autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    That sucks man, I hate companies that do this, was it on eBay?

It's a common practice these days for companies to just show everything as "in stock" even when it's not. They take your order and money, and then hope they can get it from their suppliers. If they can't, well you know what happens.

We had this problem where I used to work, we would adjust stock levels for accuracy, then someone in the office would change it to show everything as in stock so more orders would come in, then we'd get complaints from both the customers, and our office, about how long orders took to ship, because we have to wait for stock to come in.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Cutting Edge Knives or CEK he the owner is well known for this but as he has triple the knives other's do you have too play nice,

He said in a email to give him a email in a few week's but is slow to email people back,
    I bought the CRKT from another place for $99 sent CEK was doing it for $75 but it was combined shipping on that case.

Still kind of ##### because if you were buying for a gift say birthday etc and you saw it in stock you buy it only to be forced a refund i mean i don't mind waiting but will see.

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Bought some knives.
    CRKT CEO compact.
    CRKT LCK small.

To match their bigger brother's.
    https://media.tenor.com/vQguieiF9VUA...ick-dundee.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop, Tasmania, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    That sucks man, I hate companies that do this, was it on eBay?

It's a common practice these days for companies to just show everything as "in stock" even when it's not. They take your order and money, and then hope they can get it from their suppliers. If they can't, well you know what happens.

We had this problem where I used to work, we would adjust stock levels for accuracy, then someone in the office would change it to show everything as in stock so more orders would come in, then we'd get complaints from both the customers, and our office, about how long orders took to ship, because we have to wait for stock to come in.

I'm currently dealing with this situation for a couple of lawn mower parts.

On their website, which is crap by the way, stock is listed as available and allows you to place an order against the stock, but they then email you with "expected shipping dates". I'm have been left waiting since the 20/03/2023 for one shipment, and 6/03/2023 for another which was the only place selling that particular part.

This is deception, they clearly don't have the stock on hand, but are happy for you to order and take your money. In effect, they are advertising a product that they don't or won't ever have.

The only reason I placed the order in the first place was because they were the only supplier with the part. And my local dealers are as useless as tits on a bull!

6. Likes bill walsh, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm currently dealing with this situation for a couple of lawn mower parts.

On their website, which is crap by the way, stock is listed as available and allows you to place an order against the stock, but they then email you with "expected shipping dates". I'm have been left waiting since the 20/03/2023 for one shipment, and 6/03/2023 for another which was the only place selling that particular part.

This is deception, they clearly don't have the stock on hand, but are happy for you to order and take your money. In effect, they are advertising a product that they don't or won't ever have.

The only reason I placed the order in the first place was because they were the only supplier with the part. And my local dealers are as useless as tits on a bull!
    It's crappy for customers, and it's not much fun working for companies that do this stuff either.

If their website is linked to their stock system, then their stock levels will be incorrect as well, meaning you have to check the shelf for every order, regardless of whether the system shows you have stock or not, and up to a half of those orders may not be in stock, so it gets ordered in, but you don't have a functioning backorder system, so everyday when the stock orders come in, you go through a stack of old orders to see if any of the old orders can finally go out. And you get lots of emails and the occasional phone call from very annoyed customers. So much wasted time.

Sorry, rant over, but you can guess how I know the other side of the problem.

8. Likes DFB, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a ‘Taste of the Track’ with PCA yesterday at Mid Ohio; 2 sessions w instructor in their car sandwiched around 1 session driving my car w instructor riding shotgun & then debrief/classroom time. Awesome fun but info overload first time on track; correct line, corner flags, passing protocols…all while keeping it outta the weeds What did you do today non-detailing related?

I can see why they keep sessions to 20-30 minutes…intense 20 minutes!

Enough fun overall that I’ll likely do full weekend in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Did a ‘Taste of the Track’ with PCA yesterday at Mid Ohio; 2 sessions w instructor in their car sandwiched around 1 session driving my car w instructor riding shotgun & then debrief/classroom time. Awesome fun but info overload first time on track; correct line, corner flags, passing protocols…all while keeping it outta the weeds What did you do today non-detailing related?

I can see why they keep sessions to 20-30 minutes…intense 20 minutes!

Enough fun overall that I’ll likely do full weekend in September.
    If you think 20 minutes in a car is intense, try a motorcycle.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

First grass cut of the season. 3'4 of the way thru of course it started to rain. Stopped. Waited till it was over and finished. Craftsman self-propelled struggled at times due the thick grass. Worx trimmer ran like a champ.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    If you think 20 minutes in a car is intense, try a motorcycle.
    Not a chance these days! What did you do today non-detailing related?

Back in the mid-80’s was signed up for Kieth Code’s California Superbike School when it came to Mid-Ohio one Summer. Alas, poor behavioral discipline the night before put an end to that opportunity; guy I signed up with made it and said it was crazy adrenaline…borderline frightening but still incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a E scooter! Dragon GTR one place was going to sting me $240 postage but found a place that could do it for $99

Now i only bought a cheap model compared to some other's but i still believe in getting around via my feet and actually human power, feels good to sweat out all the BS be it mental or physical crap that we all go through.

My brother and sister in law have brought one each spending less than me but thinking of already upgrading the model they have i can't think of it but Made in China as everything is. They got there's on good friday and we had a razz on the bike/pedestrian path i got it up to 32km/h scary but exciting, legal speed on path is 25km/h but 20 is fine for me i don't want to be a dick head so i ring my bell and pass without speed i think it's good to be kind! Call me old-fashioned.

17. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I bought a E scooter! Dragon GTR one place was going to sting me $240 postage but found a place that could do it for $99

Now i only bought a cheap model compared to some other's but i still believe in getting around via my feet and actually human power, feels good to sweat out all the BS be it mental or physical crap that we all go through.

My brother and sister in law have brought one each spending less than me but thinking of already upgrading the model they have i can't think of it but Made in China as everything is. They got there's on good friday and we had a razz on the bike/pedestrian path i got it up to 32km/h scary but exciting, legal speed on path is 25km/h but 20 is fine for me i don't want to be a dick head so i ring my bell and pass without speed i think it's good to be kind! Call me old-fashioned.
    Lucky you're not up here, they're illegal to ride anywhere but private property in NSW. Doesn't stop anyone from riding them around my neighbourhood though. If you get caught, and the cop is having a bad day, the fines can get close to $3k.

Most of the people who ride them in my area know to steer clear of me when I'm out with the dogs, they really go off whenever they see or hear them. It's not that they'd attack them, they stop barking as soon as they stop riding them, but they seriously want to chase them down, and if you can only hit 32kmh, you won't be fast enough, they will catch you.

Be careful when you're charging it as well, it's not uncommon for the batteries to explode while being charged, a recent news story said that state wide they average one house fire a day caused by e-scooter battery fires.

19. Likes Tasmania liked this post
Page 264 of 353 FirstFirst ... 164214254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274314 ... LastLast