autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    This past weekend we brought home the newest member to our family. Our black and white Pit Mix that was among the most loyal dogs we've ever had was bonded to my wife like no-other and we he passed last year, she had a broken heart that took time to heal. Well, with spring coming and it being just over 11 months she was ready and one day started looking.

She wanted a smaller pup, something soft and cuddly and this mix fit the bill. Now, that said, our neighbor has the same mix but of course not identical as they always vary, and their male is 32lbs. We're hoping this boy stays under 20 but my guess is he will be 25 or so.

Meet "Zuko", pronounced Zoo-Co as in a character from one of my kids favorite cartoon series growing up, The Last Airbender. In the show the character is a "fire bender" and that's appropriate on many levels as my wife is a fiery spirit and we need someone that can handle manipulate it. After 24+ years, I'm still not perfect, but I think Zuko will be. The reddish hair also contributes to the name and thus far he is fitting right in.

Zuko is a 15 week old, 12lb Cavapoo, which is a cross between the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Poodle. His color and the fact that he looks more like a spaniel is what attracted us to him. Our neighbor looks more like a poodle.

What a sweetie.

2. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Ahhh 80/90's muscle cars, they were so cool in their own ways, alot of character.
    Beautiful car!! The engine your working on for it should give it that amazing sound and get up and go!!!!
    Yeah, my mother in law says it's the least sporty looking Mustang.....I'm OK with that. Minimalist look makes it all the better.

I hear you on the power upgrade.
    The engine in it now was a stock garage 5.0 rebuild (all 225hp) that I did last summer to get it to storage while I rebuilt the current engine properly.
    While it runs amazing and has decent torque for cruising, it falls off fast over 3000rpm (at least compared the modded engine).

The good rebuild, heads, cam and of course, supercharger should put me back in the 430rwhp+ range.

4. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Silly Rabbit, Coatingsarecrack, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    Yeah, my mother in law says it's the least sporty looking Mustang.....I'm OK with that. Minimalist look makes it all the better.

The engine in it now was a stock garage 5.0 rebuild (all 225hp) that I did last summer to get it to storage while I rebuilt the current engine properly.
    While it runs amazing and has decent torque for cruising, it falls off fast over 3000rpm (at least compared the modded engine).

The good rebuild, heads, cam and of course, supercharger should put me back in the 430rwhp+ range.
    Yea but back during that time the notchback 5.0's where the ones considered quicker and where the ones the guys wanting to be the fastest wanted. The 5.0's also had such a great sound. I think Flowmaster really made their business from them, lol, back then every Stang owner had a Flowmaster and they had such a badass sound. Little tincan cars that had a great engine and were little rockets. I have huge huge love for the pony cars, I loved the GM vs Ford rivalry, Camaro/Firebird vs Mustang. Throw in the Grand National, Monte Carlo SS, GMC Syclones, 454SS, Vettes, along came Viper.... man it was such a great time for cool cars. Today still has awsome cars Hellcats, ZL1's, GT500's, Vettes, etc. But there was so much personalities and character with them all in the 80/90's.
    With the light weight of your car, that HP will make it a little monster on the road.

6. Likes Odrapnew, Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of foxbodies. I can't wait to drive this one. It's just a old school HCI combo. It does have a 03 cobra IRS out back.

Former fhp ssp.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

8. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack, DFB, Odrapnew, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post
    Speaking of foxbodies. I can't wait to drive this one. It's just a old school HCI combo. It does have a 03 cobra IRS out back.

Former fhp ssp.

Very cool car.

10. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubbs View Post

Former fhp ssp.
    Love how they've kept it super clean and tasteful (no mismatched wheels for the era, poor bodykit choices/etc).

Can you spell out the abbreviations for the folks that love that 5.0 sound but don't know what any of what you just said means? (other than the '03 cobra Independent Rear )

12. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post

Dude, I'm gonna be calling you for a ride when that thing is done. Memory serves your fleet has MN plates, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Love how they've kept it super clean and tasteful (no mismatched wheels for the era, poor bodykit choices/etc).

Can you spell out the abbreviations for the folks that love that 5.0 sound but don't know what any of what you just said means? (other than the '03 cobra Independent Rear )
    For sure!

For those that don't know HCI means heads/cam/intake.

And the FHP SSP is Florida highway patrol special service package.

BTW I'm located in Minnesota.

15. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back then all the 5.0 guys did the HCI route. They had such a mean exhaust sound, like I said, Flowmasters were everywhere, lol. Throw in the odd Supertrapps here and there.

17. Likes Bdubbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Back then all the 5.0 guys did the HCI route. They had such a mean exhaust sound, like I said, Flowmasters were everywhere, lol. Throw in the odd Supertrapps here and there.
    Oh yeah. My first mustang was a 91 gt back in 1998. First mod was Flowmaster american thunders.

I'll be installing Flowmaster american thunders on the 93 reef blue hatch soon. It should be pretty tame with the stock headers and catted mid pipe.

Page 194 of 358 FirstFirst ... 94144184185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204244294 ... LastLast