autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why???

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Why???

Why???

I do everything I can to keep my car like new. I've got serious back problems, but I'll still walk 1/4 mile or more to park where no one will park close to me. Everywhere I go I do this.

This morning I go to 7-11. They weren't busy. There was a car on my left, I parked far enough away so if they opened their door all the way it wouldn't hit my car. Three empty parking spots on my passenger side. I was in there less than a minute.

I come out there is a car parked about 18" from my passenger side, someone sitting in the passenger seat watching me try to check my door. There was enough room for me to get different angles to check it. So I pulled to the side of the parking lot to look.

Sure enough a little ding on my door, the first and only one and the car is 18 months old.

I got in my car to drive back over and confront them and they are tearing out of the parking lot. I started chasing them. They had about 1/4 mile head start. Nissan Murrano, my Camaro SS, yeah I was on their bumper in no time.

Then I thought about how many people are packing these days and backed off and let them go. Not worth getting shot over.

What is going through someone's mind when they see a car like mine and park so close they can't get out without hitting my car. And why would they not back up and move over a little when there is nothing on the other side of them.

Hopefully they at least got a good scare seeing that Camaro coming up on them that fast and will think twice before they do something so stupid next time.

It's nice to have a place to vent where people know how you feel.

2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why???

Hope a good PDR guy can take it out. I use my guy so much I should have stock in his company.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, why the HELL do they make the parking spots so small and narrow!!??
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Parking is always a premium. Park on the left or right line for less dents.

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part, parking spots in the US are HUGE. Go to other countries and you'll see what small spots mean. So many are tiny that you can't have an SUV or crossover, it just can't fit. When I go to Brazil to see my family it drives me nuts. Basically you have to choose which side of your car you want to open the door. You can't open both because it just won't fit. Depending on how bad the other driver parked, you have to enter via passenger side. In Europe it's the same or worse. No wonder most European cars fold their mirrors when locked.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    For the most part, parking spots in the US are HUGE. Go to other countries and you'll see what small spots mean. So many are tiny that you can't have an SUV or crossover, it just can't fit. When I go to Brazil to see my family it drives me nuts. Basically you have to choose which side of your car you want to open the door. You can't open both because it just won't fit. Depending on how bad the other driver parked, you have to enter via passenger side. In Europe it's the same or worse. No wonder most European cars fold their mirrors when locked.
    That's so true! I live in Sweden and the parkingspaces is very small. If trucks and suvs were parked a side they would'nt get out from them. The smallest width of recommended is what is mostly used. And the biggest is rearly used. In the handicap spots and familyparkings is wider space. If you have children in their special car seat and would park in the regualar spots it can be most difficult to get them out of there. So dings is something you're gonna live with here. I could take a picture sometime to show you how narrow spaces we have.
    That so sad when it happens and people are so disrespectful. Hope you can get it fixed nicely.
    Why???-dsc_3902-jpg
    Here is my car parked at a gas station and is almost centered in the space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That's so true! I live in Sweden and the parkingspaces is very small. If trucks and suvs were parked a side they would'nt get out from them. The smallest width of recommended is what is mostly used. And the biggest is rearly used. In the handicap spots and familyparkings is wider space. If you have children in their special car seat and would park in the regualar spots it can be most difficult to get them out of there. So dings is something you're gonna live with here. I could take a picture sometime to show you how narrow spaces we have.
    That so sad when it happens and people are so disrespectful. Hope you can get it fixed nicely.
    Why???-dsc_3902-jpg
    Here is my car parked at a gas station and is almost centered in the space.
    Are you anywhere near Falun??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Are you anywhere near Falun??
    I live in the south and Falun is in the middle so 340miles from me.
    What connection do you have to Falun?

Post Thanks / Like

try living in England, the stop are way smaller then here in the states

Post Thanks / Like

It happened to me on my 2010, went to the dealership, a whole row of open parking spots, probably 12. Woman parks right next to me kid opens the back door and scrapes paint off my door handle. Then when I confront her she starts loud,y arguing with me. I wasn't having it. Long story short two cops ended up coming. I told the cop what happened, of course the woman is rudely saying it didn't. Cop opens he door slowly, and of course it's a perfect match with the damage on the vehicle. The look she gave that woman was priceless. lol Then if course the woman gets all nice. Cost her 125.00.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.