autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Need to have a word with the neighbours and see if they mind you cutting the over growth on your fence line.
    I think they like having the overgrown material on the fence, it helps to hide the crop of weed they have growing it pots. That stuff reeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I think they like having the overgrown material on the fence, it helps to hide the crop of weed they have growing it pots. That stuff reeks.
    As in the weed people smoke? That's crazy better to stay on their good side i guess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    As in the weed people smoke? That's crazy better to stay on their good side i guess
    You got it!

Every Autumn has been accompanied by a strange aroma outside. Took me many years to figure out what it was. I have a very strong sense of smell so I can pick up scents that others can't. The aroma is very pungent, I could smell it when I drove into our street the other week.

He got busted many years ago for growing it and from what I can gather, he is just cultivating it for personal use and not selling it.

Apart from it being illegal, it's the smell that annoys me most as it seems to float indoors as well.

4. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    You got it!

Every Autumn has been accompanied by a strange aroma outside. Took me many years to figure out what it was. I have a very strong sense of smell so I can pick up scents that others can't. The aroma is very pungent, I could smell it when I drove into our street the other week.

He got busted many years ago for growing it and from what I can gather, he is just cultivating it for personal use and not selling it.

Apart from it being illegal, it's the smell that annoys me most as it seems to float indoors as well.
    That's CRAZY! I also have a good sniffer and can't stand cigarette smoke or even the idiot's that are burning off this time of the year, just take the rubbish to the tip ....nah mate let's burn it. Got some bloody half wit bogans around my area

6. Likes opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cam and crank yesterday, core plugs today.
    Hopefully next weekend will be pistons.

8. Likes Bosko, chilly, dgage, oneheadlite, DFB and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of days ago: I went to watch the LA Clippers host the New Orleans Pelicans in the NBA play in game. Unfortunately we lost and our season came to an end.What did you do today non-detailing related?
    We’ll be back next season.What did you do today non-detailing related?

10. Likes DFB, dgage, Odrapnew, SWETM, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Vacation Project Number Five - Power Reel installation.

I have a extreme hatred of untidy, messy cables and hoses.............it drives me nuts!

You know the sort of thing..............

Ideally, I would have preferred a metal style reel, but these are just too far out of the budget for what they are. My choice ended up being this Australian made Recoila Retractable Reel. I like that when ready, I can add the compressed air version and have them match. Form is equally important as function.

A blank wall and a power outlet right below made the perfect spot for this addition.

The box contains a template for easily locating the drilling points.

I chose to mount this up high to keep it out of the way, doing so requires the 'mouth piece' to be relocated to the lower section. This is done by removing a few screws, popping the black plastic mouth piece out, removing the plastic stopper, feeding the cord and mouth piece down into the lower position before snapping into place and replacing the screws.

Now, I had some help with the drilling portion of this project. The two brackets need 8 holes and 8 dyna bolts to hold them position. This is a concrete wall so a Hilti hammer drill is needed for this job. Let's just say the installation was somewhat testing, although for a change it was me who was calmer and less stressed.

If/when I do this again, I think I'll mount the reel to a cleat and attach the cleat to the wall instead for a smoother installation.

Either way, it's installed and should work quite well.

Post Thanks / Like

Degreed cam, checked piston to valve clearance and finished assembling shortblock. Slowly coming together.

13. Likes Bosko, dgage, JDGolden, Bdubbs, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday i helped my brother at his flip house, i pressure washed the concrete and then went to mum's/dad's place to mow the lawns with the ride on and push mower for the tight spots.

Now we have 6 day's of rain......................yay

15. Likes dgage, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    A couple of days ago: I went to watch the LA Clippers host the New Orleans Pelicans in the NBA play in game. Unfortunately we lost and our season came to an end.What did you do today non-detailing related?
    We’ll be back next season.What did you do today non-detailing related?

Hopefully the Kwahi and George experience pans out next year. Like them both as players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes dgage, Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 198 of 353 FirstFirst ... 98148188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208248298 ... LastLast