autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    As a bit of a laugh with a fellow member on a forum elsewhere, I went all out with some printed labels for my spray bottles.

Again, the things I do for these cars.
    Seems completely reasonable to me. I label the tops as I'm usually looking at them from above when they're in the garage.

2. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a ginormous shoe shelf for my shoes. Got the idea from a bookshelf posted on Facebook

All that I have left is mounting it (into a stud)

Carbon gray stay
    3/4 plywood back
    1/2 or 5/8 ply shelves.
    Glue screws and pins

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB, IH8SPM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    I made a ginormous shoe shelf for my shoes. Got the idea from a bookshelf posted on Facebook

All that I have left is mounting it (into a stud)

Carbon gray stay
    3/4 plywood back
    1/2 or 5/8 ply shelves.
    Glue screws and pins

2020 I streamlined all my clothes and shoes and went the minimalistic route for 2021. I went from 50 pairs to 7.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today non-detailing related?

Finished up the bench for the wife. Also rotated my tires on the truck and greased the front end. Changed air pressure in the truck after rotate and set pressures in the wife’s. Also put away all the Christmas stuff. House is remotely back to normal. What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1491-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes DETAILROOKIE, ntwillie1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I setup my new iphone 12 Max pro. I had a 4 yr old iphone that the camera finally failed on. Otherwise I’d still have it and I wouldn’t spend a dime on a new phone. Speaking of spending money - this thing was $1300 - I could of bought a new gaming pc w that kind of money. Or some car mods. Or some detailing supplies. It does however have 5G and a great camera. Hopefully it lasts me 4 years like my old 8plus. Recently got into Instagram so def need a camera on my phone, lol.

2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

9. Likes DFB, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    So I went to the store today to get a new ethernet cord since my wife's cat decided to be a butt and damage my other one..... as I walk in the door and the manager walked up to me and said hey Jay would you like the new 6900XT today. I said my God yes thank you (don't worry about why they know my name). This card is super hard to get. Santa must love me in 2020. I had to remove the price tag off and mix it with my other box's due to I want to make it to see tomorrow lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Woahhh nice build! But wheres your PSU?!

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I switched my ugly wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires for ugly wheels with Dunlop winter tires. I drove home in a snow storm the other night and while the Michelin’s are an improved all season tire in terms of snow performance they gave me little confidence at every intersection. Starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear gave me barely noticeable improvement in traction. My winter tires laugh at snow and ice. While changing the tires I discovered my air compressor is being an @#$&*%. I’ll dive in to that later today. No air pressure meant I had to remove and replace lug nuts the old fashioned way...with muscle! Went to Discount Tire this morning and got the air set at 36 psi on all 4 corners.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Yesterday I switched my ugly wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ tires for ugly wheels with Dunlop winter tires. I drove home in a snow storm the other night and while the Michelin’s are an improved all season tire in terms of snow performance they gave me little confidence at every intersection. Starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear gave me barely noticeable improvement in traction. My winter tires laugh at snow and ice. While changing the tires I discovered my air compressor is being an @#$&*%. I’ll dive in to that later today. No air pressure meant I had to remove and replace lug nuts the old fashioned way...with muscle! Went to Discount Tire this morning and got the air set at 36 psi on all 4 corners.
    I live in TN so I don’t need a winter tire but I’ve had some high-performance summer tires in the past and they don’t do well below 40 degrees and are like skates on the snow. One of the reasons I went to the Continental DWS-06 all-season performance tires over the AS3+ was multiple comments that they were better in the snow and a little quieter. But if I were a little further north, I’d have some good winter tires as well as they are better than AWD though AWD with winters would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to re design my garage and get it painted, hopefully it'll help on the amount of dust! Now to decorate it and organize it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a free table and chairs. Stripped table down and wife painted legs and post white to match the bench we just finished. I stripped the old varnish off the table top and got it prepped and got 2 coats of stain down. Possibly putting a 3rd down tomorrow. Looked similar to the chair What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1495-jpg
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1496-jpg
    What did you do today non-detailing related?-img_1497-jpg

Also got all my boards dado cut that needed it and got them all sanded. Tomorrow prefit to make sure I can still read a tape measure. Then it’s glue and pin it all together. Hopefully start stain/sealing Tuesday and be able to install in my gun room this weekend

16. Likes DETAILROOKIE, PaulMys liked this post
Page 148 of 353 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158198248 ... LastLast