autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if it's just a battery upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Checked the spec of the 40V vs 20V. Very similar flow rate and only small increase in the psi for the high power setting...So I highly suspect the 40V version is marketing gimmick.

Sent from my F8132 using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using one this winter and although it is not as good as a pressure washer I am very happy with it. I use it to first blast off all of the road salt and grime especially from the lower portions of the vehicles. It also works well on the wheel wells. There were occasions this winter when I didn't fell like setting up the hose. I filled three 5 gallon buckets with warm water and drew the water right from the buckets. I was able to wash the Ford Explorer with only 2 buckets.
    A spare battery and fast charger are definitely good ideas. I bought the Powerextra 4.0Ah battery on Amazon for $36.00 and the Worx fast charger for $42.00.

Post Thanks / Like

TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX DOLLARS for the fast charger, WOW! I will eventually get the 4.0v battery, thus giving me a total of 3 batteries, so I could wash 2 cars in a row if need be.

I'm glad it's serving you wellI bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?I bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using mine for several weeks and really like it for rinseless washing. Causes me to use a bit more solution vs my traditional sprayer but I'm okay with that. I added the following clip so that the hose will stay in a 5 gallon bucket nicely. I also added a hard-plastic tube from the paint store to the end of the hose so the feed-line will stay on the edge of the bucket and pulls from the very bottom too. Works great. The only additional mod might be to incorporate it into a lid so I can seal the bucket with it on there.

Anyway, the ONLY drawback is that with Wolfgang Uber, the filter screen within the quick release on the gun can become clogged with the polymers of the rinseless solution. This could be because I mix it up a little stronger. IIRC their ratio is 1oz to 3 gals and I did 2oz to 5 gals this last time. Not a big deal but I did notice a drop in pressure 1/2 way through and had to clean it out. I haven't experimented but could it be do to the fact that I used cold tap water vs warm/hot? Not sure.

Overall however, the 20v gives me enough power to do both cars. I simply put it back on the charger while I'm drying the first one to top it off as best I can during that time and then move to the other one.

I'm not a power washer user so this fits the bill. Especially since in the winter time a power washer in a closed garage would make a mess with all the overspray and splatter. On high this little guy puts out just the right amount of pressure to clean wheels with ease, especially coated ones. I didn't even use a brush this time, just hit them with some wheel cleaner, let it dwell and blasted them off. Any road grime or misc. dirt came off on when I wiped them after blow drying.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX DOLLARS for the fast charger, WOW! I will eventually get the 4.0v battery, thus giving me a total of 3 batteries, so I could wash 2 cars in a row if need be.

I'm glad it's serving you wellI bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?I bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?

Sorry. That was $42.00 for the WORX WA3847 fast charger. My entire order was $266.00.

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only had a chance to use my hydroshot just once. I was able to do all four wheels and wash the entire car (Maxima) with just using the 4 Ah battery with the smaller battery that came with the hydroshot in reserve if needed. IME the quick charger is money well spent. My only problem is keeping the hose in the bucket. I've tried to regulate the float but I must be doing something wrong. Also the bucket clip that came with the hydroshot just will not stay on the buckets edge. Overall, I am completely satisfied with the hydroshot and enjoy using it.

Post Thanks / Like

My clip stays in place but I've got these ribs on there, stays in place. I bet you can come up with a solutionI bought a WORX 20V Powershot cordless power cleaner, anyone use one?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Thanks Frank70 thanked for this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718