autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

I got asked elsewhere for pictures of my fleet and I'm always happy to take a pic!

From left to right at the back - Victa Corvette 400 Sprint 375, Victa Commando 2-Stoke, Victa Mustang 2-Stroke, Rover ProCut 560 Kohler.

From left to right at the front - Victa MasterCut 2-Stroke, Victa Mustang InStart, Victa MulchMaster 560, Bushranger 800SP GXV160.

There is actually one missing from these pics, my grandpa's old green Victa Mustang (below), it's buried in the depths of the garden shed at the moment. Ultimately, I want to restore it one day, along with my first mower, the Corvette 400 pictured above.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I got asked elsewhere for pictures of my fleet and I'm always happy to take a pic!

From left to right at the back - Victa Corvette 400 Sprint 375, Victa Commando 2-Stoke, Victa Mustang 2-Stroke, Rover ProCut 560 Kohler.

From left to right at the front - Victa MasterCut 2-Stroke, Victa Mustang InStart, Victa MulchMaster 560, Bushranger 800SP GXV160.

There is actually one missing from these pics, my grandpa's old green Victa Mustang (below), it's buried in the depths of the garden shed at the moment. Ultimately, I want to restore it one day, along with my first mower, the Corvette 400 pictured above.

How many hours do you do on the motors before you buy another one?
    The old man's ride on we went from 19hp down to 15hp with a engine swap
    you can feel the difference, can't cut the long grass anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    How many hours do you do on the motors before you buy another one?
    The old man's ride on we went from 19hp down to 15hp with a engine swap
    you can feel the difference, can't cut the long grass anymore
    I buy or swap them out as I please rather than running them for a certain level of hours. Some mowers I have worked until they become smokey, others get traded out when I find something else I want to try. The red Victa Corvette on the top left I got in the early 2000's and is very worn, I keep it for sentimental reasons as it was the workhorse that helped me build my business. My second mower was also worked into the ground, I traded it as it started to get a little smoky. The Rover on the top right earned me a lot of money and has been retired for a couple of years now.

4. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I buy or swap them out as I please rather than running them for a certain level of hours. Some mowers I have worked until they become smokey, others get traded out when I find something else I want to try. The red Victa Corvette on the top left I got in the early 2000's and is very worn, I keep it for sentimental reasons as it was the workhorse that helped me build my business. My second mower was also worked into the ground, I traded it as it started to get a little smoky. The Rover on the top right earned me a lot of money and has been retired for a couple of years now.
    Husqvarna ride on mowers (The fun starts when the warranty runs out) or my dad just has sexy fingers....

Yeah definitely sexy fingers

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reinstalled the roof rack on my girlfriend's car Friday night and went kayaking on Saturday.

8. Likes CleanIT, Big Dave, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spirograph mowing season. Getting to where you’ve gotta mow every 5 days or so, so the pattern really starts to show. Next round starting point will be radiating from the right side…

10. Likes Big Dave, opie, dgage, DFB, Tasmania and 1 others liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to work, then came home for dinner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Spirograph mowing season. Getting to where you’ve gotta mow every 5 days or so, so the pattern really starts to show. Next round starting point will be radiating from the right side…

I rekon that deek is illeagal if its finished without railing lol. And nice mow pattern.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I rekon that deck is illegal if its finished without railing lol. And nice mow pattern.
    Good eye! At the moment, you’re right: It’s not a deck, it’s just a fancy platform. Took a month to get the decking. Found out they ordered the wrong railing. Right railing isn’t here until August 17th.

14. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta tell you I was so pissed at DFB this afternoon.

The plan was to change the blades on the zero turn, add the new mulching plug, and cut the front yard. Should have taken 2-3 hours. But when I went to change the blades, well, I need to clean under the mowing deck. And then the mowing deck and rest of the mower needs to be cleaned. Next thing I know I’m detailing my damn mower because of DFB making me look bad with the super clean mowers.

P21 Total Auto Wash in an IK Foam 2
    Mothers Fender Brush and a small 1” brush
    Shine Supply Wise Guy tire cleaner
    Duragloss 461 Orange Degreaser for grease around engine and wheels
    Duragloss 253 tire dressing
    Adam’s Advanced Graphene Spray Coating on everything (paint, metal, plastic, vinyl, rubber)

Cleaning took about 2.5 hours and then I had to cut the grass for another 2 hours, which includes edging and blowing everything off. I did get to use the Ego 765 blower I received for Father’s Day so that was good. My mower is dirty again dammit even though I blew it off well.

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
Page 208 of 353 FirstFirst ... 108158198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218258308 ... LastLast