they never did that, just more of a functional check.

Oh, PS, I see you have the same Harbor Freight aluminum "race" jack that I do.
    yep, pad thickness, tread depth, etc. 2/32" limit on both. yeah, it's a HF low profile jack. still have to drive up on some 2x8's or 2x10's to get enough clearance to jack up the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    yep, pad thickness, tread depth, etc. 2/32" limit on both.
    You have to go to private shop for that? So they have completely privatized the car inspection there? They had gone half and half here, but now that there are no more "safety inspections" here, the only thing they do is check to make sure your check engine light isn't on, so I can't see anyone paying to go to a private inspection facility for that, unless they have already failed and they're taking it there to have the emissions problem fixed. They did check the tires here when they did that kind of thing. Come to think of it, I think NY they do the same thing where you have to go to a private garage and they take the wheels off and look at the brakes, I don't really see the point, I think it was better when they checked the braking uniformity here, but I think they stopped doing that before they even dropped some of the other stuff. They still do it on commercial vehicles here. Sorry I'm tired and rambling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You have to go to private shop for that? So they have completely privatized the car inspection there?
    Yeah. You can go to any place that's licensed to do inspections. Just about any garage can. I just take it back to the dealership I got the car at since they do it for free. I still have to pay for the emissions inspection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Yeah. You can go to any place that's licensed to do inspections. Just about any garage can. I just take it back to the dealership I got the car at since they do it for free. I still have to pay for the emissions inspection.
    In New South Wales where I live, vehicles have to be inspected every year once they hit 5 years old. They're supposed to do a thorough mechanical inspection, lights and horn included, check for any significant rust, check the seatbelts, and the brakes get tested with a machine that's meant to record pedal effort and maximum and average Gs, but I've seen a mechanic who could get a pass sitting at his desk in his office.

They also record the odometer at every inspection, and anyone can access the last 3 readings as long as they have the plate number, this is meant to stop people from winding the odometers back. But they've already figured out how to beat it, you just get the car inspected 3 times quickly and it wipes out the old readings, but if you're smart you just wouldn't buy a car that's got 3 readings that are too close together. This is the info you see when you put a plate number into the state government app, and yes the colour listed for my FJ is wrong, I've already been on to fix it once, at least it doesn't say Tan anymore, and it does have a white roof.

You can use the app to confirm any vehicle your driving is registered and has valid insurance, because regardless of who owns the vehicle, if it's unregistered and you're the driver, you get the fines, $704 for unregistered and $704 for uninsured, a double whammy because an unregistered vehicle is also uninsured.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Woodworking again
    Corner to corner - YouTube
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_5098-jpg

13. Likes bill walsh, Big Dave liked this post
Page 334 of 356 FirstFirst ... 234284324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344 ... LastLast