autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Spent 3 and half hours cutting the lawn by hand with a push mower because the bloody ride on has chucked it in.

Don't ask me how my neck and back feel....Please don't ask
    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I spent 5.5 hours mowing non-stop today in horrible humidity. No ride on for me...........

That humidity has sent the grass crazy. The above is two weeks worth of growth, the edges done vertically and the taller material slashed down around the perimeter. This offers a smoother, neater edge. I also slashed a couple of sections to make it easier on the mower. I had to double-mow this lawn, as in cut on a high setting and going back over it on a lower height. This method is easier on the machine, helping to prevent chute blockages and and engine stall/bog. Even still, the poor thing worked HARD today.

I'm actually pretty beat up after today. Have I mentioned I HATE summer!

It's also one of the reasons I charge accordingly. I don't do walk ups, I don't charge beer Bob prices. It's hard work, work than people clearly don't want to do themselves.......the price reflects this!
    Having a hard time working up some sympathy for you guys w the beautiful green grass and sunshine! What did you do today non-detailing related?

2. Likes dgage, seabiscut88, Tasmania, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

plowing ice rinks

4. Likes seabiscut88, BudgetPlan1, opie, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No detailing this week, although there is some crossover.

I pre-ordered this extra large cabinet last November, shortly after ordering the flooring.

These cabinets were not due for release until the end of December, mine was not dispatched until mid January. And of course it arrived after the public holiday last week, which means it sat in the box for another 5 days. But it's here now and, after being held back a few hours due to doctor appointments, is now assembled and stocked.

As mentioned, this is a big bugger at 1525mm x 610mm x 1840mm. It would have just fit the space next to the sink and ultimately replace my current chemical and microfiber cabinets. I decided to leave that beast alone for now, allowing me to find a home for various tools that were displaced by removing the array of cabinets along the left side of the garage. Those particle board cabinets were water damaged and just not what I wanted so were re-located to my storage facility.

A big cabinet meant two large boxes and a lot of pieces, which I sorted into their sections and emptied the assorted screws and bolts into some bowls. Hope you like the poka-dots!

Then it was a case of following the assembly guide, slowly and carefully. Piece by piece, the assortment of panels started to turn into a cabinet.

As mentioned, this cabinet will hold general household and automotive tools, fixings, my vacuum and..............a surplus of gallon size chemicals!

And the best bit? I have freed up space for more products in the cabinet and under the sink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    No detailing this week, although there is some crossover.

I pre-ordered this extra large cabinet last November, shortly after ordering the flooring.

These cabinets were not due for release until the end of December, mine was not dispatched until mid January. And of course it arrived after the public holiday last week, which means it sat in the box for another 5 days. But it's here now and, after being held back a few hours due to doctor appointments, is now assembled and stocked.

As mentioned, this is a big bugger at 1525mm x 610mm x 1840mm. It would have just fit the space next to the sink and ultimately replace my current chemical and microfiber cabinets. I decided to leave that beast alone for now, allowing me to find a home for various tools that were displaced by removing the array of cabinets along the left side of the garage. Those particle board cabinets were water damaged and just not what I wanted so were re-located to my storage facility.

A big cabinet meant two large boxes and a lot of pieces, which I sorted into their sections and emptied the assorted screws and bolts into some bowls. Hope you like the poka-dots!

Then it was a case of following the assembly guide, slowly and carefully. Piece by piece, the assortment of panels started to turn into a cabinet.

As mentioned, this cabinet will hold general household and automotive tools, fixings, my vacuum and..............a surplus of gallon size chemicals!

And the best bit? I have freed up space for more products in the cabinet and under the sink!

That looks great What did you do today non-detailing related?.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want a tall locker cabinet or some wall mounted cabinets. I need a place to store my detailing supplies.

I might eventually do both. The cabinets would be above the workbench. And a tall cabinet next to it.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

7. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Clippers vs. Lakers game last night. Clippers win!What did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Los Angeles is ready for the Superbowl.What did you do today non-detailing related?

9. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had a oil change and tire rotation done. New wiper blades. Chevy multipoint inspection. Everything is good. 40,788 Miles.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Installed an extra 1Tb of storage on my PS5. Watched a video and the guy was right, the hardest part was removing the cover (literally just pulling up to remove).

Now I can transfer the rest of the games from my PS4. Not a lot of them, but the standard internal storage on the 5 is lacking.

Tomorrow I'm dropping my 5.0 engine parts off for some machining.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to build up a support pier for our exterior stairs because we had some erosion and now a dirt/rock guy is going to be building up the affected corner of the building

Added 3 blocks over the existing support block, 4 rebars, and 2 bags of Sakrete

After the concrete sets I will put in a new bracket and fit the post back

I poured the extra Sakrete around the base just to use it up

That will be covered

The backfill will be halfway up the top block

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Had to build up a support pier for our exterior stairs because we had some erosion
    I'm guessing from torrential rain?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'm guessing from torrential rain?
    Yeah, we don’t get much where we are but when we do during the monsoons it’s a LOT all at once

We had our upper driveway widened a bit and gravel spread after we bought the house 4 years ago and the guy who did the work actually changed the pitch and instead of the water running down the inside of the drive and down to the canyon it goes roaring across the property

The guy who originally cut the lot immediately knew what the problem was and is going to put it back the way it should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 187 of 359 FirstFirst ... 87137177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196197237287 ... LastLast