autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Brake swap in the Grand Prix. Was motivated to at least swap the rears today. Straight swap so that’s a good thing.

Old 11” rear brake set up

New GXP 12” rear set up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Brake swap in the Grand Prix. Was motivated to at least swap the rears today. Straight swap so that’s a good thing.

Old 11” rear brake set up

New GXP 12” rear set up

I’m so disappointed The Guz. It doesn’t look like you maintained the paint on the old rotors. I hope you put a nice coating on the new ones. Looks great and should perform even better.

Then again, this is the non-detailing related thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I had a '97 Grand Prix GTP and one of it's biggest shortcomings were the brakes. They were just not commensurate with the car's other performance attributes.

Post Thanks / Like

My main job is in retail horticulture, which under level 4 lockdown rules, is not considered essential. Luckily I have a lot of annual leave owing so I am at least being paid to stay home.

My side job is running a small gardening business which I have expanded to include car detailing for some of my clients. Gardeners are not considered essential workers either. So, I am not allowed to work alone in an outdoor setting, and generally not having any contact with the people I am working for. Yet a group of men can run around a sporting field chasing a football with close physical contact in the national football league. But guess what, the politicians still get paid their wages so guess all is well in the world. I understand that these lockdowns serve a purpose, it's the lack of common sense that has me seething, what hampers my ability to earn a living.

So, I have some extra time on my hands, which allows me to spend it in my own garden for a change.

Yesterday, I planted a Coral Bark Maple in this large ceramic pot, under-planted with some winter color.

I also have a number of plants that are putting on a show, helping to lift the cold winter days outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you get out of lockdown soon.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I 2nd that. And with keeping up with this tread title....after reading dbf's post, today non detailing related... ive thought about all the humans in the world still being held down by big goverment, still being told what we humans are allowed/not allowed to do. Even when it comes to the most basic funtions of life. Lockdowns were totally missused. Also was turned into one of the biggest power grabs in history and have served no purpose for over a year now, imo.

Unlike humans...atleast your flowers can live free of government over reach and continue to bloom/prosper. Continuing to live free as they have years prior. I hope that one day the powers to be will reliquish their grip on our basic human rights. And stop trying to herd us whichever way they see fit. Lets hope we can get back to prospering in life just like those beautiful flowers.

Good day folks

8. Likes Jayfro, DetailKitty, DFB, JDGolden, dpk20x liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hung stuff up… latest painting in living room & old tennis racquets in guest room.
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-6527a31e-d9b5-425b-8aed-71dcae2bc888-jpg
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-2f555a88-742f-45a8-9f3b-00d507a27100-jpeg

Started work on my next painting.
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-ad59e085-6deb-4ae5-868d-edceffc6222f-jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Swapped out the fronts. GXP 12.7” dual piston installed. Out with the old General Motors Performance Part Caliper bracket upgrade which allowed for a 12” rotor to be used with the factory single piston caliper.

Just need to bleed the system and it’s good to go.

18’s clear without any issues all away around.

11. Likes dgage, oneheadlite, Texchappy, opie, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Lockdown for Victoria has been extended by 7 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Got rid of the lame, dim halogen side markers and installed Led side markers.

Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Page 171 of 354 FirstFirst ... 71121161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181221271 ... LastLast